Varsoon Birthday Thread

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Varsoon Birthday Thread

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed May 15, 2019 5:26 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Hey!
I'm turning 28 and that's kind of a meaningless milestone for me but I do want to celebrate regardless.
This site has been a huge part of my life for the last few years and I don't say it enough--I really do love this community. This doesn't just go for people who are in the games I run or the games I play, but to other moderators that make this all happen, to the admin staff that keep this whole thing going, and to all the people who come back here to play and have fun together. Some of the most fun experiences that I've had in my life have been on this site and it's really easy to undermine the value of the time spent here and connections made because it's all digital. Yes, there are frustrations and rough times--yes, I do get angry with other players from time to time; but that all passes and what's stuck has been the good that's come out of all of it. I've really grown thanks to a lot of the connections I've had here. Thanks to Mafiascum, my life's been a little brighter, and so I wanted to thank you all for that.

Part of what I've been doing to spread the love on other sites is that I've been sharing fond memories I've had with other people who have wished me a happy birthday. So, if anyone posts in here, I'll try to let you know something that you've done that's really had an affect on me for the better.

Some of you might've heard I've been in a bit of a rough spot as of late. I've been dealing with a lot of personal issues and stress, on top of financial problems. More than one of my friends has asked me what I want for my birthday and, honestly, other than support, money's the next best thing. I set up a go fund me page, though if you prefer something like paypal, that's cool, too. If you want to help me make ends meet, I'd appreciate it, but if you can't, just wishing me a happy birthday and sharing the love really does help and make my day a lot better to hear from you.

<3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Wed May 15, 2019 6:09 pm

Post by Varsoon »

<3
Positivity always wins out in the end, y'know.

I think I remember seeing you playing more than I actually ever engaged with you, but something about that FTL game we were in really struck me. It made me really happy to just have something small, low-commitment to latch onto and you were really pleasant throughout the whole thing, too. I mean, we didn't even interact much, there, but just knowing that you were on-board with being a part of this game and we were all, in small ways, working towards that goal together--that's really shone some moments of happiness into what's otherwise been a rough month for me. I look forward to getting to play in more games with you in the future, both mafia and otherwise. c:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Thu May 16, 2019 3:42 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Aw, man, ya'll are the best. Thanks for the birthday wishes!!
In post 3, PvtUrist wrote:Happy birthday Varsoon :]
Thanks, Urist! I haven't gotten to play very much with you but I'm really interested in being in more games in the future if you're up for that!!
In post 4, Iconeum wrote:Happy birthday to us!
Yes! Mwahahahah!
Real talk, Iconeum, thank you so much for being there to talk to me when things were getting really rough. That kind of thing means a lot to me.
In post 5, vonflare wrote:O Frabjous Day
Yeehaw!
Even though you've got a 2014 joindate, man, you feel like an ubiquitous part of this site and you've got such a positive energy that I'm always happy to see you as a part of anything on here.
In post 6, animorpherv1 wrote:Happy birthday, Varsoon! Here's to many more!
Thanks!
And here is where my memory starts to fail me and I remember why I'm not all that great at mafia
Because I swear I've seen your username
but then my brain goes wide and blank
But I am very grateful for the birthday wishes nevertheless
In post 7, Zaphkael wrote:Happy birthday man! Keep being the incredible and immensely creative person you are!
<3
Same goes to you, Zaphkael--I'd really like to play in or be a part of whatever you run next.
In post 8, popsofctown wrote:HB!
Being 28 is not a meaningless milestone, it's the last time in your life that your age will be a perfect number! (exactly equal to the sum of its positive factors, excluding itself)
Say that shit to my face when I'm 496 and made of chrome, pops!
But for real thanks for the love <3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Thu May 16, 2019 3:59 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Aha,
Now I don't feel so terrible for drawing a blank the size of Georgia
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #13 (isolation #4) » Fri May 17, 2019 3:50 am

Post by Varsoon »

<3
You're neither irrelevant or an elephant and I actually really admire how thorough you are in your games as town, even if it makes me hard paranoid.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #15 (isolation #5) » Wed May 22, 2019 1:10 am

Post by Varsoon »

<3
I still appreciate your belated presence, wgeurts! And I'd love to play in another game designed by you, so, uh, that gives you about 28 days to get it into signups please thanks~~~<3

For real though I'm very glad to have met you and I've loved getting to chat with you whenever I have. You're a really brilliant person and I appreciate that you're such a part of this site.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #18 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:17 pm

Post by Varsoon »

<3 to you both
tn, you've been a wonderful friend through thick and thin and I'm grateful that I got to meet you and hang out in person! How wild is that?

Nancy Drew, I love your dedication and wish more players had the same level of passion you have towards games. We haven't always seen eye to eye on things, but I really do feel more excited to play mafia when I see how much you're giving it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #23 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:18 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 21, pisskop wrote:Varsoon! Best of Luck to ya!
<3
I actually really liked working on SirCakez's Thing Mafia with you. Design threads for games tend to be like 1 or 2 pages when I'm in there most the time so the interactions there I think really helped to make the final game as cool as it was.
I'd love to play with you more, even if I dink up and suspect you way too early and you usually get mislynched early too D:
In post 22, Alisae wrote:I hope you enjoyed your birthday dude
I had a fairly chill birthday--my girlfriend brought me a cake!--but this whole last month has been a stressful blur of days and weeks collapsing into each other and I hope I can get some sort of regular routine back into my life and be productive and stuff. I'm on the upswing for sure, but, ugh, all this hit and run stuff has really screwed me over.

Alisae, I really wanna make a game with you so bad you don't even know
I also love love love your games please run one for me when this forever-ban lifts.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #25 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:14 am

Post by Varsoon »

Alibae, you do you
We'll find the time
One day <3
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #27 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:12 pm

Post by Varsoon »

<3
I'd gladly play in another Diamond Shreddies sorta game, just sayin'
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #29 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:04 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Oh, no, that's just a really sad picture I have of some other person's birthday.
I actually collect sad pictures of people's birthdays.
It's the worst hobby.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #30 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:06 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Spoiler: proof of my weird hobby of taking amusement in sort-of-sad birthday pictures
Last edited by Varsoon on Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #31 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:06 pm

Post by Varsoon »

This one probably takes the cake, pun intended.

Spoiler:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #34 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:09 pm

Post by Varsoon »

<3 <3 <3

Return to “General Discussion”