Song Contest 202 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:12 am

Post by Pink Ball »

I’ll post one in like half an hour, sorry for the delay, I actually don’t have anything particular in mind this time
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:27 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Ready!
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:53 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Just voted, and I'm announcing that I just voted to bump this thread since things are getting wild in here.

I'll post tomorrow my scores with an addendum: I was playing Zelda while listening to the songs. Every song that got more than 5 out 10 are the songs that made me stop playing to listen with more detail.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #43 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:15 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Spoiler: A little late to the party
Sweden

Lola Blanc - Real Boy

I got nothing about this one. All I could think the entire time was "sounds like she wants to be perceived as a bad girl but fails doing so". I don't know, I looked her up and she looked exactly like I thought she would look. I know this all seems unrelated about the song, but it actually is. It's a bland song, that's it.
Score: 4 out of 10
Mali

Bartees Strange - Heavy Heart

Better than the previous one, but just because it's a style I dig more. Actually no, that would be unfair: I really liked how the song started and the beat of the drums following the rythm of the voice of the singer was a really nice touch, but overall it didn't have that 'wow' factor that makes me wanna listen the song again or know more about the author/band.
Score: 6 out of 10
Wales

Odette - Mandible

Not bad. Not great either.
Score: 5 out of 10
Kazakhstan

Lil Uzi Vert ft. Bring Me the Horizon - Werewolf

I appreciate the effort of doing a collab that mixes a bunch of music styles that would usually clash with each other. The result is what it is: an emo song remenicing the early 2000s. Is that good or bad? It's not for me, but it's well executed.
Score: 3 out of 10
fSwatini

Beverly Glenn-Copeland - Colour of Anyhow

Well yeah, of course I would love this one. But the flute, oh my. Adding lady Beverly into my list right now. Thank you OP (schadd, if I had to guess?)
Score: 10 out of 10
Hoverboards

Måns Zelmerlöw - Fire in the Rain/Heroes

This was a fun experience but for the wrong reasons, like in an ironic way; I didn't like neither of the songs, but mixed together I liked them even less. The staging was fantastic though!
Score: 3.5 out of 10
Ireland

Lauv - Drugs & The Internet

Not bad! Not great either! (I believe the exclamation points actually make a difference here)
Score: 5.5 out of 10
Earthsea

Yesterday's World - Circulatory System

Solid, beatlesque song. Only problem is that they should've gone for the Beatles route and let the song end before the 3 minute mark instead of over extending it with an instrumental ending. If it wasn't for that, they would've left me wanting more instead of just waiting for it to end.
Score: 8 out of 10
eSwatini

Chloe Adams - Dead to Me

This one made me angry, for real. Stupid ass lyrics, rhyming "to me" with "to me", 3 out of 4 verses in the chorus ending with the same wording, and at the end of the song she actually cut the words out to make it even more evident, was she trying to piss me off on purpose? I don't know, I didn't expect anything and I got even less than that.
Score: 2 out of 10
Denmark

Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Rock'n Roll, Morning Light Falls on You

Fun instruments, but didn't love his voice. The chorus was plain bad with him trying to hit the high notes.
Score: 4.5 out of 10
Peru

Sorry - Perfect

Indie meh
Score: 4 out of 10
Chile

Sam Cooke - Bring It On Home to Me

I'm on a soul phase right now. I picked this one for no particular reason, just felt like y'all need some soul too.
Score: Soul out of 10
North Korea

Sky Eats Airplane - Numbers

You know the saying, "it's not a song contest if there's no shouting".
Score: 2.5 out of 10
Ecuador

Nina Strauss ft. Alisa White-Gluz - The Wolf You Need

Lol. No but actually, loved the guitar solo, for real! And kudos, I didn't know women could sound like that!
Score: 6 out of 10
Scythia

Asja Kadric - Fear Not This Night

Don't know anything about the game, but her voice is astonishing.
Score: 7 out of 10
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #44 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:15 pm

Post by Pink Ball »