NFL Football Thread 2013

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:41 am

Post by Zachrulez »

The thing I love every year about football is the pundits that always say Chicago will do well. Green Bay may own this division, but Chicago ain't doing anything this year.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:03 am

Post by Zachrulez »

The sad thing is that I'm imagining the Vikings STILL blowing the game on Sunday now.

Surely it's impossible right? But this is the same team that blew a divisional title in it's final game against a horrible Cardinals team in 2003.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:52 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 247, Zachrulez wrote:The sad thing is that I'm imagining the Vikings STILL blowing the game on Sunday now.

Surely it's impossible right? But this is the same team that blew a divisional title in it's final game against a horrible Cardinals team in 2003.
It's great to know those things you think are impossible are actually not only possible, but actually happened...
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:53 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 287, BS2000 wrote:
Benmage wrote:
In post 284, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 247, Zachrulez wrote:The sad thing is that I'm imagining the Vikings STILL blowing the game on Sunday now.

It's great to know those things you think are impossible are actually not only possible, but actually happened...
As a Jet fan.

I'm glad I'm not a Viking fan.. (love u AP)
As a Cardinal fan that final TD in 2003 was awesome.
I actually looked up Nate Poole's stats on wiki the other day, and he only ever got 1 other TD in his entire career. Makes that sting even more. The other thing that stings is the fact that it wouldn't even be a touchdown with today's NFL rules. (Force outs are incomplete passes now.)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:03 am

Post by Zachrulez »

It's funny to watch Vikings fans complain about how bad our offense is when the least amount of points we've scored in the season so far is 24.

The real problem is that we're letting our opponents score more.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:27 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Projections really don't mean that much. Actual points scored do.

What's your situation that you can't consider starting both Cobb and Fitz?

Speaking of fantasy football, in my ESPN league, on the heels of losing Julio Jones there too, someone took the opportunity to offer Sproles, Bowe, and Edelman in exchange for McCoy, apparently thinking I would be THAT desperate for receivers now. After a quick laugh I rejected the trade.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:33 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Well it's up to you whether to listen to the article or not, but I find a lot of written fantasy advice like that to be useless. I'd be starting Randall Cobb over any of those other receivers right now though.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:47 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 344, PokerFace wrote:
In post 340, bubbajack8 wrote:I agree the Texans will lose, but the Vikings? Against the Giants D, all they really have to do is hand the ball to AP.
New QB at NYG on monday night football when NYG has had 1 and 1/2 weeks to prepare given their recent thursday game. This is the best chance NYG has had to get a win this year. AP is amazing but I think they will make the mistake of wanting to use their new QB and that may bite them, if they can't rely on the QB when the clock is ticking, they are in trouble. I think Eli will have a good passing game this time
This game made me very angry. The incompetence of the coaching staff is just incredible to watch. We need our offensive coordinator fired like last year, and same for our defensive coordinator as well. This is just beyond sad now.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 384, bubbajack8 wrote:Am I really trying to figure out if I want to start Manning or Keenum?

Edit: Starting Manning. Kubiak's still out, and Keenum had less points in the second half under the new Offensive cordinator. I think it's going to be the same the next game (since the coaching the same's as last game. Which means another loss for the Texans.
I'm starting Keenum in the MS league, but my alternative is Matt Ryan against Seattle, so it's a much easier choice.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (isolation #9) » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:08 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In this week's Vikings game I learned:

1. That gaining 9 yards is good enough for a first down.
2. That pass interference need not actually have happened to be called. (Was called on Greenway, and the only legit argument was that he might have committed illegal contact if that.)
3. If your knee is down and you fumble the ball, it's a fumble, even after a review shows you clearly down.

Those are in no particular order but yeah, I have to come down on the side of saying that officiating is bull.

Same crew as the championship game against the Saints, surely a coincidence.

I think the NFL really does need to sort it's officiating out. 2 of the 3 things I listed here should not have even had a possibility of happening, particularly in the review era of the NFL. (I'm not even going to fight hard on 2 because pass interference has long been inconsistently enforced.)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:16 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 600, Jake from State Farm wrote:btw, anyone who has picked SF to beat GB, it is going to be negative 5 degrees in GB for the game so you may want to revise those picks lol
I don't think that gives Green Bay an advantage. If anything the weather blunts the passing game, which hurts GB more.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:42 am

Post by Zachrulez »

They both have good running games so it will probably be close though.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:10 am

Post by Zachrulez »

We haven't had a blowout Superbowl in over a decade. I feel like a kid again back when that was commonplace.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:44 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 712, PJ. wrote:
In post 710, Zachrulez wrote:We haven't had a blowout Superbowl in over a decade. I feel like a kid again back when that was commonplace.
Saints-Colts was kind of a Blowout. Giants-Patriots 2 was not as close as the score looked. Bears-Colts was a blowout, and Seahawks-Steelers was not as close as the as score looks, Cardinals-Steelers was not close until the very end.
The most recent game prior to this that I would define as a blowout would be Super Bowl XXXVII
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:14 am

Post by Zachrulez »

The biggest margin of victory in any games in between those two was 14 points. Don't really see that as a blowout.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #761 (isolation #15) » Wed May 07, 2014 4:36 am

Post by Zachrulez »

That's what I always fall back to. At least we're not Cleveland... we just lose to them in the regular season.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (isolation #16) » Fri May 09, 2014 2:08 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Jacksonville taking Bortles surprised me. I expected them to take Manziel. When Cleveland traded back into the first, them taking Manziel didn't surprise me. What probably surprised me the most was the Vikings actually ending up with Bridgewater.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:40 am

Post by Zachrulez »

People can have a pretty powerful association to a brand. Re-branding can be risky in that respect. Why do it when you can simply just push out new jerseys to make your money?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:13 am

Post by Zachrulez »

They'll change the name. (Eventually.) It will be considered an overdue but welcome move. Most importantly it will not end there. Not when you have the Kansas City Chiefs, the Cleveland Indians, the Chicago Blackhawks, ect.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (isolation #19) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:52 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 917, AGar wrote:
In post 914, Zachrulez wrote:They'll change the name. (Eventually.) It will be considered an overdue but welcome move. Most importantly it will not end there. Not when you have the Kansas City Chiefs, the Cleveland Indians, the Chicago Blackhawks, ect.
There have been multiple articles pointing out that all three of those (as well as the Atlanta Braves) are pretty safe in things. Cleveland is probably the most likely to have any issues, and they got out in front of things by starting to phase out Wahoo in the past however many years.

Also, similar articles pointed out that, legally, the patent office ruling simply makes it more difficult for the Redskins to go after infringement. But they still can.

All in all, Snyder isn't going to change the name. Rog isn't going to step in and force him out. The 30 other teams that share on profits for this stuff (Dallas are special little snowflakes and have their own deal) aren't going to step in and force anyone to do anything. The Redskins are going to stay the Redskins, the status quo will remain the status quo, and - quite frankly - people will continue to find seemingly pointless things to bitch about when put in the context of "These guys are out there literally destroying their brains for our live entertainment, and no one in the league seems to give a shit." Yes, Redskins is a highly offensive term for Native Americans. But that pales in comparison to the CTE issue right now.
I don't think the NFL is going to force Snyder to, or force him out, or that Snyder himself will even do it, but he won't own the Redskins forever and the pressure to change the name will continue to pile on.

Return to “General Discussion”