Chicago Meetup: donezo. .

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #63 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:27 am

Post by Mina »

/maybe, assuming there's still any space left!
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #71 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by Mina »

quadz08 wrote:
In post 65, Porochaz wrote:She knocked Goofy out at Disneyland.

why have I not heard this story

Why have
I
not heard this story?
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #706 (isolation #2) » Tue May 03, 2016 4:58 am

Post by Mina »

I can bring Arkham Horror if someone really wants to play it, although my general experience is that NO ONE wants to play it. I don't have any of the expansions, though. I also have Balderdash (and an extra copy of Hanabi).
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #729 (isolation #3) » Tue May 03, 2016 10:17 am

Post by Mina »

LLD, did that 1001 nights boardgame ever ship (the one you wanted to bring to the Miami meet--or am I mixing it up with the Sherlock Holmes game)? That sounded amazing, although at this point, it sounds like you're already bringing three suitcases' worth of games.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #755 (isolation #4) » Fri May 06, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Mina »

Have you been talking at all about sleeping arrangements or group activities? I'd really like to see Chicago, but I don't have the slightest idea of where to begin. A bunch of us will be checking into our AirBnB on Thursday evening/late Thursday night--I don't know whether we should meet other scummers who arrive then for dinner or if we should just do our own thing until the meet officially starts on Friday.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #758 (isolation #5) » Sat May 07, 2016 11:33 am

Post by Mina »

I like a mix of everything--museums, touristy stuff, fun structured activities, good restaurants and bars... (I assume there will be plenty of staying in and playing boardgames as well.) I just don't really know what the major things worth seeing in Chicago are. Also, since we're a massive group spread out over multiple locations, we'll probably wind up splintering off most of the time, but it would be nice to do at least certain events together.

(Assuming I wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb or cockblock anyone, I'd be up for the gay village if lots of people are going. :P)
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #768 (isolation #6) » Sun May 08, 2016 10:01 am

Post by Mina »

Some people booked one because space among the hosts was short. There weren't any free that could host more than ten people, though. And we're not supposed to hold parties there or have extra guests, so we still need a main place for people to meet up.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1020 (isolation #7) » Tue May 17, 2016 12:37 pm

Post by Mina »

In post 1002, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1001, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 998, Iecerint wrote:I think you were blue the first game. I was transparently the red spy and just kinda sat on my hands all game.

My recollection is that blue had total control, but the bomb and president kinda remained in the room you and I weren't in at all times, anyway.
oh, that was the first game with MI6 and rival+survivor instead of the second

stealing control of the room on the final round as red the first game and that helping red team to win there felt pretty good though :3
No shade to Cephrir, but it was his first game, and he needed to be able to tell me who the President was, and keep control of his room, but he forgot who it was and couldn't find out and it was sad.

Cause that was an Easy win for Blue the whole time. We had both rooms, and it's easy if he just keeps sending me reds and then sends the president in the last round. :P
I actually told him who the President was (I was blue and role-swapped with Syr), but he didn't see my card properly and thought I was a neutral, so didn't believe me. :(
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1079 (isolation #8) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:41 am

Post by Mina »

Sorry for questioning your use of daykills, Iecerint, because I didn't understand how your role worked. Great game, although being scum with no NK left against a room full of confirmed townies with vigs was very demoralizing at the end.

The Hamilton get-together staved off the post-meet blues for a bit, but now they're back in full force. I miss all of you, and wish I could have had more time to interact with everyone. This is the rare meet where I want to do a write-up for everyone just because there are so many people I didn't give enough attention at the time.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1080 (isolation #9) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:47 am

Post by Mina »

In post 1052, Chevre wrote:Who turned on the faucet in the bathroom on Thursday night?
The ghost of the AirBnB.
Who put the chapstick in the Mafia de Cuba box?
The ghost of the AirBnB.
What happened to the corn and the rest of the groceries?
Some of it was thrown out. But Llamarble adopted the corn! I hope they're loving their new home.
Did Cephrir, hito, Mala, Mina, & STD win their escape room?
Yes!

Return to “General Discussion”