What kind of guys does Saber like?

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Raamawen
Raamawen
Townie
Raamawen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Sun May 26, 2002 10:34 am

Post by Raamawen »

SaberKitty wrote:
(oh, and the SaberKitty/Serial Killer thing is less annoying because they are both nouns- when i anticipate a verb and get a noun it's much worse)

*language geek hat ON*
Actually, I'd think it'd be worse when you anticipate a noun and get another noun. When it's noun vs. verb, the syntactical context can disambiguate them, while telling two identical nouns apart will often require a close inspection of the sentence and its subject matter.
*language geek hat OFF*
[size=84]'minut on murhattu, hakattu paloiksi, heitetty seinille, naurettu pois' --CMX, [i]Helvetin hyvä paimen[/i][/size]
Raamawen
Raamawen
Townie
Raamawen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Sun May 26, 2002 5:05 pm

Post by Raamawen »

Sketchwick wrote:Raamawen, I agree, but being a language geek doesn't tend to disambiguate things with a 16 year old girl.

Um...eh? What, pray tell, are you on about? My post was an off-topic interlude regarding whether confusion between "IS" for Internet Stranger and "IS" the capitalized verb is or isn't worse than that between "SK" for SaberKitty and "SK" for serial killer. It had NOTHING, do you read, NOTHING to do with the topic of this thread. Nngh.
[size=84]'minut on murhattu, hakattu paloiksi, heitetty seinille, naurettu pois' --CMX, [i]Helvetin hyvä paimen[/i][/size]
Raamawen
Raamawen
Townie
Raamawen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Sun May 26, 2002 5:22 pm

Post by Raamawen »

I get it now. And I shouldn't have been quite so snarky. Sorry!

(And for the record, at 18, I'm not much older than Saberkitty. Though I'm sure she and I are quite different people.)

Return to “General Discussion”