Chicago Meetup: donezo. .

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:45 pm

Post by pablito »

Depending on my work schedule I may be able to make an appearance. Unsure if I have any capabilities of hosting but not ruling it out if it is needed.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:20 pm

Post by pablito »

Crisp is great drunk food. My fave wing place in the city sober or drunk. South Andersonville also has Hot "G" Dog, which is the spiritual sequel to Hot Doug's, and it's also next door to a bathhouse, leather store, and the only Chicago dispensary. No wait, that doesn't sound like Andersonville at all.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:34 pm

Post by pablito »

In post 166, BROseidon wrote:
In post 164, pablito wrote:and it's also next door to a bathhouse

There's a bathhouse other than Steamworks?

A Man's Country. I honestly thought it was just a leather bar, but turns out it's a bathhouse. Just learned last week from their website.

Andersonville has Mary's Attic as well - plus @tmosphere and Replay (a barcade) just opened up here. If any of that interests any of you.

Hi shea
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:30 am

Post by pablito »

shea, you're quoting my description of many gay establishments and you're also mentioning "daytime exploring themselves". Just so you know.

Chicago has great food and there are some good destination neighborhoods for different cuisines - Devon for South Asian, Argyle for Vietnamese, Chinatown for Cantonese, Lawrence for Korean. Don't have to go to those neighborhoods either just to get those foods, but it can be enjoyable to explore them.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by pablito »

I'm in Chicago, probably only about 10 minutes away from Shea. However, it appears that I will be hosting my own family that weekend and therefore am likely /out for attending and hosting. Need to confirm the information though - but just found out tonight there's a family function for that weekend.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (isolation #5) » Tue May 03, 2016 4:03 am

Post by pablito »

There is now a chance I can make it for Saturday evening and/or Sunday depending if my guests leave Saturday afternoon. Originally, I thought they were staying the entire weekend, but that is likely not the case anymore.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (isolation #6) » Tue May 10, 2016 3:42 pm

Post by pablito »

Douze points Australia s'il vous plait.

Also, I am now free Friday night and Sunday, with a possibility of time Saturday evening as well since my guests aren't staying at my place anymore.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (isolation #7) » Fri May 13, 2016 11:04 am

Post by pablito »

I'm off work and available on the north side right now. Someone please tell me to where should I head now since I'm not attached to any specific team or location.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (isolation #8) » Fri May 13, 2016 11:42 am

Post by pablito »

In post 904, pablito wrote:I'm off work and available on the north side right now. Someone please tell me to where should I head now since I'm not attached to any specific team or location.
Anyone?
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (isolation #9) » Fri May 13, 2016 11:53 am

Post by pablito »

Heading to llamarbles now
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (isolation #10) » Tue May 17, 2016 6:46 am

Post by pablito »

Absolutely an amazing time. Glad my plans changed and I was able to be there as much as I was so I could keep replacing in.

Nice meeting you all. Thanks to you all as well to all the hosts and greyice too.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (isolation #11) » Fri May 20, 2016 11:36 am

Post by pablito »

In post 1082, BROseidon wrote:
In post 1081, GreyICE wrote:The setup is really cool. I love the idea, and I love the fact it's really something that could only be done in person. The physicality of the notes was a really nice touch. I like it when meatspace games do something that virtual games can't (at least not easily).
Something tangential that I noticed re: how meatspace games work vs. online ones.

In meatspace games, you can have private conversations. You can walk around the room and talk to specific people about different things. You kind of have to do it at first, too, since you can't really talk to everyone at the start. It creates this cool effect where bigger games, by default, have dynamic neighborhoods.

This was really helpful in the DN game where Dram was claimed to like me/hiplop/Skrew, and I could just tell Dram who to target without it requiring that everyone know his role.
I agree with bro on the neighborhood effect. I think this is why Mina and I kinda stuck around each other and were tied together in the game after the merge. When I started suspecting her and people suspected us both, I wanted us to be the top targets so that everyone could see how scummy she was, but then in a deadline lynch I went instead.

I was mostly trying to get drunk when I replaced in and didn't know what was going on. I would've gladly accepted a daykill, Iec. I did not want to last that long that game. That being said, I wish I had paid attention, because I would've enjoyed actually thinking about the mechanics if I had looked at the rules in the beginning. Reading the set-up now, it looks great.
Sup, later.

Return to “General Discussion”