Polyamory

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by UncertainKitten »

How do you think an imbalanced poly relationship works? I mean, assuming both parties are fine with it? It's part of a power imbalance thing so it's kinda expected that things get a little odd.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:50 pm

ythill wrote: I'm not sure what you mean. What sort of imbalance?
A situation where one side of the relationship is polyamorous and the other monogamous. It's an odd situation but um...my friend feels better devoting herself to the person she loves, whereas the person she loves prefers to keep several girls but...she doesn't mind this at all, and generally doesn't feel too jealous about him and such. Is this sort of thing doomed to eventually fail or can it work out?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:33 pm

Ythill wrote: If it's okay with them I don't see why not. I think the key here is whether the girl in your example is free to do what makes her happy. If she feels like she's allowed to see other people but chooses not to, then I don't see what's wrong with it, except that she'll have to deal with his un-faced fears if and when she changes her mind. If she feels like she's been manipulated into a one-sided situation, then it's not healthy IMO.
Well, she knew from the outset how the situation would be, and it was her choice to accept or not. Considering it ties into a master/servant situation, it kinda makes sense that it's "one sided", but she did understand that before she submitted. What I guess I mean is if the situation is explicitly known that she's not to 'stray' (and doesn't desire to), and is also made aware that her master would play with other girls, and accepts all that, is it liable to stay stable?

Course, there are other components but they don't tie directly into polyamory.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:40 pm

shaft.ed wrote:
UncertainKitten wrote:
Ythill wrote: If it's okay with them I don't see why not. I think the key here is whether the girl in your example is free to do what makes her happy. If she feels like she's allowed to see other people but chooses not to, then I don't see what's wrong with it, except that she'll have to deal with his un-faced fears if and when she changes her mind. If she feels like she's been manipulated into a one-sided situation, then it's not healthy IMO.
Well, she knew from the outset how the situation would be, and it was her choice to accept or not. Considering it ties into a master/servant situation, it kinda makes sense that it's "one sided", but she did understand that before she submitted. What I guess I mean is if the situation is explicitly known that she's not to 'stray' (and doesn't desire to), and is also made aware that her master would play with other girls, and accepts all that, is it liable to stay stable?

Not to be ignorant of the situation, but I thought that was normally how master slave relationships worked?
Probably so. I'm relatively inexperienced. I'm just curious about the stability of said situation. It's probably fine though.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:44 pm

Cobalt wrote:
UncertainKitten wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
UncertainKitten wrote:

Not to be ignorant of the situation, but I thought that was normally how master slave relationships worked?
Probably so. I'm relatively inexperienced. I'm just curious about the stability of said situation. It's probably fine though.
why do you tie everything into your creepy fetishes? you're like Nixon
Why does it matter to you? You're like a christfag

(no offense to people who are Christians. I'm merely referring to the more obnxious among you with that epithet)
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia

Return to “General Discussion”