Tell me a story!

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Tell me a story!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:02 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

I'm often bored at work, and coerce whoever is in the site chat lobby to "tell me a story."

Now it's your turn!

The only thing I ask is the following:
  • Spoiler the story so they are easily found in the thread and easier to select on a mobile phone -- or not (JINGLE) :lol: This one really doesn't matter.
  • No "I threw a rock over a bridge. The end." It should at least fall under the definition of a story.
  • The story should be TRUE! :]
  • Try to keep this civil and respectful.

That's all!

NOW TELL ME A STORY. <3
Last edited by EspeciallyTheLies on Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:25 am

HAAAAAAAaaahaha Candice, good! "The Mulder Approach" lol...

(Which reminds me - have you seen the synthetic leaf that converts sunlight/CO2 to oxygen! DEEP SPACE EXPLORATION HERE WE GO!!)
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:35 am

Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:07 am

Alright :P One of my own.

Spoiler: The most wasted I have ever been in my life
This happened about 4 years or so ago, not long after I had just moved out here. I had basically dismantled my marketing company when I left NYC and had decided to go back to school. To accommodate the new schedule, I went back to waiting tables for a bit. After my first couple of weeks, the crew wanted to take me out to celebrate the end of my training to their "usual spot". I didn't have a car at the time (didn't need one in NYC, and didn't even have a license!) so I normally didn't even work that late since the buses stopped running at like 9 pm. My section mate had agreed to take me home IF I went out with them after we closed down the restaurant. Of course I agreed.

It was a Friday or Saturday night, so we didn't get out of there until close to 1:45 am. Bars here close at 2, so we ran over for last call. They ordered for me, telling the bartender that I was new. Two Long Beach Iced Teas (it's a regular LIT, but with cranberry instead of cola). What I didn't realize was that my uniform granted me a PINT GLASS of the stuff, and
so little cranberry juice it was still clear
. I took one sip and I was like, "There is no way I'm drinking this in 15 minutes." The bartender said, "If you can finish one of those in 3 minutes, it's on the house!" So two other girls put straws in and helped me, and we sucked down both of them within about... 60 seconds.

I went from zero to zombie in.. time that I don't even remember. The next thing I knew, we were outside the bar, sitting at the patio tables, talking about... Spiderman or something. Then we were in the bushes. Then I was looking for a shoe. (My shoe? I don't remember) Then I was in a car, but I don't think it was the person who said they were driving me home. Then I was at the bottom of the stairs in my apartment building, yelling up at my boyfriend to help me (at 4 am!) Then I was in the bathroom, with my boyfriend telling me to puke and me trying (and failing I think) to tell him I didn't know how. Then I was laying on the floor in the bedroom, watching the X Files, with my face in a colander for some reason. You know, the thing you drain spaghetti in? My boyfriend said he had to help me out of my uniform after I passed out, and her found a leaf on my ass, and ... I ... still don't know how it got there.

I had to work the next day, with the
most brutal hangover I have ever had
, and I never drank that much ever again.

MOAR STORIES PLZ! <3
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:03 am

wow imaginality - quite the traveler! when he handed you the bottles, you didn't ask any questions? lol..
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:07 am

In post 4, Jordan_Downey wrote:I was very careful to put the steel wool in my right pocket and the batteries in my left.

You apparently did not! :lol:
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:24 am

In post 11, caledfwitch wrote:"Sorry, I don't have any; I already have naturally soft silky lips."

:lol:
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:48 am

Uff! I hate airports and that whole entire hellish air travel process. I would rather drive whenever possible.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:47 am

whoa... that's truly creepy.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #25 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:39 am

wow xay <3 that is such a heartwarming story, and it's really nice to hear about events like this. :]
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (isolation #10) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:52 am

:P I have no idea what that is lol...
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:03 am

LMFAO!!!!!!!
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:31 am

:lol: I love that you found this thread TTH
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:26 am

In post 38, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 5, BipolarChemist wrote:Well my school had an event a few months back, it was called...Sex Toy Bingo.

Since when do schools have events where they give out dildos in bars?

When you go to school in Canada :mrgreen:
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:46 pm

I've never read that story!
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (isolation #15) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:26 am

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww my goodness that is both cute and sad at the same time :( I remember those days. I was probably around the same age when getting into an AOL chatroom was like the prize of the internet. That and AOL music.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:36 pm

LOL!!!! That is too perfect :lol:
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:01 pm

In post 54, Majiffy wrote:
In post 0, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
  • Spoiler the story so they are easily found in the thread and easier to select on a mobile phone :P

Ew, spoiler tags are a pain in the dick on mobile.

And you
always
follow the rules :P
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (isolation #18) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:05 am

LMFAO so much effort to spite your brother lol...
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:15 pm

i love this thread XD all your stories are awesome and wonderful and funny and interesting

<3
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:16 pm

In post 67, sthar8 wrote:
"I like your beard"

"thanks?"

"can i touch it?"

"Uhhhh... sure?"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

my favorite part
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:51 am

Was told I should post these here. Background: Mentioned I remember every single person who was ever a jerk or didn't tip right in the 10 years I worked in the restaurant industry. Here are the stories behind each of those people. :P

EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
Spoiler: I remember every single one
  1. 2000, private seafood restaurant/bar in Chelsea, mid-high price range, semi-formal dining (white table cloth). Upstairs 7 top. The guy paying was a large man with brown suspenders. 6 cokes. Crab cakes. Lobster bisque. Stuffed clams. Oysters on the half. Cheesecake. Bottle service. Check was $210, tipped $1. This was my first serving gig. I was 16 and training with another server. I spilled the wine on myself. I forgot to add the gratuity for 6+. My trainer was not pleased. I cried.

2. 2001, same place. 2 top, lunch. Middle-aged professionals, whiskey/waters, steamed mussels, side salads, lobster rolls. $43, tipped nothing. Complained about having a non-white female server (me) in words that specifically did not allow us to kick them out. Sent back the salads because they wanted them with the sandwiches, but didn't tell me that when they ordered. Sent back the whiskey/waters because there was no ice, even though I asked, "Would you like those on the rocks?" when I took the order and they shooed me away. Total. Douchebags.

3. 2005, tex mex place, east midtown. 4 top, 3 men, 1 woman, quite... ghetto. Nachos, waters with extra, extra lemon and sugar on the side ( :igmeou: ) 4 steaks, well done. $77, paid $80, "Keep the change, mama. You were great." Yeah, my ass.

4. 2005, same place. 2 British women. Two 7/7s and two unsweetened iced teas. Two clubs, one fries, one sub salad with blue cheese. More 7/7s. 3 hour lunch. Saucy old ladies. "Come sit with us, girl, we're lonely!" Chat them up, they love me. $85 worth of 7/7s. Shared sundae. $2 tip. "Have a lovely evening!" Fuck you.

5. 2005, well known pasta place in Chelsea. 50 cent and his posse of 8 come strolling in, and demand we shut down the entire back section during the lunch rush. "Do you know who this guy is?" says one of his crew. (As if celebrities were uncommon in NYC restaurant industry.) O....k.... done. Me and another server share the table, give them stellar service. They love us. Absolutely fucking love us. Everything is great. $450 bill!!! Did NOT add autograt for the 8 top out of respect for celebrity. He left $4. After they left, we were speechless and sat there in shock. Then one of the girls came back a few minutes later and handed us $200. But still... that was pretty tacky.

6. 2007, Times Square mega popular American style bar/grill. 4 top after local high school prom. Sampler app, 4 salads, 4 strip steaks of varying temps - they all came out perfectly. 4 cheesecakes. $127, tipped $4. Fucking teenage motherfuckersdklfal;dkja;

7. 2008, MISSISSIPPI! I was stuck there and had to make some money. Was working for a corporate chain (same American bar/grill), they let me pick up a few shifts. 40th birthday for some woman. She brought 11 of her obnoxious girlfriends. Mudslides and margaritas for the whole table. Constantly. Everything was perfect. They were smiling and appeared to be having a great time. Until the check came. Total was $396, but they wanted it split. Autograt because lol12top. "YOU WHITE BITCH, YOU THINK WE WON'T TIP? WELL WE AINT GONNA NOW!" I shit you not. They called me white. I get the manager, she goes over, talks to the birthday girl, who tells her that they specifically asked for separate checks because they didn't want the autograt.. .... But I thought you said I put it on there because I hate you or something... except you already knew it would be on there.... Manager comped 50% and they tipped nothing. I think that was the original intent.

8. 2010, same American bar/grill chain. Two young people on a date for Valentine's Day (lol.. you brought her here....) Couple of steaks, sodas, shared desert. $32. "Um.. I need to go to the ATM.
    We'll
    be right back." No you won't. "I can't let you both leave. Can one of you stay?" "Um.... yeah..." The girl stays, the guy walks out. The girl looks nervous. The guy comes back after like 15 minutes. They whisper nervously to each other while me and my manager hang at the end of the section (it was near closing). He quickly puts some cash in the check holder, and they scoot out, while I'm walking towards the table. As I reach for the bill thing, they run. The manager magically appears at the door. There was a $5 in there. The girl starts crying. We make the guy do dishes for the next hour. I never got the money but sweet justice. Servers passing the dish area spat at him. I didn't, I thought that was a bit much. But still. He deserved it.

9. 2010, fake "Australian" steakhouse :wink: 4 top, newlyweds and hubby's parents. The new wife orders the filet mignon, medium-well. I ask her if she would like steak sauce. Food comes, and she looks at it like it's the most disgusting thing on the planet. I ask if she would like to cut into to it to make sure the temp is good for her. She says to me, with the bitchiest bitch face, "This isn't fish." Suddenly, I'm confused. That was not the response I was expecting. I am honestly flabberghasted. I don't know how to respond. She repeats herself. Finally, I say, "Yes ma'am. It's a steak." She says, "I wanted the fish." I am fucking speechless. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK TO SAY. So, I say, "Of course. Let me get a menu for you and I'll make sure you get exactly what you want." Fish?! I bring the menu, she points to the item she ordered, on the page with the giant letters at the top that says "Steaks" and the huge picture of slabs of cow on a fire grill. I say, "Yes ma'am, that's a filet mignon, it's a particularly tender cut of steak." I turn the page for her, to the seafood section, "These are all the fish items that we offer. I'd be happy to get anything you like, free of charge. (We had a certain amount we could give away each night.) End of the meal, hubby complains to the manager that I made his wife feel stupid. ............ Full comp. No tip.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (isolation #22) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:38 am

Yes :P it's different in the US. Tipped employees pay taxes on their sales since our gov't cant/doesn't track cash tips. It's expected for a tip for food service to be around 15% of the sale. If your bill is $15 to $20 then $3-4 would be a good tip. There's a whole thread on this :wink:
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:07 am

I NEED MOAR.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (isolation #24) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:34 am

In post 87, phokdapolees wrote:once there was an ugly barnacle

he was so ugly that everyone died

the end

AM I DOING IT RIGHT NOW ETL

no get out. please don't troll my thread.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:42 pm

lol... i am so confused
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies