SCUMCHAT NEEDS YOU!

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:18 am

Post by Oman »

I am just saying, we've been a really nice bunch lately. There hasn't been any hate in a long time.

We're very social, there have even been mafia games!

And if more people join we can get rid of that stupid "scumchat clique" idea that idiots throw around when they don't get their own way.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:37 am

Post by Oman »

I don't see your issue. Please highlight what concerns you.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:59 am

Post by Oman »

If we get enough people we can play Counting!

Vi: The "purge" of Zerofang had nothing to do with scumchat, I don't remember ever discussing it in scumchat. It was people who felt his actions were inexcusable/wrong versus people who thought he was misguided/deserved better, with those who didn't care. This is said with my respect to your view from the outside; There was no discussion on scumchat how to tackle that guy, there wasn't a collective push against him. I made my personal crusade, I let up when he was posting good stuff, and I cracked down when he posted about his younger sister in the way that he did. My actions were not demanded by the "scumchat elite" nor did I demand the support of any such group.

Again, with respect, I am not going to thumb through 40-odd pages of text. Instead I read Rosso's posts, and I can tell you I found them pretty poor myself. I would refer to it as an isolated incident though, and would hope that you think more of me and other people who regularly 'chat than to tar them with that brush. As to whether he is a 'chatter...I don't really know how to answer. It depends on how you define it. Does he pop his head in? Yes. Regularly? No. Is he welcomed with open arms and exclamation marks? No. That said I've spoken with him, but I certainly wouldn't call him a regular. In fact if some sort of scumchat clique or elite did exist, I doubt he'd be counted within it.

This resentment is nothing new, from either side, but I don't think that makes it cool. The "scumchat clique" and "GD Drama" that you're talking about is archaic. This is back from the days when scumchat was made up almost entirely of people who were harsh to many: I'm talking Quagmire, Cubsfan, Shadowluker or whatever Jathan called himself, and at times Shea. Now-a-days you are more likely to see
  • Myself (who, while intolerant of somethings, am often known for making friends with the new guys, and loved ICing so I could meet new people),
  • Izzy (who is glorious to be around when she isn't discussing indy bs),
  • cayke (lovely girl. Crazy, but lovely),
  • Jdodge (grumpy, but often social),
  • Shea (who can be edgy, doesn't tolerate much bullshit, but is good to those that don't step on his toes),
  • CES (smiles),
  • Shanba (Brit, but cool),
  • Prozac (awesome! and often hammered).
Right now we're playing Counting and discussing our levels of inebriation, planning a game of Contact, maybe some Ghost. In the last hour we posted YouTube videos of songs that others need to listen to more, and two weeks ago Cayke and I argued over whether "I am a mad-man with a box" meant Dr Who has a vagina.

I actually am getting distracted by Contact right now. I don't know why you think that everything that happens is somehow discussed, planned, or debriefed in scumchat, but I assure you, so little of what we say is actually MS.net related.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #76 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Oman »

Vi wrote:
Vi wrote:I've read the rest of the posts. I'm glad to see the other side to this.
^^^
I hope you can understand my position a little better and we can move towards acceptance and integration rather than hating indiscriminately.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #120 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Oman »

A comment at the end of PEGBAM was that it was a great example why people shouldn't push past their prime. I don't play well anymore, and I don't like that. My time has been and gone, thus I won't be playing (at least for a while). However to call us elitist and say that scumchatters are putting down the new-school is false.

As Shea pointed out, elitism is far from exclusive to scumchat, and remember that scumchat has picked up new guys as regular chatters.

Regards ICs: I feel dodge is right. In all my time ICing I've always felt like the only players I really impacted were through social means, not through the game (panacea, etc). I very much doubt that newbies will act as their IC does for more than a game or two. If they do, then god help us with the quality of some ICs.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #175 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:06 am

Post by Oman »

I'll start by saying I wish Vi didn't backtrack from "I see your position" to
reducto ad absurdium
. At least not that quickly.... :( <3 Vi, I thought we had this under control.

Code: Select all

[23:17] omanscum: Vi
[23:17] omanscum: dude or chick
[23:17] xcaykex: chick..?
[23:17] blargerer: dude
[23:17] xcaykex: both
[23:17] omanscum: lawl
[23:17] blargerer: its a dude
[23:17] themykonian: dude
[23:17] xcaykex: idk
[23:17] blargerer: no

Ojanen wrote:I'm not someone who would become a part of an AIM group. I'm not even a contributor in GD.
People who know me in-game might know I'm if anything slightly biased to peace building.

Thanks for acknowledging that you're not really savvy on the whole situation. However, mate, I'd really prefer it if you apply this acknowledgment into your decision making.

O-weejy board wrote:That being said, whenever I read GD and see unprovoked attacks by scumchatters on Haylen due to something that happened years ago, or the whole ZeroFang purge (which was not exclusively SC but shared a large base), or similar less common/older targets. They genuinely piss me off.
This is where you kind of show that you don't know the whole story. I'm sure your view is correct from where you stand, but you can't walk into the last ten seconds of that fight that starts Con Air and say "OMG NICK CAGE IS MURDERING DUDES!!!!"
OJ wrote: The combination of a mob to a comment that had nothing to do with what the grudge is about. The open motivation of driving away from the site out-of-game someone minding at that time their own business.
I'm not being particularly productive, but I guess Vi's posts hit home with me.
You're welcome to associate your own feelings to Vi's post, so please don't let this take that away, but even Vi has said herself that she's glad to see another side of this. If you're aligning yourself with Vi, or at least agreeing with her, then I ask that you to go the whole hog and see things from a new perspective. My greatest compliment to Vi is that he can accept a new point of view without being a douche.

What is being said here though:
Izzy, M'dear wrote:Haylen is never attacked unprovoked.
IMO is not about whether haylen posts in a thread, or whether Haylen directly comments to someone, it's about the fact that she abused the trust we put in each other and put forward something which we don't usually have at this community.

Mafiascum.net is incredibly open, we have one instance of censorship over the history of the site (two if you count Brutal Assassin). We have very few bans, and usually for game related issues (with GD bans being a small period of "time out"). I don't even agree with our little censorship, but the point is that, compared to other web communities of the same age, we treat each other with an enormous amount of respect. Haylen bypassed that, lied to us, and then played her cards poorly after that. This split the community into three camps: 1. Those who give no fuck, 2. Those who bought it and felt pity, and 3. Those who thought she was just caught out and attention whored from there (I make no apologies for oversimplifying here, there are probably as many "camps" as there are people on MS.net). My point is that those from the latter camp felt betrayed, something which doesn't happen often on this site. I'm going to over-emphasise the next point because I think it is the baseline for the Haylen situation:

We play a game on the Internet using the honour system
and most of the time,
it works!

This is a huge feather in the cap of MS, that we have such an open and honest community. There are so little IP bans for games, in terms of game bans- every (short of Alasduh) ban in the "New Ban announcement" thread is for someone who was banned before for a short period and then came back and fucked around more, with the last 4 or so being "alt of banned user". The last new person to banned from games was almost a year ago. A YEAR. We are a very open, anyone can join, honourable community. For the last YEAR people have respected that. A YEAR!

Ojanen, brosef, I need you to understand the pride I feel at being a member of this community. We are a fucking phenomenal community, and part of it is because we form such strong bonds, and part of it is because we pride our truthfulness, honour, and victory. If we start letting people fuck with that, where does that leave us.

/b/, that's where, and fuck that.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #213 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by Oman »

haylen wrote: stuff
No, that's not how I feel. Again, you prove that you're out of touch. I'll retype my drunken response in an hour or two once I'm calm.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #216 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by Oman »

Haylen wrote:So tell me how that relates to 'breaking the mafia honor system'
You lied to us. As a community. As a whole.
Haylen wrote:What? I've never lied to a list mod.

And I'm loving how the mobs gathering.
Not that I give a shit about "list mods" but you lied to everyone. And fuck the "I'm a delicate princess beset by a mob" mentality.

I couldn't give a shit about Zazie/KMD thing beyond the initial "Crying Game" joke of it all. I never really blamed Zaz, p. sure I was on hiatus at the time, maybe not, but I doubt it would've made my front page. I couldn't give a shit about you cheating in games, so this whole "report me to mith" thing is defunct, and I'm sick of seeing it. You always say "REPORT IT TO MITH THEN!" and you expect us to treat you like an adult? I couldn't give a shit about BM/Jordan friendship: Jordan and I talked humour some times, BM and I played games together, always socially. BM never pissed me off, the only thing I have against Jordan is the offensive way he defended you when he got his PM ban. I was really annoyed with his actions there. The reason I can stand you, is that you betrayed my trust, and since then you've never redeemed yourself. You don't even understand the culture that you're offending, you can't get your head around the idea that people don't have time for your lies and attention whoring. If you can't understand what makes this community tick, then you can't ever support those values (except by accident). Make up any bullshit that you want about who I don't like or what I said, but at the end of the day it all ends up in the same pile.

At the end of the day it's half first fuckup, half initial reactions. So quit putting words in my mouth because it certainly doesn't endear you to me, or prove that you have any idea what's going on.

To call MS intolerant is laughable, and to identify with people like CJmiller and (I can only assume) WackaAlpaca is nothing to be proud of. We, as a unit, and as indivudals are the more tolerant than nearly any other community online. We balance achieving our end goal against allowing everyone to join VERY well.

You've said several times that you "Can't be part of our community" but you always come back. I agree, I don't think that you can be a part of it, but by God you want to be. You want nothing more. I honestly don't care either way, personally, but stop acting like you have an aversion to us when you keep crawling back and clawing for attention, like some sickly neighborhood cat that nobody wants to take responsibility for.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #224 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:11 pm

Post by Oman »

This thread is now about love:

Scumchat is the umbrella that I carry. Vi is the other person.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #229 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:56 am

Post by Oman »

Thestatusquo wrote:I don't know if you're adorable or creepy, oman, but you break my heart.

<3
Daaaaaaaaw!

Mr. Flay wrote:I'm going with adorable, at least today.
Aaaaaaaaw!

You guys are the best.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #238 (isolation #10) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:29 am

Post by Oman »

Thestatusquo wrote:
And TSQ, have a nice day as well.
Indeed. I think it's high time that as posters on this site we realize that we can have disagreements without hating one another. I'm trying to do my part. Vi and I had, what I think was, a conversation that helped us understand one another much better. That is productive dialogue, even if we end up still disagreeing. I'm glad you're willing to join me half way.

Since sarcasm is so hard to track over the internet, I'd like to state here that absolutely none of what I just said was intended to be read sarcastically. Of course, this statement could be read as sarcastic too, I suppose, now that I think of it. Fuck the internet, I'm being sincere.

This is way too often underestimated. Ythill and I disagree, often violently, but we still love each other's company. :)

WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #253 (isolation #11) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:30 am

Post by Oman »

Without scumchat so many people's signatures would not make sense. The huge amount of personnel with my AIM-adventures in their sigs is creepy.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #256 (isolation #12) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:25 pm

Post by Oman »

Unfortunately mine aren't usually misinterpretation or innuendo. They're usually me screaming about people stealing my vagina or my weekend events. Too many are when I'm drunk and lamenting a story of the night.

More people should be in scumchat during my early morning return home.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #268 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Oman »

Flameaxe wrote:Literally (clue)
Contact!
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #279 (isolation #14) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:10 am

Post by Oman »

Haylen wrote:http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... &start=625

Read from here onwards. Proof that what you're going into is a shitty cult revolving around TSQ with JDodge as his lacky.
Attention whore.

TSQ didn't lead anything, Jdodge didn't lead anything. Someone pointed out your inappropriate shittiness and we all reacted as we saw fit.

Shea's comment to me was not "hey man, lets plan this and then do it. OMG you're a champ!" It was "Dude, your post is so funny and truthful I want your penis in my arse."

The overwhelming amount of positivity towards scumchat from newbies and even Neruz was welcome and we discussed with him and it was all kosher. Having your newbie party spoiled should not lead you to get in here and blame it on scumchat. Other people were into it first, including Mr. Flay. (Actually Mr. Flay is a secret sleeper agent left embedded in the wider community to be activated later. Sometimes the training slips out early, right?)
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #292 (isolation #15) » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by Oman »

Squirrels!
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #295 (isolation #16) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:22 am

Post by Oman »

Plush baneling is supercute.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #331 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:25 pm

Post by Oman »

Trillian wont let me in scumchat.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #348 (isolation #18) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:05 pm

Post by Oman »

You mean like...months ago? Good to see it didn't play on your mind.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #391 (isolation #19) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by Oman »

Hoopla says she feels that she is presenting an honest representation of scumchat to newbies that "Need to Know". Like the Wikileaks of MS.

Hoopla is actually just a massive troll laughing from the wings (like...the wikileaks of MS, I guess).
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #414 (isolation #20) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:51 am

Post by Oman »

Don't we all...
Oman