Song Contest 207 (Results posted)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:59 pm

Post by Aureal »

/in
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:48 pm

Post by Aureal »

Spoiler: a much more engaging batch than last time

Jorn - The Day the Earth Caught Fire (Sweden)
This is "I want to bounce and sing along even though I don't know the words" energy. Okay, now I'm getting some words, excellent.

Nanowar of Steel - Disco Metal (San Marino)
Oh no. This one has that same "I want to bounce and sing along even though I don't know the words" energy. How can you do this to me, with back to back songs to boot?!

Adrian von Ziegler - Ancient Storm (Bangladesh)
Hard to go wrong with Celtic music.

Farewell Fighter - Golden (Barbados)
The repetitive note during the verses does a lot of work driving the song forward, keeping the pace energetic. I can't understand anything of the final, chaotic verses, but I'm a bit of a sucker for big overblown finales so it works anyhow.

Evan Call - Bullets for My Brothers [Acoustic] (Mount Celeste)
I wasn't sure about this one from the opening, but the bouncy energy won me over.

Eye Alaska - I Knew You'd Never Fly (Tanzania)
Just when I thought it was maybe getting a little too repetitive with the chorus, even though I liked the ethereal tone, it amped up and got me invested again.

Goon - Lyra (Peru)
Nice and pleasant vocals with some interesting instrumentation.

Macross 82-99 ft. Sarah Bonito - Horsey (Antarctica)
The tune is fine but I don't care for the heavy distortion effect on the vocals.

Suck Brick Kid - How the West Was Lost (Orlando)
Engaging instrumentals and pacing but can you please growl the lyrics less so I can possibly understand what your words are? It was mildly amusing at first to envision Kevin singing this, but after a few of the coarser lines came through that lost its luster.

Supertramp - Easy Does It (Chile)
Chill acoustic song. Was surprised when it suddenly ended because it never quite seemed to do all that much.

Soccer Mommy - Circle the Drain (Mali)
Other than the chorus consisting of the title, it's a bit hard to follow the lyrics as they're not articulated too well, and this song isn't packing enough elsewhere to really get my attention enough to really want to sit here trying to pick out lyrics to maybe better appreciate it.

Water From Your Eyes - Barley (Sumer)
Are we counting mountains with sirens? I'm confused.

Big Freedia - Gin in My System (Namibia)
I guess this is technically music. There's something resembling a catchy beat in there somewhere, but it's mostly just overwhelmed by NOISE.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance

Return to “General Discussion”