Song Contest 62 - Votes and Behind the Scenes!

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:43 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Entering my colleague's friend's band. They're better than that sentence makes them sound.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:46 am

In post 6, quadz08 wrote:CDB enters U2

My colleagues are football journalists, not footballers.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:52 am

Scenes! Back atcha.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #175 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:03 pm

Venmar: Enter what you like. Being as this is a contest without a stated central goal, some people want different things out of it than others. Personally I prefer discovering new things here but it'll depend on the specific contest whether I give points (or how many) to things that I've heard before which are nonetheless good.
Last edited by ChannelDelibird on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #188 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:57 am

Ireland: This sort of thing is usually right up my street but the voice just isn't working for me.
Serbia: I woke up very tired and cranky this morning; the slightly unhinged backing feels like it's going to turn me insane. Not my thing.
Kyrgyzstan: I wish Ellie Goulding had been around 40 years ago; she might have worked then. Not horrific but I'm simply not interested on any level.
Hungary: No issue with it but fails the iPod test.
Sweden: Completely passed me by. Fine as a relaxation therapy aid but not any more.
Iraq: I'd probably enjoy playing this on Guitar Hero and it's pretty good for what it is; don't think I'd listen to it separately, though, or dig any deeper into the artist.
Angola: Not the sort of thing I usually listen to but I enjoyed this.
Finland: Y'know, it's just there. Fails the iPod test. Imagine it would get grating on second listen.
Tuvalu: Inoffensive and had some of the right ingredients but I was bored.
Japan: Quite interesting but I don't think I'd want to listen again.
St Lucia: As soon as the link opened I thought I was in for five minutes of hell. It wasn't that, at least, but I'm just totally not going for it at all.
France: Alright but the vocals were just slightly more ethereal than I wanted them to be. Might check out more of their stuff if I find myself desperate for new music but probably not.
Slovakia: Seven Nation Army's one that I liked at first (though not as much as the rest of the world, it seemed) but has really lost its appeal through overexposure. Might get some points in this contest, though.
Scotland: Haven't heard much of Train despite liking Drops of Jupiter a lot. This was alright; a bit too earnest. Won't listen again, I don't think.
India: Got better in the second half when there was a bit more variation but I don't think this is really my thing.
Samoa: Sorry, couldn't get into it.
Macedonia: I can see myself trying some more by this lot. Enjoyed it more and more as it went on.
Belarus: I remember reading about this recently and being quite impressed. Don't think it's quite progressed to the stage where I'd want to listen recreationally yet but there are definite traces of things I like in it.
Germany: Better than a lot of recent Germany entries but nothing in here to keep me listening.
United States: A world of no.
Taiwan: Experience of Thom Yorke tells me I'd probably get more into this with a couple more listens. As it is, I found enough to keep me listening 'til the end without particularly enjoying it.
Philippines: Enjoyable-ish but fails the iPod test.
Wales: Close to something I'd like but not close enough.
Palestine: I'm a big Coldplay fan and this is one of my favourites from the album. With a dearth of standout songs from this contest, high points for sure.
Sao Tome: Tried to get into it but couldn't.

Overall, not as many songs that I hated as in most contests but not really many that jumped out at me.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #276 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:57 am

I don't know how to deal with this kind of success. Might fart into my microphone and enter that next.
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “General Discussion”