Makeup/Beauty Thread

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Thu May 19, 2016 1:40 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

I just spent $105 on 7 new eyeshadows help me guys i have a problem
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Thu May 19, 2016 6:11 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 7, CooLDoG wrote:don't by $105 dollars worth of eyeshadow.
they're pretty top tier tho
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Thu May 19, 2016 2:52 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

i got some warmer colors this time and two cool colors cos all i usually get is purples and blues and greens

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Sat May 21, 2016 4:02 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Ya brown liner looks like it suits you more than black would cos it softens the harshness of the colour against your skintone. Your skin looks really dang nice too and I am a bit jealous not gonna lie!!
Also let me post a selfie too so its not just you! From last night:
Spoiler: pic1

Spoiler: pic2

I had a lot of fun with this look! It's fairly silly and experimentational but it helped me get the grips with gel eyeliner a bit (it was used for the bigger eye). This was also one of the few times I didn't use mainly sugarpill eyeshadows. The white>yellow>green in the eye decorations was done with the neon palette from BYS. Outlined one side of the black with Sugarpill Mint Soda, and my right eye had it waterlined with the same shadow and my left eye just had the top lid lined with it.

Lips were really fun to do! Used a black lip cream as a base (dont ask the brand i don't remember) and then layered on top (except for around the edges) Sugarpill Royal Sugar, and then on top of that I layered on Sugarpill Lumi. Lined it with a bit of eyeliner cos I don't have black lip liner but they should be the same anyway.

Also I covered one brow cos I thought it looked cool.

My new shadows should arrive over the course of the next few days and I'm super excited!! I will post pics when I get them.

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (isolation #4) » Mon May 23, 2016 4:20 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

NEW MAKEUP
Spoiler: pics

I am in love with the green shadow (called Junebug). It looks so fkn divine on my eyes aaah.
^ISNT THAT NICE

Also the Orange is soooo much more vibrant than the loose neon orange I have already and that makes me really happy :) Looking forward to using the neon yellow too!

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (isolation #5) » Mon May 23, 2016 7:28 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

You seem to have the hang of eyeliner now which is really great cos it complements ur eye shape a lot. I think you'd do well with trying out brown liner also cos it would look nice against ur skintone.
The brows are a good colour, maybe it's the pic tho but your left brow seems to be filled in more (I think it has the better colour ftr). but ofc this is just nitpicky technique stuff. You might also consider trying to shape your brows differently too? I think it's worth a shot, but it's not necessary as it is.
I'd also wonder if you would consider experimenting with waterlining and also doing mascara on ur bottom lashes (I always do a couple of small swipes on my bottom lashes cos I think it makes my eyes look extra fem and also reasonably stand-out-ish).
I think for the most part you've got this look down pat now and from here on its about experimentation with what to do and where to put things and how you do it. I am keen on seeing where you go from here!

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:49 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

i want to look into experimenting with non-red/nude lippys but me being me i want to splurge on some real good shit, like jeffree star or something. I want to kick it w/ a nice deep blue lippy actually. In the meantime i could always fool around with eyeshadow on my lips i guess,

idk i need some inspiration rn i guess

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:53 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

fuck caring about even wings just wear the unevenness with pride

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

finally got contouring stuff, using powder, results are decent :)

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (isolation #9) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:52 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

I'm not too proficient in the area. I assume it depends on how well you blend it out and also if you use cream or powder. Powder should be quicker, just brush it on and blend it out quickly with the brush. Cream would take longer though cos generally you would use a beauty sponge to dab and blend it all, which takes some time (maybe you can get finger blendable contour creams though, idk). As long as you try and remove any harsh lines it shouldn't look too bad, you might need to check out tutorials though for what you want to do specifically, however, as I wouldn't really be able to tell you myself.

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (isolation #10) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:13 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 32, caledfwitch wrote:
Spoiler: the only good part abt this was the lips

@ommy do u think i can pull off red lipstick casually
oops i meant to respond to this earlier but i forgot sorry
I think you can pull off a nude red lippy. its hard with red lipsticks in general cos they're very much a statement piece. red lippys grab the attention very easily. you gotta downplay the red so you don't draw a huge amount of attention to it i think. unless you wanna wear a bold red lippy casually in which case fuck yeah werk it gurl, do what you want. just please dont do that weird nude, almost concealer colour lip trend that i see so many people do here cos it's kind of bad

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

ya ya v nice omg

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:06 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

:oooo

are you gonna do a cute look with this new haul soon??

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:32 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Spoiler:

im loving this so much
looks x2 better on a screen with good colours tho

can u believe this was the first pic i took

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (isolation #14) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

hi stopping by to show off some cool stuff i've been doin lately

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

im findin my creative voice a lot more now and it's exciting for my makeup prospects
please feel free 2 follow my insta @omofthenom since I've been posting them all there when i do them :)

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (isolation #15) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 70, caledfwitch wrote:ommy all ur looks are FIRE..... ur my Role Model
ty boo <3
In post 71, Sudo_Nym wrote:Om, I wish I had even half of your game.
you can get it!! just keep trying and experimenting :) its what im doing. but you can get contact deets from me if u want tips/inspo/encouragement? im happy 2 help out :)

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (isolation #16) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:07 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

hey, tbh i can't do eyeliner that well either, tho i actually do all my eyeliner now with eyeshadows and an angled brush (much easier application at the cost of a slightly more faded colour than if you used a liquid). if you struggle with using pencils consider the eyeshadow+angled brush trick.

but anyway, man who cares about perfect makeup tho. its overrated! and it makes us feel sad about having less than perfect makeup. embrace the quirks and "mistakes", yo. this is a world where so many people have more experience and more polish than you, so dare to be different and dare to be rough around the edges and dare to try new things and out of the box looks cos thats where you find your individuality and thats where you begin 2 shine on ur own. wear ur mistakeup with pride, gurl

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (isolation #17) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:41 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 75, Sudo_Nym wrote:I wish I had your confidence. I wouldn't mind knowing what the eyeshadow/angled brush trick is, though.
Just get eyeshadow in any colour (but lets start with black) and apply it with the angled brush (they look like this if u dont know) and since its a brush you can get a fairly good amount of control (that might be my painter side speakin) and the length of the brush line compared to the point of a pencil makes it easier to kind of plan out things. it takes a bit of maneuvering to get curves but if you dab on eyeshadow a little bit at a time rather than going through in one swoop to begin with, you can kinda plan out where the line goes first. it helps me a lot for my wings (which i tend to do as a straight line with a lil flick at the end) because i can just go from the corner of my eye and draw up and out and then fill it in. Pencil takes committment to the line since it shows up less if you try and sketch as opposed to really go for it, so with a brush+shadow you can afford to be a little hesitant. Not to mention that pencil moves the skin around a lot if you press hard enough for it to show but with a brush you can be lighter on your face.

And plus, you use eyeshadow instead of liner (which usually comes in neutral tones and the occasional blue/red/green) so you can effectively use any colour you want as liner (which is very very fun if you have a huge selection of colourful eyeshadows like me :) )
In post 76, Brandi wrote:Whenever I finally get the money to support the brand I want, I'm going to actually try to learn how to makeup. It's a beautiful artform, and people like Om keep inspiring me. ;w;
I dunno what brand ur talking about, but please check out sugarpill if you haven't already. They're vegan/cruelty free and the eyeshadows are wonderfully pigmented (as evidenced by my pics). They also have some lash sets, some brushes and some lipsticks too so there's more than just eyeshadows. Might be a teeny bit pricey compared to any old drugstore makeup but it's very worth it if you love colourful makeup over neutral tones.

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (isolation #18) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:02 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

I spent like $300 on a single makeup order last week (so hyped) and am also now enrolled in a cinemagraphic/SFX makeup course for this year, high hopes for my makeup future lets celebrate. Need to do more creative looks soon and just have fun with it. Got some makeup idea books for Christmas, I'll sit down and have a real look through them for ~inspiration~

Return to “General Discussion”