UK Eastermeet 2016

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:30 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I'm a maybe at this point. I've been saving money and vacation, and I'd like to travel to England, but it's going to depend on the concrete plans and specific life events that may occur.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #46 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:48 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

How close are we to setting a date? I need to start getting a passport and time off to be ready for Spring.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #63 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:18 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

How much sightseeing are we willing to indulge in? It'd be nice for the natives to show off the nation a bit if I'm flying halfway across the planet, but I don't know what all the plans are, and seeing the people is the main point anyway.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:30 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Well, if the week consists of playing BSG in the English Countryside, I'll consider it a win; getting to see some cool English shit would be a nice bonus, though.

Also, what is your avatar? For a long time, I thought the grasshopper was smoking a cigarette, but it actually appears the grasshopper is playing cricket and knocking one for six up an unsuspecting spider?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #68 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:48 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Blackpool? Try upping the chlorine content.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #76 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:58 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Also, I'm not in the Skype chat. Name is Sudonym2 if you want to add me, whoever is in charge of that.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #78 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:06 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I've been trying to learn some stuff about England. I watched Cricket. This is the worst decision of all time.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #86 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:45 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Okay, I'll play cricket. But instead of wickets, we should use bases. And instead of 2, there should be four. And the field should be a big diamond instead of an oval. And there should be 9 innings of 3 outs apiece. And the bat should be completely round instead of flat on one side. And the ball should have some seams on it, and no bouncing it when you pitch. And also no run ups, and you're allowed to bend your elbow. Should make for a much improved game.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #93 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Passport just arrived. Shit is getting real.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #94 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:04 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Also, it seems I'm not in the Skype chat.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #98 (isolation #10) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:34 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So I'm close to confirming; I'm going to be looking at buying tickets in the next week or two. Here's my plan, in case somebody wants to make helpful suggestions before I plunk down cash:

I'll probably fly out on the 23rd, meaning I'm landing late night on the 23rd or sometime on the 24th. Somebody in the London area (CES? Fen? CDB?) picks me up, gets to hang out with me for the day, showing me whatever it is that's so special about London and can be done in a day (London Eye? Big Ben? Fish and Chips?). 25th, we drive up, spend the week at the meet, have a cool time with cool people. I come back down with whoever's returning in London and is willing to hang out with me until it's time for me to return to Heathrow on the 2nd. Howzat?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #100 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:06 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Oh my god, I just learned that Britons drink their beer at room temperature. I might have to rethink this whole trip.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #105 (isolation #12) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:04 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I don't mind linking up with Chamber- the more the merrier, right? I don't know how bad the jet lag will be, if I'm honest, since I've never been more than 3 time zones from home, and didn't feel much jet lag, then, but London is also a much longer flight, so who knows. I do have a limited number of holiday days to use, though, and I'm trying to maximize them, so I don't know how much earlier I can get. So I don't know how much time or energy I'll have available, but I'd like to try and make the most of it. Some amount of the planning is going to have to be on the fly, perhaps.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #108 (isolation #13) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:51 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Well, plans are not finalized, and I'm not super familiar with English geography, so I'm willing to take advice on that subject. I'm going to have to make way north at some point anyway, if I'm going to make it to this thing.

Which raises another question: how do I get to this thing? Is there a train, or a carpool, or something? I don't necessarily want to drag Fenchurch and CES across the country, as much fun as that might be.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #110 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:25 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Why not? England's a pretty small island, how far apart can things really be?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #112 (isolation #15) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:08 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I assume Cardiff is basically inside London city limits; why else would the BBC keep filming there?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #114 (isolation #16) » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:49 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Taking a train isn't a huge deal, but it's something I'm going to have to plan for if it happens. I won't need to be back here until the third, so I've got the 1st/2nd to get back into London for the flight. Inconvenient, but I looked at flying into Manchester and Birmingham, and there's a pretty substantial price bump there, so we'll see, I guess.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #118 (isolation #17) » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:45 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Just bought my tickets! Wooooooo!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #122 (isolation #18) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:10 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Do I need to book in advance, or is this a buy when I get there deal? I don't know how popular trains are in England.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #123 (isolation #19) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:10 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Also, is Thomas the Tank Engine a viable option, or is he entirely fictional?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #125 (isolation #20) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:47 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I keep forgetting to check Skype- I forgot my login information, so I can only get on from my tablet that has skype on auto-login. I'll check it now.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #133 (isolation #21) » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:24 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I'm flying halfway around the world so that you can lock me in a room? I SEE YOUR GAME
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #135 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:46 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

OMG I'm flying to another continent in 9 days. Holy shit!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #142 (isolation #23) » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:42 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Fenchurch is not a fancy lover.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #145 (isolation #24) » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:57 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Brb, setting up takeaway race.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #152 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I'm not a murderer, but I am the rabbit.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #158 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:11 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

What do we do now? How do we resolve this?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #160 (isolation #27) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:55 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #163 (isolation #28) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:51 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I already miss you guys. We had some great times. But my deepest regret is that, of all the people there, I was the only one to stick a pound coin up their nose.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #168 (isolation #29) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:46 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I suppose my enthusiasm for joining an invitational depends on the nature of it. Is it a game based on the people who attended, or just a game for the people who attended?

Return to “General Discussion”