NFL Football Thread 2013

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #900 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:15 am

Post by Konowa »

I'm not normally a fan of Sally Jenkins work for the Post, however her article today on the government stepping in to change the Redskins name was interesting. I don't know if it actually borders on the whole free speech part but it was interesting to read another view point on the matter. Especially considering that the opinions being said on local sports radio here are becoming repetitive.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #904 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:54 am

Post by Konowa »

In post 902, AGar wrote:To be fair, everything I've seen illustrates that the Redskins are still free to keep the name. Just now anyone and their brother who wants to make knockoff Redskins shirts/gear/whatever can do so.
Isn't merchandising split amongst all the teams? I really wouldn't see the other owners losing whatever profit they could get.
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #907 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:14 am

Post by Konowa »

Rebranding happens quite often, if I'm not mistaken. It's more along the lines of "inventing" that next new jersey, take Oregon football with Nike or Maryland football with Under Armor for example, opposed to anything else. Granted those are two college teams, but I feel that I'm seeing at least one new jersey roll out at least once a year from one of the major US sports at least. NHL rolls out Winter Classic jerseys once a year, for another example.

Return to “General Discussion”