Newbie Introductions - Sup Fellow Home Slices

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:35 pm

Post by Belisarius »

Posting English so as not to look like a bot to any user-prunes.

I've played one Role Madness game on another forum and had a blast, but I'm still not clear on a bunch of things on how the game's played here so I won't join a newbie game until I do a sod of a lot of reading/locating information. Maybe not tomorrow, but within a week.

EDIT: Upon further reading, it does not appear that I am well suited to this community; I will, however, not allow that to dissuade me as I am a shit judge of character. Perhaps I shall be wrong as usual, and the worst case scenario is that I find myself encouraged to depart after having gained some gaming experience that will serve me well when playing Mafia in a more apposite environment. I still hold out hope that I'll be dead wrong and in years to come I'll come back to this edit and laugh and laugh and laugh.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:27 pm

Post by Belisarius »

In post 1022, Faraday wrote:What makes you think you won't we well suited?

The vibe I get from the guides in the wiki is WIN AT ALL COSTS, nobody likes someone who wastes their breath posting something that doesn't help their team, etc. If I can get laughs without actively harming my team, I'm going to.

Also, I'm annoying.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:46 pm

Post by Belisarius »

Good to hear; I want to play enough games to roll as scum at least once before I play another home game, and that could take a while.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:25 pm

Post by Belisarius »

In post 1043, RachMarie wrote:Belsarius I like your user name. Being a bit of a history buff, I am aware he was a very successful general for Constantinople in the early 500s (under Justinian I believe).

Correct. Also impressive.

For anyone reading this who is undecided about registering, I've done a 180 since starting to play. This site is not only n00b/casual-friendly, it's the most n00b/casual-friendly mafia site I can find. That's coming from a VI.

I think the IC mechanic is a bit broken, but I don't know how to fix it, and abolishing it would do more harm than good.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Post by Belisarius »

In post 1058, zoraster wrote:welcome!

for all those new players, how did you find us?

Eyes on Final Fantasy introduced me to mafia, and EoFF mafia players use the mafiascum wiki as a preferred resource for info on theory. Since they don't have games running at all times, this is the obvious first resource to play between games.

I'm glad, too--I really like how Newbie games are run here. I'm delighted that the bad first impression I had didn't stop me from giving it a shot.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:04 am

Post by Belisarius »

The other threads in the queue forum show upcoming games / games in need of a replacement, sorted by game type (except for large themes). Makes it pretty easy to find a game that fits what any player happens to be looking for.

Return to “General Discussion”