RISE OF THE UNICORN BRETHREN

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1089 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am unlikly to follow this thread well as its a bit long atm. I will be getting Halo reach in about 4-5 weeks as a part of my subscription renewal deal. Someone pm me or post times you usually play and when I get the game i'll start joining you.

gamertag = el matador1584
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1522 (isolation #1) » Sun May 15, 2011 11:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well I got my live subscription with free halo reach copy on Mar 11. They said it would take 8-10 weeks for the game to reach me. They weren't kidding. Finally got it today. Might be awhile before I get to playing it though since I am addicted to portal but nonetheless I do have the game now so feel free to PM me if you guys want to play or party invite me should you just see me on.

Gamertag = El Matador1584
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1524 (isolation #2) » Sun May 15, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by PokerFace »

deal came from microsoft directly. I had silver subscription and there was an add on my dashboard that said 50 buck gold subscription and free game back around march 11 IIRC. Free game was a choice between 4 options. Halo Reach, Kinectimals, Fable 2, and some Kinect family party game (Name escapes me). Free game is a free game and since I didn't play Fable 1 and don't have kinect, my choice was kinda made for me
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1526 (isolation #3) » Sun May 15, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Well I'll take your word for it. I can't remember if it was Fable 2 or 3 but it wasn't the first fable and I never played that one and since my older bro and I loved playing halo when we lived together and now we each live on our own and he wants more peeps to play with I figured free game with price of regular subscription sounds good. It all sounded good until i got to the 8-10 weeks part which was after the agree to be charged part. Yay I didn't like the wait but hell free game is free game and it was same as regular price subscription and I was gonna get live again eventually (I <3 MvC3) so yay things still went well
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1642 (isolation #4) » Sun May 29, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by PokerFace »

So me, Jahudo, and Fritzler
walk into a bar
played Halo reach last night and it was fun

Jahudo sounds way deeper than I expected. Fritzler sounded way I expected him too
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue May 31, 2011 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1657 (isolation #5) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

What time you guys playing? I don't work tomorrow so I can play tonight
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1688 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by PokerFace »

LlamaFluff wrote:Was playing with PF for a little today until my connection decided to spontaniously die on me (although just team slayer next time, not good at BTS)

Ahh I was wondering what happened when you disappeared without saying goodbye.

Yay I am better at objective combat than killing combat. Back when the first Unreal Tournament was popular on the PC 1999-2003 I was in an Assault game type clan that won the East USA Championship. Back then game tournaments weren't popular so our prize was some shitty gift cards. The assault game type was not continued into Unreal Tournament 2003 and by the time it got patched into the 2004 edition our clan had disbaned due to leadership disputes

In general I am a smart player that keeps track of important objectives first
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1689 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Fritzler wrote:Jahudo and I are playing, someone else should join.

I played with you guys some too after i packed my stuff for my trip yesterday.

I won't have any net access tomorrow or saturday and will be limited again on sunday and monday
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1704 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

I went to the wiki and printed up who all is in unicorns. I plan to send all members not currently on my friends list friend requests so I can play with you guys whenever. So if you get a friend request from an El Matador, that is me. Also I tried to update the unicorn wiki with my tag MCEN but it did not work for some reason. Also what does FNG mean?

My old Unreal Clan was named TBW then ICP then COD (Yay various leadership issues kept our name changing)
TBW = The Bong/Brutal Wariors (Leader was drugie)
ICP = Leader was big ICP fan
COD = Clowns of Darkness
(Only name that was agreed upon and satisfied those that wanted to lead. I didn't give a shit who led as long as we won and we did until 2003 came with no assault and disputes on which game type to now master broke clan apart beyond repair. Clan split and did not do well in either type selected)
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1707 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

All but skyllus zYn and Trash Hammer have been sent Friend Requests. They are full apparently.
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1740 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

These are only online games I have at the moment for X-box 360:
Halo Reach
Hard Corps Uprising
X-men Arcade
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1743 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

What time will everyone be on tonight?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1749 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Fritzler wrote:
PokerFace wrote:X-men Ultimate Alliance

Is this Marvel: Ultimate Alliance? If so, I will totally play with you. I have been wanting to play it more.

Yes I meant to say that

<<goes back to edit things

I didn't get a chance to play today due to some chores I had to do after work. There needs to be an earlier east coast scene on wednesdays as I can't stay up for the west coast scene

Night everybody
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1784 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yes much fun

Should be noted that I apparently can't drive a mongoose while drunk
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1788 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

Fritzler wrote:No, we drove to go pick up a flag, and PokerFace stopped the mongoose. I jumped out to pick up the flag, and PokerFace went forward like 30 feet. I tried to run back in order to get in the vehicle, but we both got gunned down, while I tried to cross the now insurmountable gap. He tried to say he lagged and then went forward, but then he apologized like 2 minutes later.

I was drunk. We were 10 ft behind the flag when you got off the bike. It sounded like a perfectly good idea to try to pull up directly infront of you so that when you grabbed the flag you could move 1 foot and be on the mongoose. In the process of driving there "I thought" it lagged and or it may have just been the guy with a mobile turret showing up and shooting at both of us, and that totally threw off my possition. Thus when you grabbed the flag you had much further than I planned for you to run

I made the decision to move the mongoose and apparently it was a bad idea as shit hit the fan so yes i apoligize for moving the mongoose
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1875 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

Taking a little poll to figure out when its best to play with people

EST (GMT-5)CEN (GMT-6)MNT (GMT-7)PST (GMT-8)
PokerFaceFritzler
Rhinox
Jahudo

Quote and update with which Time Zone you are in when you get time
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1923 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

HamboBlank wrote:That sh*ts intense! I am glad to see our ranks riddled with eye problems *sarcasm*

I have worked on computers for a good chunk of my life. I have 20/20 vision and always have had it. However my night vision SUCKS! Seriously I hate driving at night as a result. Thank goodness for reach's night vision feature
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1983 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

was it just me or was this weeks weekly challenge way easy?

also I noticed a wierd glitch in halo today. My character has a knife on his chest with my armor. However when i play campaign and watch any cinematic level video, the knife and its case are gone. I aparently have an invisible knife in every video. As a result of noticing this in every video I am startin to wonder if it is always invisible in campaign with my chest armor. I played fire fight and died and it was on my armor there so glitch not every where. Next time I am playing reach with someone in campaign mode they need to look at me and tell me if the knife is normally there. That or I have to kill myself in campaign and have my corpse land the right way so I can see if its there

I'll add the armor name when I get the chance her so you guys can see said glitch should you want to
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1992 (isolation #18) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

I will be on halo after work today if you want to play fritz. (6pm - 10pm EST = 3pm - 7pm PST)

Also I have been working with alot of crazy game types and maps in forge as of late should we want crazy fun. Some ideas include:
Halo chess
Halo Pinball
Halo Skeeball
Halo Soccer
Basketball = plamas and basketball assault arena
Grifbasketball = grifball in basketball arena
Jump ball = grifball low grav
Jet ball = grifball jetpacks
grifball evolved = grifball with evade
grifball advanced = grifball unlimited powerups
Freeze tag = plasma weapons, juggernaut, as you die your respawn time grows
smear the queer = kill the pink speedy guy with low health and the oddball
hide and seek = you die you out, last human alive looses camo but can now kill seeker
hide and seek pro = you die you become a seeker, last human alive looses camo but gains massive other powers to fight all seekers

I am also working on an interesting dodge ball, red rover, ball hog variants and boarding action map remake

note I did not make all of these. Only made some and edited others
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1996 (isolation #19) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

not sure how we could play horse in any of those unless you mean see who wins what game. first to get 5 wins it all

I will likly be in the middle of editing some of the type and maps that I am still working on when you guys get on tonight. Just join my party or send me an invite and I will gladly stop my editing to play with you guys

Should anyone want to play test anything I mentioned earlier with me, just let me know. We can even try these crazy games as a cool fritz send off should he want to play any of them.

Good luck when you are on tour fritz
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2000 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

I know what achievement horse is. Red vs Blue Jack vs Geoff shenanigans. Thing is I am not sure how that can be applied to my stuff which I thought was being suggested.

So its next wednesday when fritz will be getting his send off, fine with me, I will still be playing tonight and anyone wanting to see crazy maps and games can join me
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2006 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by PokerFace »

me (when I wasn't lagging), ant, jahudo, rhinox and yung (from my friends list) killed some bitches
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2007 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:I will be on halo after work today if you want to play fritz. (6pm - 10pm EST = 3pm - 7pm PST)

Also I have been working with alot of crazy game types and maps in forge as of late should we want crazy fun. Some ideas include:
Halo chess
Halo Pinball
Halo Skeeball
Halo Soccer
Basketball = plamas and basketball assault arena
Grifbasketball = grifball in basketball arena
Jump ball = grifball low grav
Jet ball = grifball jetpacks
grifball evolved = grifball with evade
grifball advanced = grifball unlimited powerups
Freeze tag = plasma weapons, juggernaut, as you die your respawn time grows
smear the queer = kill the pink speedy guy with low health and the oddball
hide and seek = you die you out, last human alive looses camo but can now kill seeker
hide and seek pro = you die you become a seeker, last human alive looses camo but gains massive other powers to fight all seekers

I am also working on an interesting dodge ball, red rover, ball hog variants and boarding action map remake

all maps and ideas complete. also predator like head hunter game type made. You cloaked and you want the skulls

if anyone want me to put one of these on my file share just let me know which one
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2010 (isolation #23) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:34 pm

Post by PokerFace »

ReaperCharlie wrote:Dang, you're a freakin' mapmaking machine PF!

Did you know there's a working Halo Skee Ball map? Like, with a ball return and a scoreboard and everything? It's freakin INSANE.

The gametypes like freezetag, dodgeball, smeer the queer, etc are more so my handy work than the maps
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2012 (isolation #24) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

Here this will sumarize it all for you

My idea or my own version of classic game without looking at someone else's downloadable halo version:

Basket ball gametype
Jump ball gametype
Freeze tag
smeer the queer
hide and seek
hide and seek pro
cops and robbers
Dodgeball
Red Rover
Ball Hog
Predator

I edited or based on another download:

Jump ball map
Jetball
grifball advanced
BasketBall map
Chess Board
Minotaur
pinball map
Halo Pinball
Board Action

Not Mine at all:

Halo chess
Halo Skeeball
Halo Soccer
grifball
Grifball evolved
Dinoblasters
Hot Potato
Soccer map
skeeball map
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2032 (isolation #25) » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yes me and jahudo have been playing alot lately with randoms and other people from my friends list. And it has been fun. Jahudo doesn't talk much to anyone. He is a total lurker :)

BTW I put something real nice on my file share :twisted:
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2034 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

I shall be there aswell and hopefully we can play some of the stuff I made

To those not in the know I made a special mafiascum gametype in forge

Thats the thing I hinted was on my file share :twisted:
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2038 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

ReaperCharlie wrote:WHAT IS IT WHAT IS IT

I WANNA PLAY MAFIA INSIDE HALO

LETS DO IT

There are still some tweaks I will give to it tonight so expect a new version but basically I plan the final copy to look like this:

Infection game type called Mafia Scum

3 alpha zombies (represents mafia)

Get Hammers (For voting of course)
Get Magnums
No shields
imune to headshots
WAYPOINT AND NAME SEEN BY ALLIES (scum knows who each other are)
NO OTHER APPEARANCE CHANGES
Normal Radar 75 meters
Mafia Round Victory gets 1 points

Infected players (Those lynched, they got taken over by the scum)

Get Random other gun (Random Role)
No shields
imune to headshots
WAYPOINT AND NAME SEEN BY ALLIES (scum knows who each other are)
NO OTHER APPEARANCE CHANGES
Normal Radar 25 meters
Mafia Round Victory gets 1 points

X other players (Town)

No shields
imune to nothing
NO APPEARANCE CHANGES
Allies only on radar X Meters (Hmm that guy is not on my radar... he is scum!)
Survivor or Town victory gets x points (Still deciding on this since I can't remember if there is only a survivor victory setting or points for surviving setting. I lean toward X = 2)

Last Human Standing (SK)

No shields
imune to assassinations (slight kill immunity)
Gets limited camo equipment (slight investigation immunity)
Enhanced Radar 150 meters (The world is against you so you see everyone)
NO APPEARANCE CHANGES (Though since you are last person everyone else is scum so you will be only one without a waypoint and name on their head)
Surviving as last man AKA SK wins victory gets x points (Still deciding on this since I can't remember if there is only a survivor victory setting or points for surviving setting. May have to give him extra points for each kill he makes. I lean toward X = 2 and 2 points for his kills too)

You loose points for betrayals so senslessly killing everyone just to become the SK may not be a good idea, depends on if your victory and kills points will be enough to cancel it out. I don't think 2 for kills and 2 to survive will be too much for an SK. Feel free to comment

3 rounds. No weapons or ammo or vehicles or equipment or powerups on map. MOST POINTS WINS GAME

2 lives only (Starting scum gets 2 lives as there powerup. If you start as town and then are lynched then your spot is taken over by scum)

Feel free to criticize so that I can make it better
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:26 am, edited 6 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2042 (isolation #28) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yes currently there is a cult aspect to the game. It was the best way I could think of mafia taking over town. Should one want to due away with cult aspect they can just give everyone 1 life and thus no one will be infected, (you die as human and you won't come back as zombie the 3 alphas that are randomly picked will have to do all the work.)

I may make a Mountainous Version where everyone has 1 life and there is no random second gun for that aspect should someone hate cults to death

Perhaps mountainous one should be called Mafia Scum and non mountainous should be called Mafia Cult since mafia is recruiting to take over... Hmm sounds like a good idea to me. I will do just that

The values for the X's are things I would like criticism for the most.

BTW I hear there are supposedly ways to incrase your file share slot size. Something you need to subscribed too but I am not sure what. What do I need to subscribe to? Does it cost money?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2044 (isolation #29) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

Mountainous = get rid of random second weapon

Mafia Scum = Mafia only (1 life for all no last man standing)

Mafia SK = Mafia and SK (1 life and there is a last man standing)

Mafia Cult = Mafia only in game and it can cult (2 lifes for all no last man standing)

Mafia Cult SK = Mafia in game and it can cult, SK there too (2 life and there is a last man standing)

I will likly make them all since I have lots of space on my Xbox, but perhaps I will only put the basic version on my file share. That way whoever is party lead can be the mod and make the listed changes here in the game options before starting the game. Hmm mod with closed setup...)

Criticize X values before tomorrow please!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2051 (isolation #30) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

I believe there is a 10 meter radar setting I can give town. real low and not too helpful in my book

mountainous would be radar off

you could diferentiate kill and recruit by giving recruits or all players a certain color but i feel true mafia wouldn't have any easily seen appearance issues.

Alphas due have magnums so someone who was town and got a magnum at random would be like a miller.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2052 (isolation #31) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

sorry can only give all players same number of lives. can't give some people 2 and some people 1
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2055 (isolation #32) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

without radar there is no way town can tell who is scum and who is not. no appearance changes can be seen via town so unless they shoot at you or you see their magnums you got nothing. You get reads in normal mafia yes? well thats why I figure they should get some radar in order to get reads
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2067 (isolation #33) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well charlie you won't be playing tonight so if you want mountainous you can download the basic and changed it and play that at your own time. Basic is up on my file share for all that want it

I got all versions made

X for surviving without getting zombied = 2

X for kills as SK = 2

SK is harder than being town so getting surviving and kills points should be warranted

X for town radar = 10 meters

In theory one could run arround killing everyone as town and shout out who counts as betrayals and who counts as kills, that would work as an effective investigation method except for betrayals causing you to loose points so you could fight like that but loose the game via points.

betrayals = -1 point

I think these points and X's are valid. If we play a game we should get a good test overall. I'd like to play it at least once during tonight and that should be sufficient testing since the game is 3 rounds

Also Waypoint for scum is seen by allies. So all mafia sees each other as they should.
All other players have No Waypoint (SK) or unchanged (town)
Names are listed as unchanged for all players so you will see someone's name only if you normally do
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2068 (isolation #34) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

I got some mafia games to play tonight and then after that I will be on halo. roughly 8pm EST I would wager
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2071 (isolation #35) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

Actually I think playing the game of choice twice would be best

Basically we pick 1 of the valid game types
Mafia Cult (Mafia of 3 that can cult, 10m town radar, 2 lives)
Mafia Cult 1A (1 alpha that can cult and there is an SK, random role, 10m town radar, 2 lives)
Mafia Cult SK (3 mafia that can cult and there is an SK, random roles, 10m town radar, 2 lives)
Mafia Scum (3 mafia, random roles, 10m town radar, 1 lives)
Mafia Scum MT (3 mafia, mountainous, 1 lives)
Mafia Scum SK (3 mafia and there is an SK, random roles, 10m town radar, 1 lives)

and run 3 rounds with me as party lead and this

Test case 1 fair point test

Mafia Victory = 1
Kills as Scum = 1
kills as Town = 1
Kills as SK = 2
Surviving as SK or Town 2
Betrayals = -1
suicides = -1

^Looks like fair logical values

Test case 2 mafia like point test

Mafia Victory = 2
Kills as Scum = 1
kills as Town = 2
Kills as SK = 5
Surviving as SK or Town 2
Betrayals = -2
suicides = -1

^You killed a townie and then you killed a scum. net 0 in rating of is that person scum

^You bussed a scum buddy. That usually hurts your side if you can't make a good future come back

^A mafia and a town victory should have same values. And SK victory should be more thus killing as him is worth more

^Killing scum at the expense of yourself helps. you get a net of 1 point

ATM suicide makes you a zombie as default. Though I am not sure if suiciding should force zombieing. Consider the idea of stumping or not stumping though suiciding is not always possible because you would have to shoot yourself with a sniper ricochet or explosives.
You guys think suicide should force zombification (mafiacation) or not?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2073 (isolation #36) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

ATM dying of any kind in
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum MT
Mafia Scum SK
means you are dead

I lean toward not force zombie in
Mafia Cult
Mafia Cult SK

I lean toward suicide forces zombie in
Mafia Cult 1A
since there is only one recruiter and they need help and since you can play to be recruited in some cult games
I will likly get rid of radar and give recruiter a DMR in MC1A since 1 recruiter will need help
DMR > magnum and no radars to town should help them enough
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2075 (isolation #37) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

I will make wikis after games are tested and we have final products
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2085 (isolation #38) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

I was on 8:30 to 10:30 last night and it was awesome. didn't test mafia game setups but had alot of fun with fritz, kscope, ant, jahudo, and reaper kilo. A guy from my brothers clan also joined us
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2088 (isolation #39) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:34 am

Post by PokerFace »

The mafia scum setup didn't get run since we didn't have alot of people on at once. Maybe if alot get on another time it will be run with fewer alphas (mafias) at the start. Whoever is mod (likly gonna be me) will have to change number of alphas based on who all is on. Also I had to work this morning so perhaps a weekend day that many can get on would work well as a test.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2098 (isolation #40) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay I prefer random fun over kill to death ratio.

Holding back sounds like you are waiting and planning to have fun. You have to plan to have fun?

How about you cut out the wait and plan and just do! Random shenanigans ftw
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2099 (isolation #41) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

Gametypes improved and wikis made
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2100 (isolation #42) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

BTW to those that don't understand the idea of mafia in Halo here is the basic

"Mafia is informed minority vs uninformed majority. The infection gametype random selects players to start as zombies or mafia in this scenario. Everyone not mafia is town. Zombies or Mafia are a minority and informed about each other via the waypoint features only they can see. Hammers are like votes and Mafia can lynch you or shoot you thanks to their magnums. Every player having 1 life makes it work even more like normal mafia. Town must eliminate scum and vice versa. The Town's radars of 10 meters and the color of their weapon's crosshairs are the only things they can trust. Use them well."
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2101 (isolation #43) » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:48 am

Post by PokerFace »

That would be the rundown of the mountainous mafiascum halo gametype. Others further expand on it but as long as we got informed minority vs uninformed majority its mafia. I suppose you could add the concept of safe havens for night and day but since who is and who is not in them would give away who is mafia I ain't doing that.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2124 (isolation #44) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't have any clips other than when me and a friend killed the cloaked elite in the begining of the first level on legendary and I teabagged him since worked so hard for it. That vid is not currently on my file share

Did the same thing when I got the most satisfying assassination ever, Which was when I got the "If you came to hear me beg achievement". I didn't take a video of that though. I helped Ant get the achievement and told him how to do it. It is kinda difficult to get since the sprint feature can muck it all up. Anyone else that needs help getting it can ask me for advice on it if they want

For the remainder of this month I recently changed my spartan armor and emblem in support of america. Yes I made my spartan looklike Captain America. Don't know if I will stay like that after this month.

I will be unable to play halo tonight as there are some mafia games I really need to catch up in
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2134 (isolation #45) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I may upload it to my fileshare again if I need to and you really want it but for now I think i'd rather try to find and or be in a rather impressive game and get a clip of that more than anything else

If you want cloaked elite kill let me know otherwise I find and make something cooler

I will do some work on more custom game ideas on this weekend. These ideas will be the last ones in my head. After making these games I'll post all things i made in a list hear and people can ask me to load gametypes and maps to my fielshare so that others can get the stuff as they want it. My fileshare size is only 6 though so keep in mind I might not be able to give everyone what they want all at once
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2164 (isolation #46) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

Last night we had a party of 7 unicorns and had fun

Mafiascum game was tested last night. Eupa got most points overall and was mafia in all 3 rounds. he was only player to be mafia all 3 rounds so mafia does of current point advantage so I will likly switch to second point scale next time the game is played.

Eupa was mafia and only surviving mafia in round 1.

In round 2 me and stef were town and her and eupa killed each other at the same time at the end which left me as the only player alive. As they died at same time I didn't get any SK stats like a better radar range so round 2 was a town victory

In round 3 Stef killed Eupa in End Game, Stef won as last human alive so she was SK

So it looks like player stats are balanced given each faction won once. With the point editing the games should be 100% complete

We also played tons of other games in matching. Also thanks to us all playing I learned there is a glitch in the juggernaut game type. In making the freezetag game type which used default juggernaut game type I chose to give the freezer Sword and Plasma Pistol and no overshield. However whenever someone got juggernaut they had a hammer and their feet were lit on fire like they had overshield. I didn't put those settings in there but they were always there and this morning I looked at all setting, its indeed a halo bug and not my doing. Bungie messed up there so I can't get all the old freezetag features to fit in reach
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2166 (isolation #47) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:48 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yes that was fun. 3 NZ (Eupa, Fruit, Hambo) defeated Me, Ant, Fuben, stef

I also like how we had the free for all slayer game and I won

And how we dropped into matching making and got a swat game where me, fuben, and stef (and a random who quit 1 second into the game) fought, Hambo, Eupa, Ant and Fruitloops. In that game I got a killtacular netting me jorge's avatar helmet and the medal you get when you kill everyone on the oposing team all at once. Not sure who I killed twice in that short amount of time but someone respawned and gave me the 5th killed for the tacular and the avy helmet

Also special note the radars and gun crosshairs which were only accurate way to tell who was scum in the mafia games, did not help much at all. Seriously! There was much team killing and in round 1 alot of people kinda met together and tried to figure out who was what with them while eupa was above us off everyone's radar and whoever was scum with eupa was in the circle of other players. I counted people and couldn't tell who was the one off radar and then out of no where a killing spree began. Eupa and whoever else was scum opened fire and there was much team killing trying to figure out who was doing the killing. I still don't know who was scum with eupa that round
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2168 (isolation #48) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

Actually Fix what I said. We played default mafiascum setup so there were no SK powerups to get. That is why I didn't get them and stef must not have got them either round 3 and whoever was last human day 1didn't get any powerups either

So mafia took round one and town took rounds 2 and 3

It is odd that mafia can be beat by one townie like what happened in game 3 but its best balancing that can be done and still alot of fun
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2169 (isolation #49) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

Also a few nights ago i met 3 guys randomly in grifball that all used unicorn icon and they thought unicorns and idea of a unicorn clan was cool. I have one of them on my friends list now so i still have contact to them and can recruit the 3 of them if you guys want me to try to
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2170 (isolation #50) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

I seriously want to know who was scum with eupa round 1. I know fruit was scum with eupa in round 2 because I killed fruit. And I know hambo was scum with eupa in round 3 because hambo killed me. But who was scum with eupa in round 1?

Next game Eupa needs policy lynched for obvious reasons
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2236 (isolation #51) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

Gentlemen its a good day

I have finished all I wanted to do with forge maps and downloadable game types

85 gametypes Downloaded, created or edited. Mostly downloaded from bungie
26 maps downloaded, created or edited. Most downloaded
1 screenshot of Capt America (Can someone tell me how I can save this to my file share?)
1 film where I saw a White Elite stickie the back of a hunters head and the hunter died as a result

Anyone know how I can send that to fails of the weak. I am gonna try to get it there

I tried to find my vid of a grunt sticking a skirmishers face and the skirmisher runs into the grunt and they both die. But I couldn't find it in my temp history :(. The elite sticking the hunter is in my file share currently along with 1 chess map, the chess game type, and the current updated version of the mafia scum game type

I'll try to get a vid of Me/Capt America doing so fine killing for you to put on the unicorns site when I can
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2237 (isolation #52) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

DonJosh wrote:Dammit you already have a gametype designer :(

ReaperCharlie wrote:MAKE YOUR OWN.

THERE CAN BE TWO.

PokerFace isn't a twit, he's not gonna get butthurt.

You guys don't need to compete, just make different stuff!

<33333

Yes what Charlie said. I am fine with there being two designers or if you want to collaborate on anything be sure to hit me up
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2238 (isolation #53) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

XAntoftheSkyX wrote:Highlights from a few nights ago:

Fuben: What? Are you SCARED of the Unicorns?

Everyone else chimes in about how we don't bite.

Fuben: Yeah, we just like to poke you with our horns... to make sure you're awake...

Ant: Hey Stef, I'll stick you for that achievement if you'll stick me... :D

Stef: That sounded... creepy.

Also, to try to coerce Rainbow to come and play with us we did this:

Yay I probably talk to much but this time it was necessary for me to explain the game type rules. I was Captain Canada here.

BTW Hambo, you said you wanted vids of all members to go onto unicorns site? Well I found my favorite vid of myself. Its on my file share now. 13 Skull Legendary Speed Run of Night Fall. No Deaths. No Shots Fired (Fucking Blind Skull!). Run Forest Run! Glitchin the American Way!

Jun: Here take these. High velocity armor piercing. You'll take the hat off a elite at 100 yards. And they ain't cheap

Me: Don't worry you'll get them back

Jun: ...That's no strike force its an invading army! If we are going to smother this thing we got to go in hard and fast!

Ant: That's what she said!

The speed run is 3mb and I left the begining and oepning videos in the recording so its 7 minutes long. However me actually running through it its 4:41. I could have done it faster if I got gate glitch on first try instead of 3rd and if I didn't have to wait for this one white elite to turn arround so I could assassinate him. If i tried hard enough I think I could get it down to 4:15-4:30 range
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2257 (isolation #54) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I should also be able to make aug 17th
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2324 (isolation #55) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by PokerFace »

PF's dodge ball game type has been perfected

Each player has x lives (default is 1)
played on any grifball map to get far sided game
team slayer
all players have grenade and plasma launchers with infinite ammo
and 4 of each grenade
and choice of evade (dodging) or armor lock (catching)

may need to add lives and or player health pending on how long a game you want and or ad feature that stops people from crossing into their oponents side of the map
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2325 (isolation #56) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by PokerFace »

and yes speed halo and dodgeball should be played on fritz night next week me thinks
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2327 (isolation #57) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

at the moment you can as I didn't add any shield doors that would stop people crossing sides

I suppose the game could be changed to have grenades and shield doors spawn in the center and have no grenade or plasma launchers. Do you guys think that would be a better idea? You'd likly live longer and have a longer game despite 1 life so that is another option

speed halo def for fritz night and dodge ball = maybe
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2329 (isolation #58) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

change in dodgeball gametype on the way as i got more ideas. may or may not have them ready for fritz night. Hope too. other wise speed halo, mafiascum, and whatever else comes to mind (we should finds some time for unicorn pwning randoms matched against us moments)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2333 (isolation #59) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by PokerFace »

ok that went alot better than i expected. dodge ball game type is good again.

esentually i made 2 versions. The one i said before and a new one with 4 stickys and plasma pistols (no launchers) for all where lives are infinite BUT kills via stickies are worth 3 points while non sticky kills are worth 1
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2350 (isolation #60) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

XAntoftheSkyX wrote:sorry bout last night, personal issues and everything tech-related exploded last night so I went to bed early.

same here

also having a friday or saturday get together is more prefered by me aswell

I got dodgeball and all other game types done. All I have left are some maps I want to edit

That speed halo map I got from Ant is off as it is missing kill balls and a few other things. I downloaded the more up to date game type and map and will put them on file share eventually after I add some race flags so I can make a straight up non zombie race gametype at those crazy exploding speeds. Basically use map for more things besides infection.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2357 (isolation #61) » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

I was sleepy and yet still had adreniline in my body after a theatre performance last night. thanks to all for helping rid me of the adreniline so i could sleep after about 30 hours of crazy theatre time

brain was tired, body was not after acting. And apparently i have a doppelganger...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2370 (isolation #62) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

is a perfection when you win without dieing? If so I got 1 in big team last night. Me and my brothers clan got 3 bombs in an assault game in under 4 minutes.

also gotten various grifball exterminations
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2394 (isolation #63) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I am a little too tired to be playing any more tonight.

I should really be paying more attention to my mafia games anyway

But I did do one fun thing. I told you I could shave 30 seconds off my time. Now on my file share 13 skull legendary run in 4 minutes 10 seconds. Also found way to shorten file size. Last one was 3.5 mb for some reason. This one is under 700 kb. Not sure what made it so different. 30 extra seconds could not have ate up that much space but meh, faster time and cool fun is all that matters

BTW I don't care who leads the clan as long as we don't fight over it. Last UT clan gotten ate up and fell apart over leadership disputes. All I want is a particular position. Intelligence Officer. COD had some strategy buffs that designed and found the fastest way to beat all the assault maps and our strategies were executed in the runs that still hold best times for those maps in UT 99. I was one of the teams strategy buffs. I was not the best killer but I was one of the smarter ones. So if we ever setup positions in the group that is name I want or some position dealing with how I am doing way to much crazy stuff in forge.

Something I am now working on in forge: A giant pit and a egyptian pyramid. Why? Think griffball where bomb is at top of pyramid or at bottom of pit. You must go in pit to get bomb and then get out to arm it or climb the pyramid and jump to other side for massive explosions

Something we may want to do if we have a night where we get all unicorns online at once. Get a massive group screen shot. Note: Fuben must use hologram when picture is taken so we get his extra man in the pic since that guy needs to be included in the unicorns too.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2395 (isolation #64) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Made changes to wiki, changed tag, nickname and comments. Don't need inteligence positions since i am not really designing assault or campaign strategies... yet
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2400 (isolation #65) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by PokerFace »

any titles for ant need to involve the following:

that's what she said
sticky hugs
thief
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2403 (isolation #66) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:32 pm

Post by PokerFace »

funny but no. My mom is awesome and I don't live with them. I got my own house so i play video games whenever i want
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2405 (isolation #67) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

mafia
spawned halo reach clan ->
cult

yay that makes alot of sense to me
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2419 (isolation #68) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

Pit and pyramid grif/blargball maps are completed

I modified speed halo so zombies are stronger and cars move faster. also built a nascar style race game type into that map

Avg Warthog speed about 305 mph in testing. was flipping during some of that so some people may be able to get even faster than that. Top normal hog speed like say you were driving through hemorage just fucking around is 105. So speed halo triples your speed for epic crazyness

I believe i am all forge kaput now. I'll give a full recap of all my crazy workings when i got time but yay all and all i have probably done too much
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2433 (isolation #69) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

pyramid map ready should be awesome screenshot

17 will be awesome
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2437 (isolation #70) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

Fritzler wrote:Well I'm an idiot then, because I will be playing on the 25th.

wait so its the 17 and 25 or just one of them? 25 is a thursday
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2439 (isolation #71) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by PokerFace »

ok so you on 24th. you still on 17 too?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2456 (isolation #72) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Because of the challenges I went and signed up for bungie.net and linked it. At least I think I did. I see my nice looking Capt America on their site. Was signing up all that was needed?

Can free blue flames still be gotten?

Can someone tell me how?

now all I need is to do what Jahudo said earlier to get some of my nice AI and other realted fails sent to Achievement Hunter
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2459 (isolation #73) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:58 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yay! tonight was much fun. Had 8 uncorns and a few BTB wins and ties.

Also 2 games recorded for absolute hillarity. One that will be called "Thou shall not Drive" and one where my weapon of mass destruction (Weapon I used to get all my kills) was the enemy Flag. Capt America!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2474 (isolation #74) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by PokerFace »

they need to make an invasion map pack as that gametype needs more than 3 infiltration type maps
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2489 (isolation #75) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:09 pm

Post by PokerFace »

ok something really bad and wtf is going on here. This morning one of the challenges was 3000cr link you bungie tag and I was like sweet i did that already. I come home after work a nd that challenge and only that challenge has changed to clipt it share it for 1200. So i was like ok must be bungie glitch. I get the ordance challenge which proves i am online. then i deleted my 13 skull run to make room on my file share to add game where i got ordance challenge. I try to add that game to my file share and it says "Name of file creator is not allowed on xbox live". wtf? I am on live right now and fact i got another challenge proves it. I can't add any file made by me to my file share. I tried adding someone elses file and that worked but no challenge money. anyone know what is going on? When did the name el matador1584 become bad? i can play on live but can't add anything to my file share which means 13 skull run can't go back up. Can anyone help me?

!HELP!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2492 (isolation #76) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by PokerFace »

i did too

also i may try to recruit some more unicorns via grifball which is my fav game type and also likly why my k/d is so bad. that bomb kills you when you win. wish if you armed you were imune to the boom
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2505 (isolation #77) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well my file share is still bugged. If someone finds something out let me know, otherwise i can't put my 13 skull run or any file of mine back up. I was about to get bungie pro too given the amount of stuff i have but no point in that now. May have to scrap the Unicorn screenshot thing unless someone else wants to take it.

What time does the Fritz Welcome back party begin?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2508 (isolation #78) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

I would rather not resort to those methods Rhinox. I know quite a few trouble shooting software loophole tricks that i have picked up over the years through job and college stuff. I have found ways to get free movies from various site that would otherwise force you to pay. I'll see if any of these legal tricks can be used and if they all fail then I guess we'll try that method. not sure what I'll change my name too though. I have kinda become acustomed to my current name. I may do something to be more capt america-ish possibly.

I don't want to be pokerface on Xbox live though as the amount of lady gaga references I'd get would be crazy. I became PokerFace on mafiascum before that song was written and or thought up by its writter. I chose that name without her in mind and if I used it on Xbox live now, no one would believe me or stop pestering me I think

I might go Nojkoor1584 given the meaning of that phrase to me

Anyone with new name suggestions for me please let me know in case i have to go that route

I'll likly be on tonight after work (5-6 edt and until 10-11 edt)

I do have a good map for the screenshot if one is taken or perhaps organizing that on a weekend would be better
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2510 (isolation #79) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:20 am

Post by PokerFace »

Jahudo wrote:But if your name was the problem, wouldn't that have kept you from uploading your previous clips?

yay i would have thought. what i guess must of happen was that el mattador somehow "recently" got added to the bad list Only way i could do it before would be if it wasn't always on that list. The switch from bungie to 343 may have screwed me. Would explain why i can download other people's clips and add them to my share with no issue. This sucks bigtime

but you know what doesn't suck? this:

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2524 (isolation #80) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yes that was easily the most attended unicorn night ever. makes me relativly happy desite some anger. 343 recently got rights over files and file share of reach from Bungie. That is why new lists of bad words. 343 now thinks mafia is an offensive word. The newly modified mafia game types are getting Blam!ed. Gonna try to change them to werewolf in the titles and see how that goes

Side note the 343 site seems to be ignoring my requests to give me a file share fix and my legal game bending tactics aren't working either. (i am not a modder nor am i a hacker giving myself any form of illagal advantage in the game basics I am just trying to get my file share working through normal game interface. I know how to look for and exploit software loopholes or bugs people leave in there own stuff. I debug, test, and break phone and pc server software as my real life job)

Taking new gamertag suggestions as a result of my current futile efforts. Side note if I change my gamertag will all game accounts and achievements get carried over? will I still be general with armor credits and such? Will my stuff for other games be ok? Friendslists, etc?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2525 (isolation #81) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

Llama in Team Slayer? He is always in firefight not taking my invites when i see him online. Where were you last night llama?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2528 (isolation #82) » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

Halo fest is this weekend so getting fileshare fixed may take time but bungie and 343 have responded so they are working on it

The unicorn team screenshots are looking good. I took 3 and saved them. Will be in file share when fixed but for now they should be in your screenshots of you section

Also me and jahudo recorded something real funny and nice looking. A turtorial on getting the rave easter egg combine with some sick dance styles. Will be up once file share fixed
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2534 (isolation #83) » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

Ohio ain't on the east coast. Worst I'll get from irene is some bad winds. There was a huricane that hit gulf coast in 2009. Ohio ain't on that coast either but winds from that huricane knocked out power here and totally ruined all air and field goal game when Browns played Steelers in Pitt in 2009. Most boring rival game ever thanks to that weather. I think score was 13-0. Wind ruined various passing plays and field goals and an extra point. But this time since its preseason and I'm still not on any coast I will be fine. No worries at all here. Hope you guys on the coast get through it all ok. Good Luck

and by my last post I obv have made probably too much dedication to Halo as of late
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2544 (isolation #84) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

Nice pic ant

I am still in conversations with bungie and 343 to get mine and other peoples file share back and working. Once it is working I will try to get bungie pro as i have many vids, maps, and gametypes i have been making

I got some more ideas for the rave coreography and turtorial so may refilm that with an actual female instead of me being a female spartan and jahudo being the male one. I am an actor and theatre big man so me getting extra ideas is expected. but for now i really like one me and jahudo made since it my only drag acting role (ha ha) and since jahudo's movements kinda make it look like the male spartan doesn't know how to dance and the female kinda taught him how. So Jahudo's acting got more turitorial then just how to get the easter egg. Will post vid when my share is fixed. If Jahudo has a problem with the vid or any idea of me making a new one he is allowed to make them since he helped me make the first one. I am not the kinda guy that screws over those that help him. Since he was in on the first he can be in on the second if he wants to be

Since I have the star name plate I may permanently change to a unicornesque icon since the star kind embodies capt America as much as the shield. We'll see there
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2545 (isolation #85) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/7/p ... spx#184237

damn so xbox is root of my issues all along and not bungie or 343 :(

I will try some more efforts but if not, getting unicorns to get my gammertag changed may be my only option.

like wise the screenshots may never get on the fileshare and have to stay in "screenshots of you" given this issue there were all taken when i was el matador

Thank you microsoft for screwing me over :evil:

Edit: I'll let you guys know if file complainting on me is super necessary or not. should be noted that the El yes the el is the issue and not the matador as i have learned. seriously? thats it? WTF this sucks!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2547 (isolation #86) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

I already got that challenge. current fastest time in nightfall is still 4:10 I have not managed to beat that with or without any skulls on or difficulty changes. I have memorized all the warp points so i can easily warn my partner when he is getting moved forward. HOWEVER! When you glitch through the gate in nightfall, no enemies will be on the other side only if you are playing solo or with one other person. A co-op game of 3-4 people will have cove's on the other side of that gate! So to optimize your sucess doing it with 2 has greater chance of success then getting it with 4 people

I got this weekly with my brother and if I am bored and people are nice enough to ask me I may help other people snag it
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2548 (isolation #87) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by PokerFace »

!IMPORTANT!

It is not number of players that decides if they are on the other end of that gate. Me and ant got caught on the other side with cove's while me ant and jahudo did not. Jun waking cove's up at the sleeping zones is what controls it

Also important it. I am bailing on unicorn night tonight as i am experiencing a wierd glitch. Earlier I got the 125 grunt challenge and then went into action sack to get jetpacking 10 and the 25 total. I lagged out of one action sack and all my challenges were reset. I was able to get the 125 grunts twice. I got all other challenges once. In playing with fuben, steph, jahu, and Ant I lagged out again and again all challenges were reset. Rather than press my luck that bungie doesn't catch I got 6 or more challenges in one day and mess with my account again, I am going to quit for the night to avoid any accidental 25 kill challenge getting. no more for me tonight i seem to be having issues out the wazoo

weekly was not reset so at least that stayed cool. no clue why lagging out reset others but whatever. I love you guys but I want no whammys so until another day then
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2551 (isolation #88) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

FruitLoop wrote:My challenges reset on me part way through last night too....silly thing.

http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/7/p ... spx#213992
apparently there was a global issue and i just got paranoid given it happened when i lagged out as apposed to it happening completly randomly like it happened to some
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2553 (isolation #89) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by PokerFace »

WORST GLITCH EVER!

I just helped a fried of mine get the speed run challenge. And at one point I sort of died and respawned WITHOUT A GUN! No gun on my screen. no means of shooting or punching anything! the crosshair on my screen was like the bomb crosshair. Naturally my first impulse was to run! Run like hell to the end of the level and then go into the theatre and record. For 30 seconds i ran gunless screaming through a night fall ending as we had coves on the other side of the gate begging to say hello. Wow that totally sucked! I want my gun back now. Captain America may only a need a shield but I need a gun! Seriously where did it go?!

I'll get bungie pro and put this video and other promised items in file share when file share bug is fixed

last night drunk recap. Things PF can't do while drunk:
-drive a mongoose
-win swat
-kill hambo
-Pronounce New Zealand

Things PF can do drunk:
-Get the DMR Achievement
-win invasion
-make "thats what she said" jokes and bad sword puns
-DWI = Driving Warthog Intoxicated is fun!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2568 (isolation #90) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I really don't care whose on my team. My K/D sucks mostly because I <3 grifball. Caring about your K/D in a gametype where host often controls the game and almost everyone dies when the bomb goes off, is rather pointless. I'd rather just have fun and blow shit up. I finish well in unicorn FFA's for the most part so I'll be fine and have some fun regardless of what happens. My bad k/D will probably get me paired with a really good killer and my team will have balance as a result since i prefer objective game types.

Whatever happens I think I'll enjoy myself
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2576 (isolation #91) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 2574, Rhinox wrote:
In post 2573, Jahudo wrote:This looks great. PokerFace, you and I could be team ohio?

:(

uhm yay jahudo you forgot someone^. don't think we can get 3 ohio's on a 2 man team but should hambo make a 3v3 tourney team ohio will be in business :). Ohio would be obv best Rocket Hog Race Team. Dibs on drunk driver! :twisted:
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2578 (isolation #92) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I'm east ohio Y-town

Jahudo is north with cleveland

Rhinox is central with columbus

We need south and west basically a cincinatti. Is 3D still on MS and was he cincinati? That would be a good 4 man team assuming he plays halo and MS still
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2579 (isolation #93) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 2578, PokerFace wrote:I'm east ohio Y-town

Jahudo is north with cleveland

Rhinox is central with columbus

We need south and west basically a cincinatti. Is 3D still on MS and was he cincinati? That would be a good 4 man team assuming he plays halo and MS still

oh wait check that rhinox is cleveland. jahudo are you columbus? did i mix your ciities up? I can't rmember if 3D was cincin or columbus too
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2580 (isolation #94) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by PokerFace »

3D = http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/memberli ... le&u=10795 = columbus = does he halo?
me youngstown
Rhinox = cleveland
Jahudo = ??
?? = cincinati
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2583 (isolation #95) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

I thought fritz was arround? you may be in business Ant since i saw him listed as online in my friends list last night

I may be with Jahudo or rhinox or ant or my dopple ganger (el matador 702) since i seem to play with you guys the most. I'll figure out who i am with later or someone can campaign/ask me nicely.. heh heh jsut kidding. Hambo or fuben are likly high value players in this tourney

Be funny if we had a draft tourney or something like that

@Hambo can you post a list of everyone's K/D so we can see what teams gonna look like? If a list is already in wiki I'll be looking at it in 5 seconds
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2589 (isolation #96) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:I thought fritz was arround? you may be in business Ant since i saw him listed as online in my friends list last night

I may be with Jahudo or rhinox or ant or my dopple ganger (el matador 702) since i seem to play with you guys the most. I'll figure out who i am with later or someone can campaign/ask me nicely.. heh heh jsut kidding. Hambo or fuben are likly high value players in this tourney

Be funny if we had a draft tourney or something like that

@Hambo can you post a list of everyone's K/D so we can see what teams gonna look like? If a list is already in wiki I'll be looking at it in 5 seconds

I should clarify.

Rhinox you able to make tourney or not?

I was not asked by rhinox to be on his team but I was asked by jahudo and apparently stephs bro cameron (Sound Chaser). I will certainly have fun regardless of team i am on just got to pick one.

If rhinox can make the tourney perhaps he should be with Jahudo and they should be team cleveland or ohio or whatever

When are we slated to start the 2v2 tourney anyway? I see no start date or time no where and fact we are all in different time zones may make that difficult
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2592 (isolation #97) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:50 pm

Post by PokerFace »

My doppleganger is a unicorn right? Need to talk to him and see what he is doing for tourney and if he ain't doing it or if he is going with someone else then I'll be with cameron. What timezone is cameron in?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2596 (isolation #98) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I sent a message to doppleganger to tell him of tourney

Jahudo and cameron mentioned being with me moment they heard of tourney. Jahudo and Rhinox are both cleveland and that works better than ohio given 2v2 not 3v3. If doppleganger doesn't mention me first or if he is not interested I will gladly play with cameron since that guy was pretty awesome when i played with him before

Any chance Grifball can be a tourney gametype? I love grifball despite how much it murders my K/D.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2597 (isolation #99) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 2553, PokerFace wrote:Things PF can't do while drunk:
-drive a mongoose
-win swat
-kill hambo
-Pronounce New Zealand
-count to 3
-avoid setting ant up for good jokes

Things PF can do drunk:
-Get the DMR Achievement
-win invasion
-make bad sword puns
-DWI = Driving Warthog Intoxicated is fun!

I updated the wiki with some quotes from last night and my tag since its no longer MCEN
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2599 (isolation #100) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I plan on giving my doppleganger the link to the UB forum here. He can figure out if he wants to join the tourney after that

Since I liked playing with him before and since only 3 spots left I will lock in that I'll be in the tourney with Cameron (Sound Chaser)

I may change my gamertag in the near future since bungie/343/halo/xbox/microsoft are haters. I was considering it slightly before this mess and seems it may be my only choice. 702 won't be my doppleganger after that but he will still be cool

Kscope is fun to play with and against, he should try to get in on the tourney. If Kscope don't join with his brother perhaps he can team with the 702 matador since they have played together before I believe
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2604 (isolation #101) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:16 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I told the other matador about mafiascum and to come here and find our forum/thread. Hopefully he will find it well and if not you can always message him yourself Kscope and tell him you are up for it.

you did play with matador702 before right kscope?

I didn't think you played with sound chaser and i didn't think your brother was a unicorn. Was I wrong in those places too? Sound chaser is already with me anyway though
Last edited by PokerFace on Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2605 (isolation #102) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by PokerFace »

KaleiÐoscøpe wrote:She failed to add
the good morning quote.
^_^

I'll be happy to team up with whichever matador or soundchaser

??
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2608 (isolation #103) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Damn well its been almost a month and Xbox, bungie, 343 are all still blaming each other. Xbox has been proven to be the culprit but as its bungie's game and the filter was applied when bungie still had rights and they no longer have those rights and gave them to 343 it looks like it won't be fixed

Damn it! I don't care whose fault it is. Quit blaming each other and just fix it! I don't care which of you does it!

I ain't ponying up 800 credits (10 bucks) to change my gamertag

If this thing ain't solved by 22 which will be exactly a month then I think I will have all friends and clan associates file complaint my profile name. My 2nd cousin Nick was forced to change his gamertag twice through the file complaint process in the past and he has confirmed that yes everything does copy over right just like you guys told me here. His names back then weren't really offensive and did not tick off any filters. Some random people just got offended so it might actually not take too many complaints to get the job done. I will let you guys know what I change it to should things come to it

I'll basically send a mass xbox message or post here if if my hand is forced that far in the coming days
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2610 (isolation #104) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

though respectfully it should be noted even though I drink while playing halo alot I am not really a drunkard. I get the misconception but truth is I have become a light weight since getting out of college so it doesn't take much any more to get me drunk and if it weren't for good friends, I would never drink. When you drink its about who you drink with and not what or how much you drink. Anyone who thinks its all about how much or is addicted (can't learn to say no) is a drunk.

I have played sober with you guys some times and plan to play sober tonight
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2614 (isolation #105) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Jahudo wrote:
"As a bull fighting enthusiast I am offended by his representation of matadors as drunken warthog drivers and think he should have his name changed immediately."

How does that sound?

awesome! <this was somehow cutoff earlier

PokerFace wrote:Though respectfully it should be noted even though I drink while playing halo alot I am not really aan alcholic. I get the misconception but truth is I have become a light weight since getting out of college so it doesn't take much any more to get me drunk and if it weren't for good friends, I would never drink. When you drink its about who you drink with and not what or how much you drink. Anyone who thinks its all about how much you drink or the crazy shit or ways you hurt yourself or others or is addicted (can't learn to say no) is an alcholic.

I have played sober with you guys some times and plan to play sober tonight

fixed since anyone can be drunk and I originally meant to say alcholic and add more to it

Fact I hate to admit but PF in college took 6-8 beers to get drunk, PF out of college I am lucky if I get to 3.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2619 (isolation #106) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by PokerFace »

agrees with^

also I got a message on xbox live today from Reaper charlie. He wants in the tourney and needs a partner. Someone who doesn't have a partner and wants in should message him
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2620 (isolation #107) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 2615, FruitLoop wrote:
PokerFace wrote:Fact I hate to admit but PF in college took 6-8 beers to get drunk, PF out of college
I am lucky if I get to 3.

Wow. Thats even worse than me!! But then again we are known for our binge drinking culture over here :S

I got a buddy who is 1 and done. As long as i never get that bad I won't feel too bad to be out drank by a zealander
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2623 (isolation #108) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

Did the other matador every contact the rest of you guys? I told him to come here and or message you guys on xbox live since he seemed interested in playing
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2628 (isolation #109) » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

So llama is like me then. his K/D is not a real summation of how good he is

I was stupid and stayed up to play horse againt a different cousin of Mine last night. I won Hor to Horse but game still took long time and I went to bed late so I likly will be getting extra sleep this weekend since work monday might be rough

I already got this weekly easily since I speed ran to nightfall's end BUT wated for Jun to talk about phantoms (2 hunters that appear while Jun sets detonator). When Jun says that line a checkpoint happens regardless of where players is on map. I then saved and suit. Then reloaded the game and took 2 steps for map end. Repeated that last sentence 8 more times since game keeps your save and still counts it as a full level each time. Easy 9 level heroic completion in 10-15 minutes pending load times and Jun
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2629 (isolation #110) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

It seems I have no choice. UNICORNS ASSEMBLE!

Please go to me in your friends list and file complaint and then select profile and name

Xbox has forced my hand
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2633 (isolation #111) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am still surprised the El is the issue. Might take time for it to kick in. I will post and or send a mass xbox live message when it has been changed. Will likly change to nojkoor1584 since that name is my aim and a few other screennames. Also since its no way offensive as its not real words
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2635 (isolation #112) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

lol^

btw while messing arround getting the 100 kill challenge yesterday I did some more nightfall speed run work. Last time it was 4:10 and I knew I had to be able to break 4 minutes. Last night I had an epic run. A sticky narrowly missed my shoulder. I got a perfect punch on the first elite. Dodged a Jun sniper shot while being just out of reach of one dino. I recklessly ran at a white elite I thought would see me 100% but he turned at the exact moment I needed him to so I cut his throat and woke none of his grunt buddies up. Got through gate on first attempt, somehow Jun didn't wake anything up either for most of the map. Clocked it in at 3m 51s. I wanted to beat 4 minutes so my goal was achieved. Had shield down most of the run. I might try to get a even faster time since 1 jump wasn't perfect and I got caught on a rock near the end but I don't think 3m 45s is easily gettable by those standards since i got ridiculouly lucky with timing of that second elite. I could get faster but I won't make it a great point to get. gonna play that map in a less pressure sence since goal achieved. If I get faster wow awesome but if I don't not a big deal.

To anyone that wants to beat my time, I welcome the challenge and will give you some advice. The shotgun is your best friend since the blind skull is your enemy! Jun your worst enemy! Also Punching a moa or Jun does NOT restore shield via black eye skull. I learned that in one of the less successful runs...

Video will go to file share when its all good
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2636 (isolation #113) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

OK STOP THE FILE COMPLAINTING

My file share works again and they didn't change my tag via force. I tried to save after yesterdays update and it still failed but somehow saving things this morning was no problem. Update fix took time or something I guess. Other matador says his is fixed too... Seems the problem got solved despite the massive xbox, 343, bungie blame game were they said there wouldn't be a fix as its not there fault. Guess the company policy is assume no fault, fix the issue and then act like it never happened

So I am still El Matador1584

Unicorn night in matchmaking and rocket race was fun. My cousin Lucas played with us as well. I showed Hambo and Jahudo I like and am good at grifball and thanks to a pack of spawn killers they get why my K/D sucks and seem not to want to play that game type again.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2646 (isolation #114) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by PokerFace »

word of note. my best time is still 3:51 and in my file share. I managed to tie it recently but old video looked cooler so its stays in the share

I may be changing the Mafia Scum game types in the near future due to some improved Ideas. More on this when they are done.

I have been making and fooling around with non-mafia related gametypes Would it be interesting for me to tell you guys about them and or get bungie pro? Basically you guys want me to make more weird gametypes like Dodge Ball and add them to wiki as well?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2647 (isolation #115) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by PokerFace »

also can i get the abridged version of what me sound, agar, and Axe are gonna do here? I am free for the most part whenever you guys need me just pm me or message me on Xbox
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2655 (isolation #116) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by PokerFace »

by abridged i meant short version on what I got to do
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2656 (isolation #117) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Is there a way to delete pages in the wiki and or change the titles? I have been doing work on the mafia game types and may be changing names and or deleting some
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2668 (isolation #118) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

Last night was fun.

As far as Rocket Race goes I am best at driving, then Rocket, then EMP. I was on a team with
Steph and Agar
. I was driving for a very short time in that game. Steph gave us many rotations as we were hit by many rockets. And somehow when Agar drove we got hit by so many explosives that we went UNDER the map. We went to fucking china! We got blasted underground where there was endless blue water and sky. Me and Agar both saw it while Steph didn't. So yay
Kat
driving and
Asian
driving

Lord I apoligize remember the pigmies in new guinea

I of course got the video for that and may put in fileshare temporarily for agar and steph and whoever else to download

I then got an important phone call. Someone please tell me and others absent what happened then

Then there was Speed Halo, Racing, and some Swat
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2670 (isolation #119) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

Actually here is a better retelling of what happened

PokerFace wrote:Last night was fun.

As far as Rocket Race goes I am best at driving, then Rocket, then EMP. I was on a team with
Steph and Agar
. I was driving for a very short time and you can bet I complained about other people's driving. Young whipersnappers! Last I checked I was oldest Unicorn, 27). Steph gave us many rotations and not many checkpoints. Agar's driving got us alot of checkpoints but even more explosives as we got hit by so many that we went UNDER the map. We went to fucking china! We got blasted underground where there was endless blue water and sky. Me and Agar both saw it while Steph didn't. So yay
Kat
Asian
, and
Elderly
driving.

Lord I apoligize remember the pigmies in New Guinea

I of course got the video for that and may put in fileshare temporarily for all to download

I got an important phone call at one point and got on latte originally so someone please tell me and others absent what happened during those times

There was also Speed Halo where I got many splatters like a good old guy while Hambo and a new unicorn won games via hammers

Swat games were played too where we learned Fuben likes to take it from Behind. By Behind I mean Knife Execution. What did you think I meant?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2674 (isolation #120) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

I put the mongoose form of rocket race in my file share so it can be used in the tourney like you asked hambo
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2675 (isolation #121) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

Also Jahuo, you were right. I tried that Nightfall path out even though I thought it was suicidal. Made 50 attempts at beating 3:51. 5 of those attempts I survived that path. 3 of times I survived I duied elsewhere. The 2 times it actually worked I got better times. 3:40 is my new best time as a result.

So I was right about that path being crazy risky but I was wrong about it being completly impossible
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2677 (isolation #122) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

PF's most hilarious antics while speed running. As he is punching a grunt to get his shield a sticky lands on that grunt. BOOM!

Puntas or those big Dino like things run straight at PF and somehow he runs between their legs and lives only to get a boot to the head from one elite later on

PF gets in forklift. Gets stickied. Gets lauched into air, big explosion forklift flies off cliff, PF's corpse lands in a tree

Sounds chaser heard my sorrow and laughs in private chat during all of these
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2684 (isolation #123) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:36 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Just a note, I got a special project due this friday at work so I won't have much time to invest in gaming this week. Challenges have been sucking for most part anyway
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2704 (isolation #124) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

yay what ant said. I may form a unicorn grifball team since i love it and want to know who else does. I do have game plan positions for it in terms of goalie and such. The intelligence officer in me is back

though sadly as far as most of this week goes...

PokerFace wrote:Just a note, I got a special project due this friday at work so I won't have much time to invest in gaming this week. Challenges have been sucking for most part anyway

this is still in effect :(
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2709 (isolation #125) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

Something real important happened today. As a result I may have to drop out of the Unicorn Tournament and I will not be on this site or on Xbox live as much as usual. Give Sound Chaser my regards

Edit: This situation has been solved, nothing to see here move along
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2714 (isolation #126) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

my situation is still crazy. If you guys see me online then you can invite me but i guarantee i won't be on as much now

for headshots or pistol kills in FF you should play score attack and pick gruntpocalypse. You will be only player and headshotting grunts is easy on any map. Choose the armor lock loadout to survive grunt stickies and fuel rods. You can also do skirmegeddon if you find their heads easier to hit and there I suggest using hologram to control enemy movements as they don't have explosives

use explosives yourself when getting lots of kills in normal arcadefight

Edit: This situation has been solved, nothing to see here move along
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2720 (isolation #127) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

AGar wrote:It has to be in matchmaking, which I believe means you can't be the only one.

Otherwise I would've just spammed Corvette.

score attack is matchmaking its under cooperative and its 1 player and it totally counts for challenges as i have used it for them often. Gruntpocalypse good for many FF challenges
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2721 (isolation #128) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Note I updated these

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... /Gametypes

a week or so ago
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2732 (isolation #129) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

EPIC RAP BATTLES OF HALO REACH
AGAR vs
ANT
REAPER JULIET

!BEGIN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHRxv-40 ... F19CCEF7C2
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2733 (isolation #130) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

bumping while noting that I have completed and fully tested and perfected the mafia setups in the wiki. Including a rather interesting cult setup

"TWITCH"
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2751 (isolation #131) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

If someone gets Halo CE Anniversary without Pre-ordering let me know

apparently there is a 2 day gold pass code and a female master chief avatar code that come in the case. I can't use either as i got a male avatar and well that pass is only for 2 days and i am on the year plan.

Also for some odd reason I got 2 codes that work for the anniversary map packs. Gamestop printing error or something. I of course already used 1 for myself. So I also got a map pack code i can give out to someone

PM me
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2754 (isolation #132) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I like it. Nostalgia and that. I tried played on old graphics and my eyes hurt. new graphics better

I told one of my local buds about gamestops mistake she will likely be using the codes but if she changes her mind I'll let you guys know
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2757 (isolation #133) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Apparently there is a halo wide web site that keeps track of fast speed runs. I am going to post mine with them and see if its the record. 3:45 in reach nightfall laso!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2759 (isolation #134) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:15 pm

Post by PokerFace »

can't see where he got 30 seconds faster with all stuff i had to go through just to get 3:45. video please or I call bull shit

edit: that site apparently links to the vids. I will have to see this
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2760 (isolation #135) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I call bullshit you can see his hud and his shield auto comes back! the blind skull and black eye aren't on in his vid! If black eye was on he couldn't do those grenade jumps and have the health for it. I still beat him in terms of laso rules

Edit: he also has a radar so cloud is not on for him either. I doubt he has any skulls on. I clearly still have fastest with laso on

Edit: nope he has no skulls on (no thunderstorm) so elites aren't accurate or ultras in his vids
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2762 (isolation #136) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by PokerFace »

well in game difficulties aren't hard enough in that level. Skulls make it worth it. If I find the time perhaps i should do a no skull run and beat his time
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2773 (isolation #137) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am considering going after the nightfall record with no skulls on and or seeing if some grenade tricks are possible even with blackeye on. If they are with blackeye then I should be able to setup something sick assuming I get punches at the right time
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2778 (isolation #138) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2779 (isolation #139) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:39 pm

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2782 (isolation #140) » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:04 pm

Post by PokerFace »

yep it should be good. roosterteeth made some funny waypoint videos about it
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2789 (isolation #141) » Sun May 06, 2012 9:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

I just ran a dozen mafia games inside halo with some people I randomly met.

Half games were won by town other half by scum so balance was perfect :)

Guy with most points was deemed MVP (technical solo winner because of how zombies works in halo) and that did go to person that played best and it was only me twice. Other people won it too who were newbs so game balanced in regard anyone that plays right can win! Looking forward to playing mafia and halo with you guys next wednesday
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2806 (isolation #142) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

I will try to make it. What time of day/timezone will it start on the 7th?

I'd like a gun or a game change as swat is not my best game, but as I will be playing because/with of you guys, I'll feel like a winner regardless

Also we should play some mafia in halo before or after the tourney as I would like more use out of my custom game type
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2809 (isolation #143) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am good at slayer but bad at swat

We need a mafia gametype tourney eventually too
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2813 (isolation #144) » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:25 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Swat will never be my forte. At least I tied for first in the halo mafia game after

Was it Eupa or Epic I tied with?

We need to play that gametype more, perhaps the SK version as I feel that variant has the most potential. All players have 1 life but for some reason The Mafia/Infected dieing early does not auto end a round, so playing the SK version may be better for overall gameplay as town doesn't have to sit around to get the highest point value. They can betray without loosing points to become the SK and the higher point values all to themself
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2815 (isolation #145) » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:41 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The gametypes should be written in the wiki. I'll double check things this weekend should an update be missing and or see if I can fix the "all mafia dead round still going on?" issue some of the variants have

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... /Gametypes
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2822 (isolation #146) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

didn't get the chance to check/update? the mafia gametype wiki this weekend. Will do it as soon as possible and tweak anything that is needed. Will post when that's done and we can have a tourney in that gametype when its all good
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2825 (isolation #147) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

What is UberNinja's gamertag?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2827 (isolation #148) » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

Wiki Gametypes are now up to date!

Simple English Explanation

Zombies are the informed minority or Mafia

Humans are the uninformed majority or Town

Whichever side kills off the other side, wins a round

3 rounds, 4 minutes each, suicides and betrayal take away points while other kills give you points. Player with most points is MVP and technical game winner

The Last man standing acts as the Seriel Killer. This role only exists in some gametypes.
These gametypes give you slight points for betrayals and thus are better suited for beginners, as you can choose to kill everyone and not worry whose side you are on.
That feature also provides a way to work arround the "All mafia dead, only town left, round not over" glitch because it establishes that only one player will be alive at the end of each round
Last edited by PokerFace on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2830 (isolation #149) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:57 am

Post by PokerFace »

I do apreciate the offer but I pre-ordered my legendary copy last week so I will have to pass

Also as some of you know I analyze and test software for a living, which includes mobile phone applications. Here's an application that involves unicorns: https://www.justwink.com/news
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2832 (isolation #150) » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

This may be a little late but if either of you running through all those the missions want someone to co-op combat evolved anniversary with let me know. There is only one achievemnet I lack in that game (Library 30m legendary). I also never beat all its missions on solo and legendary. That is all I would like to do before halo 4 and as beating all that may take practice I'd be up for some co-op if any of us get on at same time
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2849 (isolation #151) » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:42 pm

Post by PokerFace »

8 gigs all by itself! When did that go public

I kinda wish I had known as I would have considered the console bundle myself.

Gonna have to move alot of stuff to my external drive to play on my xbox
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2852 (isolation #152) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well you do what you feel is best rhinox

Because of Halo 4's eminent release I decided awhile back to perfect as many of my old games as possible. Basically a get them off my to do list before halo 4

I perfected
Halo Reach
Scot Pilgrim vs world
Watchmen 1
Minecraft
Watchmen 2 - only co-op achievement left - might have to finish shortly after 4's release given time constaraints with my teamate
Halo anniversary - only library under 30m on legendary left

I will likly see how many achievements I can get in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 though I won't perfect that one in time
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2854 (isolation #153) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:25 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yes but the flaming helmet thing was only open to all for a limited time. I got my copy of Reach for free when I got my first xbox live gold subscription in 2011 (Was sharing with a brother before then). There was some special xbox had back then that let you get Reach and a gold membership for just 60 which meant one of the 2 was essentially free. But sadly by the time the game was shipped to me, the flaming helmet deal was over
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2855 (isolation #154) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

Halo Anniversary..... PERFECT! with a few days to spare. I'm ready for Halo 4!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2860 (isolation #155) » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Played through first 3 levels of campaign after work tuesday. I like most of the gun changes and additions except for the boltshot. I'm waiting to be impressed this early into it
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2862 (isolation #156) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

They took the halo 2 magnum and combo-ed it with the mauler of halo 3 and made it look like the mauler of perfect dark

If it were a good charge pistol, the covies would not still use the plasma pistol when they joined with the forerunners

If it were a good shotgun, the forerunners would not have needed to make the scatter shot

You guys can call yourselves an advanced race, but I question your sobrity for coming up with that gun
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2864 (isolation #157) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yes, the netcode for this game is pretty ass

I also wish you could record the spartan ops games in theatre.

https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo ... 1eea75680d
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2870 (isolation #158) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

I already went through co-op legendary. was not hard, no idea how long it took, did not time. I am staggering my legendary solo campaign walk through. They have been doing weekly challenges for a level solo on legendary for each week the game has been out. I figure might has well beat it at the time I get the credit bonus for it. 2 for 1 special for the win

I did manage to find some practical moments where the bolt shot is actually good or heavily exploitable. Get Close range and charge. If no kill then punch or headshot for the kill

They should fix the 130 issue but honestly I am amazed someone would play that much already.

Sadly I am becoming under impressed by the game the more I play it. The netcode lags worse than any previous halo, the spartan oops plot has seemed subpar and repetative. I never read the books but I saw the campaign ending miles away.
During the requiem mission intro cortana sounds defeated. Chief insists she gets fixed but cortana sounds like she has already accepted death. Her sacrificing herself comes as no surprise as a result. You guys find that ending emotional and sad? It did not really entertain me.
Only thing I believe they did right was make each old gun better than they used to be and add some rather interesting new character abilities. But once you get the guns and abilities you like the most, is there really a point? If its so laggy you can't use the power, what's the point of having it? Halo 4 felt like a fun game at first but I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that if it was not a halo game, I would not be playing it.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2875 (isolation #159) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

I spent time last night beating the recent spartan ops episode completely on legendary and tweeking my loadouts the way I want them. By the time I realized you guys were on, it was time for me to get off. :( I will have to join the wednesday night missions more often or perhaps some weekend gaming would be better
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2876 (isolation #160) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 2874, HamboBlank wrote:And yes you must, Jahudo too! Hopefully we can sort out some of the cool customs from Reach for 4 cause they made Game Night fun too :)

I tried to make a mafia version in Halo 4 but it appears there are bugs in the flood gametype stopping me from making a perfect representation

The "Zombies/Mafia/Flood" will always look like flood. You can not change their appearance to look like human. Even if you select human or something other than flood in the setting, they still look like flood. To get arround this I had to make the town look like flood too otherwise finding the mafia would be super easy

Also the infected always spawn with swords. You can't give them hammers or guns. This is the more annoying problem as it takes away the voting references and makes things somewhat more difficult to balance. Balancing efforts have been subpar overall but I do have a test version I made that we can try

Anyone with ideas on how I can get around these issues is welcome to give input. Bringing the game to reach was easy and not hard to balance as I found more than just unicorns willing to help me test and run the games. Bringing mafia to halo 4 is going to be rough especially since its looking like we will all be flood carrying swords constantly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2878 (isolation #161) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

cool I will bring my test mafia game though I got a feeling it will fail horibly.

The Reach one was very sucessful first time through. Balancing mafia vs town was easy in reach. 40% went to each with 20% going to the SK. Only issue I had was adjusting the point values for each side so that the MVP was chosen fairly.

In Halo 4 the balancing the sides and the points is going to be iratating, I can tell already
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2884 (isolation #162) » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

I got the limited edition version of Halo 4. It came with a code that gave me early acess to all specilizations so I could chose from everything and not just wetwork and operator when i reached 50

I recently got a code sent to me from 343 that claims to grant that access as well because i played the game during a certain group of dates

As I obivously don't need both codes I was considering giving the second one out if there was still a need for it.

When are those who bought the regular edition suppose to get access the other specializations?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2887 (isolation #163) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hey fruitloop

If you get to 50 and still ain't got access to the full group, private message me and I'll give you my extra code

I went pioneer first since it gives you extra XP to get the others. Now I am rogue since I hate bloom. Those 2 seem most geared to help new players so I am surprised they weren't the default ones instead of operator and wetwork

Tracker and engineer should work well together though I think their names should have been swapped from a skill stand point

operator and pathfinder should work well together for obvious vehicle related reasons

Wetwork's stealth seems like something you would want to pair with stalker or rogue. pioneer would become obsolete if you reach max XP levels

So the specializations seem to work out well in pairs
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2891 (isolation #164) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

yes i meant flinch

in the older halos i always perfered the close range and automatic guns, but for some reason the rifles (carbine, BR, etc) all seem really good in this game

I played some spartan ops with the pioneer perks the other night. was pulling down some frequent 8-9000 XP games. If I read the wiki right it gives you and extra 20%. This thing is way OP. I am not surprised some people already got things maxed. The math they did for xp was fail on 343's part

Should be noted though that double XP dew points, DON'T double the perk's stuff. You get the regular XP. It doubled. And then they add the perks from pioneer. Which gave me some games of 16-17000 xp. Also you can't switch to pioneer perk loudout at end of match and expect to get all the xp. you only get 20% for what you do when you have the perk. They did a good job setting some elements of the perk up but I still think its OP
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2897 (isolation #165) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

Last I checked the Halo 4 site they have been having lag issues and been working on some aspects of patching the net code. In playing the multiplayer I will state that this is the worst net code for a halo game ever. Its veruy laggy. As a result i have been playing alot of spartan ops. (connecting to 4 other people not as laggy as connecting to 8 for 4 vs 4). As fast track benefits from spartan ops the most and because it is stupid to get pioneer last, I chose to get it first and Rogue second since rifles are really good and i think it will help me deal with lag on aiming and general flinch stuff

Because of this point of view, I did not see the alternative look at fast track that Rhinox brought up. When you look at fast track from his view, it is balanced

The only thing unbalanced then would be how you get tons of xp for spartan ops over regular multiplayer. The spartan ops XP is OP if you are trying to get all the skills you need/want and or fully level up as fast as possible

personally I have little interest in stalker and engineer (find rivals[st] and find ordances belonging to other players first{eg}) I will likly put those 2 off until the end
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2899 (isolation #166) » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

Thanks for the update. I'll have to free up space when i get off work before I get it

They said they would attempt to fix some if not all the laggy net code issues in this patch. Did they and or do you notice a difference?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2903 (isolation #167) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

sadly my xbox 360 is one of the original small 8gb hardrives. I got an external 16 gb jumpdrive hooked to it though so I will likly have to purpose the xbox default hardrive to all non-halo games and use the external jump for halo and or get a bigger external jump for halos in the future

I downloaded spartan ops last night and watched the video on chapter 6. Was entertaining despite the forever download time.

Did chores rest of last night and will likly finish chores tonight. So likly won't start on playing the ops until tonight or tomorrow. Feel free to party up with me if you guys want to tackle them together either day
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2905 (isolation #168) » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:29 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I played spartan ops last night. 343 has done nothing new to help fix their net code. If anything it got worse. :(
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2912 (isolation #169) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

Spoilers about this weeks spartan ops
This weeks particular episode appears to leave the humans in very good stature
-Captured an Elite that gave us info on some covenant jammers and listening posts
-Thorne and Glassman Safe
-Got cool maps and equipment from thorne and glass
-Switchback saved
-Lasky Safe
-other random marines and spartans saved

Things look to be going very well in our favor. Thinking all thats left is figuring out what to do about catherine/the librarian and the remaining covies terrorists. The should be able to wrap that up in 2 episodes
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2915 (isolation #170) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:13 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Were those all from wednesday night gamings? I need to adjust my work schedule or find a way to work arround it, becuase I am no where in those vids
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2917 (isolation #171) » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

Looking at the dates for those vids, it lookslike some of the games were on saturdays. I got a chance to make some games i think
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2923 (isolation #172) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

I didn't think the bolt shot was so good it needed a nerf. It was good in some ways, but I can't say I was a big fan of it or thought there were enough reasons to nerf it. Were there really alot of people complaing it was good? I am kinda shocked becuase I heard more complaining it was bad than saying it was too good

Spartan ops were fun and great for helping you unlock things but there were a few plot holes or moments were I generally thought the writers sucked. Things kinda drone out too long, could have done them better in shorter amounts of time and with less lag. I still want a lag/netcode patch

Halo 4 is still a fun game but generally I wanted more quality in it then I have received. Right now if you asked me to rank it on a scale of 1-10 I think I'd give it a 6.5 so its an above average game but I wouldn't call it a great game
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2924 (isolation #173) » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 2922, AGar wrote:RETURN TO REACH THIS WEEK SO EXCITED RAWR.

??
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2959 (isolation #174) » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

Not getting halo 5 unless my buds say its good

Halo 4 was worst halo game and if that's direction they want to take the multiplayer, I don't want to be there

Return to “General Discussion”