Gripe about food service!

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Post by zoraster »

In post 372, quadz08 wrote:Ok, question - have you ever been someplace where you left a tip on the receipt (paid with card) and then you didn't get charged for the tip? This has happened multiple times at the same location, and I'm not really sure what to do about it.

have you checked later? sometimes it doesn't add the tip until later.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:51 pm

Post by Konowa »

What ETL said is most likely true.

If I lost a CC slip, and even though I know for a fact I know you tipped XXX, without the slip restaurants are worried about fraud so you have to eat the tip. Meaning reprint the authorization and close it out to whatever the bill was.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:53 pm

Post by Konowa »

Reading the question again though....you're obviously not being overcharged? Is it what zoraster said that you paid $20 for the bill and left a $4 tip and the $4 doesn't show until later, or doesn't show at all?
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:18 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

On my bank account, it shows what was initially charged with "Final amount pending" and the tip shows up like a few days to a week later. If it never shows up, they never took the tip for whatever reason, usually a lost slip.
Art is cool.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:59 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 370, Konowa wrote:???

They clean whatever the cook the meat on with like a metal brush thing, it's common here in san diego but typical they wipe the top off afterward so you don't get metal shards. I just ate it cause fast food also didn't have time to drive back and argue with them.

@ETL, yeah I always wonder why the tip comes out after a day. it's weird.

@Ank Santana's
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

:P cuz the restaurants don't send them until they close everything at the end of the night so they don't even hit the banks until the next day and then take at least a day to process. Putting th tip in the computer doesn't actually go anywhere. It's just for the sales reports for the day.
Art is cool.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:53 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I frequently feel awkward in situations where a tip might be expected. My parents weren't big on tipping, and they wouldn't tip at all if it was "optional". So now I'm an adult, and I don't want to be a jerk to service people, but I have no idea when it is or is not appropriate to tip. Like, some service people depend on tips to survive, and others get paid actual wages and don't expect to be tipped. So then I have to figure out if I'm supposed to tip, and how much. When I get a pizza delivered, I tend to hand dollar bills to the driver until he seems satisfied, because I honestly have no idea.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:33 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 360, Thestatusquo wrote:Majiffy, the way you do this is you tell them what you want and you read the menu.

Just so you know.

I told them what I want by ordering exactly what I wanted.

But you would know that if you read my posts.

Just so you know.

In post 372, quadz08 wrote:Ok, question - have you ever been someplace where you left a tip on the receipt (paid with card) and then you didn't get charged for the tip? This has happened multiple times at the same location, and I'm not really sure what to do about it.

This happens to me almost every time I use my card.

It's really awkward because I try to keep my finances accurate via my phone down to the penny.

In post 381, Sudo_Nym wrote:When I get a pizza delivered, I tend to hand dollar bills to the driver until he seems satisfied, because I honestly have no idea.

I have a hilarious mental image in my head from this.

Thank you.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:12 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Unfortunately you didn't notice that all sandwiches come with lettuce onion and tomato.

Too bad you didn't read the menu.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:40 am

Post by Majiffy »

I didn't order anything off a fucking men-

Swallow the business end of a Glock.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:45 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

See, this is what you don't understand. Everything is off the menu. In the PoS you need to enter in a menu item.

Because menu items sold is how the store keeps track of their inventory. They need to know they've had 10 sandwiches sold of this type so they should have this much swiss left.

Just because you couldn't be bothered to read the menu and were too rude to order something they actually offer is not their fault. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:51 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Also, why do people feel entitled to create their own menu at sandwich places?

This doesn't happen anywhere. There's a line of 20 people behind you brah, just order off the menu. Don't spend 20 minutes fucking crafting your opus of a sandwich to me.

You wouldn't go to a restaurant and be like ok go tell your chefs I want then to make some rice, and then I want 3 pieces of broccoli in the rice and I want onions in there but not garlic and then some chicken on top would be nice, sliced. That's what I want to order. They would look at you like you're crazy. And probably do it, but still resent the hell out of you.

:roll:
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:52 am

Post by zoraster »

i don't know. some places are kind of set up for that. Whichwich definitely does, though it simplifies the process by having you write down the order on your bag.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:55 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Sure. There are places who have based their entire business model on being a completely customizable sandwich. But that's certainly not the norm.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:55 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Sure. There are places who have based their entire business model on being a completely customizable sandwich. But that's certainly not the norm.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:57 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 385, Thestatusquo wrote:See, this is what you don't understand. Everything is off the menu. In the PoS you need to enter in a menu item.

Because menu items sold is how the store keeps track of their inventory. They need to know they've had 10 sandwiches sold of this type so they should have this much swiss left.

Just because you couldn't be bothered to read the menu and were too rude to order something they actually offer is not their fault. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I reckon if I order two types of cheese on a wheat roll anyone with an IQ over 70 might be able to think to themselves "Oh I'll ring it up as a
cheese
sub!"

In post 386, Thestatusquo wrote:Also, why do people feel entitled to create their own menu at sandwich places?

Subway, maybe?

In post 386, Thestatusquo wrote:
You wouldn't go to a restaurant and be like ok go tell your chefs I want then to make some rice, and then I want 3 pieces of broccoli in the rice and I want onions in there but not garlic and then some chicken on top would be nice, sliced. That's what I want to order. They would look at you like you're crazy. And probably do it, but still resent the hell out of you.

I reckon you think someone's crazy when they ask you what kind of salad dressing you'd like and how you'd like your meat prepared, too?

Plus, I didn't go to a fucking
restaurant.
I ordered a goddamn sub from a pizza place.

||
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:04 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Yes. They assumed you ordered the cheese sub. From the menu. Which comes with lettuce tomato and onions. They never in a million years thought that someone would be such an asshole to not even read their menu to determine if they had a cheese sub or not. So they made you a cheese sub. And like the one on its menu, it had lettuce tomato and onions on it. Then you were like omg I didnt want this COMPLAIN ON THE INTERNET.

No, since those are options that come with a meal. If you don't understand the difference between asking for substitutions and asking to completely dictate every detail of your entire meal then I don't know what to say to you.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:05 am

Post by zoraster »

did i miss where majiffy said what restaurant he went to?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:06 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 391, Thestatusquo wrote:Yes. They assumed you ordered the cheese sub. From the menu. Which comes with lettuce tomato and onions. They never in a million years thought that someone would be such an asshole to not even read their menu to determine if they had a cheese sub or not. So they made you a cheese sub. And like the one on its menu, it had lettuce tomato and onions on it. Then you were like omg I didnt want this COMPLAIN ON THE INTERNET.

No, since those are options that come with a meal. If you don't understand the difference between asking for substitutions and asking to completely dictate every detail of your entire meal then I don't know what to say to you.

"Can I have mozarella and provalone toasted on a wheat roll?"
=/=
"I'll have that thing on the menu!" *points frantically*

If they can't comprehend a simple request as 3 basic food items, then maybe they should find a simpler job.
Like... pushing shopping carts. Or cleaning toilets.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:07 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 392, zoraster wrote:did i miss where majiffy said what restaurant he went to?

No, it's just a local pizza shop.

I order from there probably 5 times a week, I was just miffed at the attitude the girl on the phone gave me when I said the order was incorrect.

||
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:07 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

No I'm making wild aspersions against his character whilst knowing actually none of the factual details.

:)

Doesn't hurt that I've been right about everything so far. For instance he admitted he didn't read the menu.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:10 am

Post by Majiffy »

"Right about everything so far"

Right about not ordering a specific menu item does not mean right about the other 90% of garbage you've been espousing.

||
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:12 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

You mean you haven't been gagged by a midget lately?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:13 am

Post by Majiffy »

No, lol.

||
theaceofspades
theaceofspades
Goon
theaceofspades
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by theaceofspades »

In post 386, Thestatusquo wrote:Also, why do people feel entitled to create their own menu at sandwich places?

This doesn't happen anywhere. There's a line of 20 people behind you brah, just order off the menu. Don't spend 20 minutes fucking crafting your opus of a sandwich to me.

that's exactly what restaurants are for.....if i want a guy named norman to sit on my sandwich i would expect them to say something like "well sir, my name is bill, not norman, but i will gladly sit on your sandwich if you want" They're there to provide a service, menus are just for convenience. Why should they complain when you are literally handing them money. Especially since 90% of the time, (and in jiffy's case) you're asking for them to give you
less
product then normal
As the king of all cosmos remarked "is it really fun? or that it let's you forget yourself?"
aceofspades is the worst poster on site and anyone that hasn't got him on ignore is doing themselves a disservice ~N
V/LA weekends

Return to “General Discussion”