Song Contest 94 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #28 (isolation #0) » Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:54 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 23, inte wrote:;-; can't submit panda since hitting billboard number 1 spot i'd feel like a faker

Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #58 (isolation #1) » Wed May 04, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by PJ. »

Lots of bands that were sick in 2009-2010.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #68 (isolation #2) » Sun May 08, 2016 7:20 am

Post by PJ. »

@parama: that's not a sample bro. That's B.B King. Not a sample of B.B King. Actual B.B King. Also the guy playing guitar. B.B King. Maybe you've heard of him? He's only the greatest blues guitarist to ever live and basically innovated more guitar techniques than anyone ever.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #70 (isolation #3) » Sun May 08, 2016 9:11 am

Post by PJ. »

Sorry, I tend to handle pretentiousness with condescension. You can hate the song, W/e, who cares. But when you cry about a guy sampling a guy that he actually had in the booth and there is actually not a single sample on the whole track, it makes you sound like
a retard
an asshole.

edit:there parama, feel better now?
Last edited by PJ. on Sun May 08, 2016 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #72 (isolation #4) » Sun May 08, 2016 9:21 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 71, Parama wrote:yeah i'm glad we came to the conclusion that me not knowing this one thing about this one song i don't give a damn about makes me mentally handicapped
If you don't like something, just say it's not for you. That's fine man. Don't give some half-assed excuse like "It has samples in it, I don't like samples". Just say you didn't feel it. That's all you have to say.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #74 (isolation #5) » Sun May 08, 2016 9:30 am

Post by PJ. »

Bhutan – Oh look, it’s more rap.
Well, the sample is solid, but it’s just a sample. I don’t like sampling, by the way. And the sample is literally the entire chorus. That’s lazy as heck.
Musically this is okay, I guess, there’s decent atmosphere to it but
I imagine that guitar is sampled too
, it sounds like it. Also yes there’s rapping. Shocking. (DID NOT FINISH)
bolded everything talking about samples in what you said. It's not sampled. Therefore, you sound ignorant as fuck. One that assumes everything of one specific genre of music is sampled from other "real" musicians, because if you sample you are "lazy as heck" .

Why is it so hard to admit you don't know what you're talking about? Instead of trying to make your opinions sound informed, simply just admit you just didn't like it because you hate rap music and you're never gonna finish a rap track. Which is fine, w/e. But why do you have to be so pretentious?
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #78 (isolation #6) » Sun May 08, 2016 9:59 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 77, Parama wrote:nah it's fine i already said the same thing, just let him be a baby
So correcting some pretentious idiot is being a baby? okay.
Parama wrote:
Bhutan – Oh look, it’s more rap. (DID NOT FINISH)
fixed
perfect
Davsto wrote:Wow it's almost like when listening to a song you can't immediately tell whether or not it is sampled

Plus when, from what little experience I've had, rap songs often have sampled choruses

It's hardly an unfair conclusion for him to make

For you to call him "ignorant" for not being able to tell the difference between two
aurally identical
things is quite silly.
Bunch of false statements up top.

On the bottom, what is it aurally identical to? A sample is aurally identical to non-sampled music? The sample is aurally identical to the music it sampled? I don't understand what your point is here

A metaphor for what parama is saying is, "This cauliflower is bad, i did not finish it because I did not like the texture. I typically don't like food with this texture." but the food he is actually eating is broccoli. It makes all of his pretentious commentary sound even stupider.

edit: this metaphor got away from me, it's very poor.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #83 (isolation #7) » Sun May 08, 2016 11:22 am

Post by PJ. »

I'm not arguing for the virtue of rap music. Rap is pretty healthy, it doesn't need my help. Your primary reason WAS the sampling though(that didn't exist mind you). You spent over half your pretentious little statement on why you liked it talking about the samples that did not exist and went so far as to call it lazy. Which is pretty damn disrespectful considering who it was that you were saying was sampled in and makes you sound ignorant.
In post 79, Davsto wrote:Yes

> Vocals and guitar taken from a track and edited into the song
> Vocals and guitar recorded and edited into the song/played onto the track

Someone who hasn't researched the song and whether it is sampled or not will hardly be able to tell the difference at first listen.
Than what's the difference. If it sounds the same, what's the difference. If it sounds, exactly the same than what is the point of pointing out that it is a sample in the first place?

Also, when it says "featuring BB King" that means it's not a sample. You don't feature a sample.

This is gonna turn into a completely different argument than the point about Parama.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #85 (isolation #8) » Sun May 08, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by PJ. »

No, I'm telling you to stop being a pretentious clown. I don't care if you don't like my entry. I don't care if you have no reason to dislike it, and just do. But to give a reason to make it sound justified, and be incorrect about the objective facts, is not only pretentious but ignorant. I already got my point across but you insist on saying it wasn't ignorant and that the prime reason you stated for not liking it wasn't the prime reason you disliked it now that I called you out on you not knowing what you were taking about. You talk out of your ass most of the time in these contests and probably in general. I simply took note and said something because it was my specific entry.
In post 75, Parama wrote:
Bhutan – Oh look, it’s more rap. (DID NOT FINISH)
fixed
That's all you need to say. Everything else is pretentious fuckwadery. This was the victory. Have a good one.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #87 (isolation #9) » Sun May 08, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by PJ. »

You should, because you don't know what you are talking about.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #89 (isolation #10) » Sun May 08, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by PJ. »

Stating that you don't know what you are talking about after pointing out how you were wrong about objective facts is hardly pretentious. It's merely stating that you are talking out of your ass, and it basically is just threadshitting when you post these big paragraphs of nonsense.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #149 (isolation #11) » Sat May 21, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 148, Song Contest wrote:InflatablePie (Netherlands), Cephrir (Portugal), ChannelDelibird (Mali), The Bulge (Republic of Kugelmugel) and Pala (India) didn't vote, meaning they take a 20-point penalty. Under normal circumstances, I would also ban them from the next contest, but because of the site crash I'm going to modify it a bit this time. Instead of being banned outright from the next contest, all those who didn't vote will be placed in equal priority at the top of the list if and when I need to make cuts in the next contest. That is, if we have more than 26 entries, I will choose among the entries from these people first as the ones who get cut
I think it'd be cool if that was the rule all the time.

Return to “General Discussion”