Oman's Invasion 2.0 HYYYYPE

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Oman's Invasion 2.0 HYYYYPE

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Post by Oman »

SEP16 EDIT: IT'S ON 2.0 CHECK PAGE 27

Hey guys, I'm leaving my job and going back to uni, and I'm getting a pretty good payout for it. I'm thinking of using a little of that money (that I don't need for university nestegg) for a trip to the US that I've been promising people for YEARS!

Looking at going 27 Jan 2015 to 07 Feb 2015, depending on work/uni. Uni starts 09 Feb, and while I tehcnically leave my job 08 Feb, I've got a bunch of leave to burn.

Here are the guidelines I have:

Just over a week to spend there.
Wanting to do it on the cheap!
Happy to utilise any form of public transport required

Things I'd like to see:
I love learning about history
I love bars/breweries with character
Would like to see San Francisco
Going to the Commune is a MUST!
Am limited by money and time to probably just the East Coast.
I am considering a chicago stopover for a few days just to see Shea and I think UT (or is he in the South. I've forgotten sorry buddy).

But nothing is required, it's all just ideas.

Note that 31 Jan is my birthday :D

OCTEDIT: Update page 5 onwards.

MAR13EDIT: Late page 8

SEP14EDIT: Page 10
Last edited by Oman on Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:15 am, edited 36 times in total.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:14 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Well, Portland here has the Shanghai Tunnels, which were used by Chinese Pirates for smuggling goods and kidnapping people. It'd give me an excuse to finally take the tour; I here it's quite interesting. Plus, jeep, Ythill, and myself are all in area, plus some others, possibly. I'm sure we'd be happy to meet up with you.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:59 pm

Post by Oman »

Wikipedia wrote:Today, with twenty-eight breweries within the city, Portland is home to more breweries than any other city in the country.
I'm there! And any town called "Stumptown" sounds like a good place to go.

The only issue is that it's so far NW, which just means I'll have to plan to either enter there or depart from there, depending on the rest of the flow.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:18 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

You can always come through/leave through Seattle, which I'm sure also has stuff.

I should mention that that count only includes the big breweries. If you count microbreweries, then we have more than any other city on the planet.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:20 am

Post by PokerFace »

last december i went to vegas. Should the players club that hooked us up with a deal then do it again I'll let you know. Otherwise I probably won't get a chance to see you when you invade. Either way this sounds pretty cool and I hope you enjoy your stay in america and have tons of fun when you get here.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:28 am

Post by Netopalis »

Oman: Obviously, you MUST see DC and NYC. Although I've never been to NYC, if you're a history buff, DC is a brilliant city. The Smithsonians are amazing, the US capitol is beautiful and the city has a really unique, somewhat sarcastic culture. Some people hate DC, but I really love it...Plus, if I remember right, TSQ and several other scummers are there? Probably?

Another good thing is that they're connected by AMTRAK, which is usually a pretty cheap way to travel, and it also takes you through some scenic locations that you normally wouldn't see if flying. You might want to consider getting an AMTRAK 30 day pass and just doing a circuit around the country.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:34 am

Post by Oman »

I've actually stripped Vegas off. In my haste I forgot that I'm likely to be there with work in a year or two anyway. Sounds like an idea in Seattle.

If I enter Seattle, travel south to Portland, then through to 'Frisco. From there across the South Coast, if I find anything that way, or I might just fly over to the SW and see what's that way, that would allow me to knock over the west coast pretty easily.

Portland has an awesome flag by the way.

RE: DC/NYC. Sounds great. A mate of mine went to NYC and got shot in the first week there, but I'm sure I look poorer. DC sounds just awesome, I can't believe I forgot to put the Smithsonian on my list.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:01 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

:(

I am soooooo stuck in Michigan for the following year.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:08 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Seconding Portland/Seattle as a great place to start/finish. I also think Amtrak is likely to be the only rational way to go (I know you said unlimited funds, but their 30-day pass is too good to miss; an Aussie friend of mine did the same kind of tour several years ago and loved it).

I'd much more strongly recommend Boston than NYC, but that's because NYC was a total blur to me, and confusing as fuck. Boston I *understand*, and can navigate pretty well. YMMV. Thirding D.C. though; the monuments and museums alone make it worth it.

If you happen to cross through KC on your way (meaning you don't take the SLC-Denver-Chicago route), we'd be happy to show you around our island of Interesting in the midwest. ;) Plus that way you can hit St. Louis and the Gateway Arch, too...

If you've got time, New Orleans is still a fascinating city, despite the ruin visited on it in 2005.
Retired as of October 2014.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:last december i went to vegas. Should the players club that hooked us up with a deal then do it again I'll let you know. Otherwise I probably won't get a chance to see you when you invade. Either way this sounds pretty cool and I hope you enjoy your stay in america and have tons of fun when you get here.
Spoke with my buddy jay who is in players club that hooked us up with the good accomidations deals. they probably won't do that again next year. You seem to be skipping it next year anyway so its all good. When you do go to vegas i wish you good times and i wish you good times when you are out west and hope you enjoy yourself next year.

When you do come to america in december i suggest you watch weather reports as weather could be bad and evil as i hate snow
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:05 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I would take you to the Air and Space Museum!

http://www.nasm.si.edu/
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:19 am

Post by Ythill »

Nice to see that S_N is already acting as ambassador. If I'm still in Portland then (likely), I'll definately want to hang out and can offer crash space if you spend the night here.

It's true that Portland has more breweries than any city in the world. We also have more strip clubs. Beer and naked girls, how can you go wrong?

I'd suggest touring the coasts since you only have four weeks. Seattle to San Diego in the west and Boston to Savanah in the east. The east coast has more history, the west has more breweries. The middle of the country is less interesting but I'd recommend New Orleans. If you like getting out in nature, there are also some awesome parks north of the Grand Canyon. Though it's less populated, I really enjoyed following the Lewis and Clark trail. Once you have a better idea of your itinerary, I'll suggest specifics.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:39 am

Post by Drench »

omanscum 10:47 pm
guys
I'ma go scummerhunting in the US
glmole 10:48 pm
and bring them back for us right
omanscum 10:48 pm
nah
gonna lay eggs in their stommach
and invade that way
join your union
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:49 am

Post by Oman »

elvis_knits wrote:I would take you to the Air and Space Museum!

http://www.nasm.si.edu/
Yes, a thousand times yes! I would love to see that.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:54 am

Post by AniX »

If you come to the Bronx/NYC area during April or May, You can meet the actual Mayor.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:05 am

Post by jmj3000 »

Seattle to San Diego in the west and Boston to
Savanah
in the east.
Ythill beat me to mentioning Savannah. History? Check. Go anywhere downtown and ask about the history of the place, and you will find a lot of the buildings are left over from the civil war, and a few from the revolutionary war. If you are into the supernatural (like ghosts and hauntings and the like) we have that too. Most of the stuff is reasonably priced, and there is public transit to anywhere you want to go. I don't know how many scummers we have in Savannah (besides me), but I'm willing to show you around, and I'm sure any of my fellow scummers from Savannah wouldn't mind.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:10 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I'm no longer in Seattle or I might have made it for a night (though I don't drink you can always use a designated..bus rider).

If you're on the East Coast don't forget to spend a day in Philly. Lot's of history there. And you must eat the soft pretzels. I know everyone talks about the cheesesteaks, but by now the soft pretzels really are the only thing that you can't find outside of the region. There should be pretzel carts on every street corner downtown.

Anyway have a great trip, sounds quite exciting.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:36 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Oman I can legally drink by the time you come to drink. Let's go hit up some bars together.

EDIT: I could totally meet up with you in NYC if you are there.
Last edited by scotmany12 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:46 am

Post by Ythan »

Oman wrote:I'm there! And any town called "Stumptown" sounds like a good place to go.
Until you're the only lynchable around.
Cliquey
Cliquey
Goon
Cliquey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:10 am

Post by Cliquey »

Ythill wrote: It's true that Portland has more breweries than any city in the world. We also have more strip clubs. Beer and naked girls, how can you go wrong?

Pretty sure Salem beats Portland as far as prostitutes though, elected officials and all.

But don't go to Salem, Portland is much better.
I make accounts and PM people so they can feel popular and loved
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:36 am

Post by hasdgfas »

April 2011 I'll still be here at Michigan State, but feel free to stop by if you're in the midwest that time of the trip. There's always history at a University, along with the fact that you can see a college town bar(or at least bar-like restaurant).

If you can't make it that way until may, that's basically graduation time for me, and since I have no way of knowing right now what I'm going to do afterwards, can't offer a meeting.

But you coming here would be pretty cool, as I know there are a couple other scummers here as well.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:52 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

I should drive to MSU and bug cow one of these days. i mean...its not that far away >_>
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:15 am

Post by hasdgfas »

crywolf20084 wrote:I should drive to MSU and bug cow one of these days. i mean...its not that far away >_>
That's true, it isn't far away. Although my room isn't exactly presentable.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:21 am

Post by Netopalis »

I need to go to Savannah one of these days - it's only an hour-and-a-half away...
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:33 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

If I were to meet you in NYC, I could help you get around. It's an effing grid ffs, flay.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner

Return to “General Discussion”