RISE OF THE UNICORN BRETHREN

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2850 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:18 am

Post by Rhinox »

So as awesome as all that unicorn FOTUS stuff is, I'm very much considering selling it on Ebay. You know there are people spending up to $200 just for the codes?? And if I were a betting man, I'd gather that sometime in the future, that stuff will attainable to everyone for a lot less than $200.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #2851 (ISO) » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:11 am

Post by UberNinja »

Of course it will. It'll be a $10 download by 2013, knowing M$. ;)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2852 (ISO) » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well you do what you feel is best rhinox

Because of Halo 4's eminent release I decided awhile back to perfect as many of my old games as possible. Basically a get them off my to do list before halo 4

I perfected
Halo Reach
Scot Pilgrim vs world
Watchmen 1
Minecraft
Watchmen 2 - only co-op achievement left - might have to finish shortly after 4's release given time constaraints with my teamate
Halo anniversary - only library under 30m on legendary left

I will likly see how many achievements I can get in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 though I won't perfect that one in time
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2853 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:38 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Yeah weren't the flaming helmets part of the reach legendary edition? And those were given away about a year later. Hopefully we can find something close to a unicorn in the meantime, or something equally good.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2854 (ISO) » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:25 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yes but the flaming helmet thing was only open to all for a limited time. I got my copy of Reach for free when I got my first xbox live gold subscription in 2011 (Was sharing with a brother before then). There was some special xbox had back then that let you get Reach and a gold membership for just 60 which meant one of the 2 was essentially free. But sadly by the time the game was shipped to me, the flaming helmet deal was over
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2855 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

Halo Anniversary..... PERFECT! with a few days to spare. I'm ready for Halo 4!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2856 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Post by Rhinox »

3 more halo 3 levels in 3 days and I will have successfully completed the entire halo campaign. Every game including halo wars in chronological order in preparation for halo 4 :)
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2857 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Halo 4!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2858 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:08 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 2857, Oversoul wrote:Halo 4!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2859 (ISO) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:10 am

Post by Rhinox »

Probably gonna pick up at midnight but probably won't play until tomorrow.

Gotta work out the Xbox license transfer protocol.

I did finish the campaign marathon though. I'm ready!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2860 (ISO) » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Played through first 3 levels of campaign after work tuesday. I like most of the gun changes and additions except for the boltshot. I'm waiting to be impressed this early into it
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2861 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:34 am

Post by Jahudo »

Yeah so far I've been avoiding the boltshot when I can. Tapping it feels like a less powerful magnum and holding it is like a less powerful shotgun.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2862 (ISO) » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

They took the halo 2 magnum and combo-ed it with the mauler of halo 3 and made it look like the mauler of perfect dark

If it were a good charge pistol, the covies would not still use the plasma pistol when they joined with the forerunners

If it were a good shotgun, the forerunners would not have needed to make the scatter shot

You guys can call yourselves an advanced race, but I question your sobrity for coming up with that gun
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2863 (ISO) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:35 pm

Post by Jahudo »

I feel bad about a game I just finished. It was a big team battle on exile, it had just started and I raced to the scorpion.

I realized no one else was moving in the radar, enemy or friendly, and once I got to the other base they were all just standing there. I figured my game had crashed so I killed them all for fun and drove around waiting until I got sent back to the lobby screen.

Except the game didn't end, and people started connecting and moving around. By that time I was back to their base and got a second killtrocity, somewhat more legitimately. I ended up going 36 and 6 without much effort, but I feel like the whole match was ruined by that start.

https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo ... 4de19b709e
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2864 (ISO) » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yes, the netcode for this game is pretty ass

I also wish you could record the spartan ops games in theatre.

https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-us/Halo ... 1eea75680d
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #2865 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:39 am

Post by UberNinja »

I played through Halo 4 last night and I really liked it. It was Co op on normal and we beat it in about 4 hours (we were fucking around and killing each other a lot)

Then I went through Level 1 solo Legendary... I'm going to do the campaign solo Legendary and see how that goes. I bet it's hard as fuck... dammit 343 Industries...
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2866 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:03 am

Post by Rhinox »

I don't understand how its possible to go through the campaign in 4 hours, even on coop... do you skip cut scenes? just run past everything? My first solo playthough on heroic took me over 12 hours of playtime (can't get the precise time because my xbox live disconnected during the last level so I don't have my time for that in my stats), and I didn't die too often. And I wasn't exactly dragging my feet either.

So far on legendary, I've beat the first 3 levels solo, and I'm already up to 5 hours and 46 minutes of playtime. The first level was cake, it only took me 6 minutes longer than my heroic playthrough (56minutes). Both of the next 2 levels took me 2:27 and 2:23 respectively. If my heroic times are any indication, the remaining 5 levels should all take about the same, so I'll end up completing solo legendary in about 17 hours total playtime.
HamboBlank
HamboBlank
Watcher
HamboBlank
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2867 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:36 am

Post by HamboBlank »

We (Me and FruitLoop) played through on release night and got through 5/8 missions in about 4 hours, then finished it in another 2-3 hours. That was on normal as I don't see FruitLoop playing Heroic for long periods :P I found it far too easy in co-op. I am pretty sure they didn't do what they did in Reach where the more people you had playing the more enemies of every type there was.

That first level on Legendary is done for me, and I feel it isn't as hard as Reach. May put do LASO including blind just to make it feel like I am Chief and I am fighting hundreds of Covies/forerunners.

Along with that do you find it strange how guilty spark went on about how MCs armor was sub-par compared to forerunner armor in one of the old games. Yet you can plow through Prometheans - made by the Didact in this game?
HamboBlank
HamboBlank
Watcher
HamboBlank
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2868 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:09 am

Post by HamboBlank »

So you all know how 343 said that there would be some special surprises at SR130 (if you didn't you now do)

Someone has reached SR130
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_pos ... R-130.aspx

Looks like an absolute joke, you get one emblem foreground and one background... That's it... That's worse than Reach by over 9000.

Also the last specialization you choose is the one that is stuck to your nameplate, you can't change it.

Woot! Glad I am not gunning for SR130 now, so sad.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #2869 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:48 pm

Post by UberNinja »

It might have been 5 hours. I'm not sure. It was pretty quick. Two players on Normal difficulty... you can bet that'll be pretty easy. One of the levels he flew a Banshee through and got to the end cutscene quickly. We did not skip cutscenes.

Too bad about SR130 :(
Hope they patch that... cuz... =\
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2870 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

I already went through co-op legendary. was not hard, no idea how long it took, did not time. I am staggering my legendary solo campaign walk through. They have been doing weekly challenges for a level solo on legendary for each week the game has been out. I figure might has well beat it at the time I get the credit bonus for it. 2 for 1 special for the win

I did manage to find some practical moments where the bolt shot is actually good or heavily exploitable. Get Close range and charge. If no kill then punch or headshot for the kill

They should fix the 130 issue but honestly I am amazed someone would play that much already.

Sadly I am becoming under impressed by the game the more I play it. The netcode lags worse than any previous halo, the spartan oops plot has seemed subpar and repetative. I never read the books but I saw the campaign ending miles away.
During the requiem mission intro cortana sounds defeated. Chief insists she gets fixed but cortana sounds like she has already accepted death. Her sacrificing herself comes as no surprise as a result. You guys find that ending emotional and sad? It did not really entertain me.
Only thing I believe they did right was make each old gun better than they used to be and add some rather interesting new character abilities. But once you get the guns and abilities you like the most, is there really a point? If its so laggy you can't use the power, what's the point of having it? Halo 4 felt like a fun game at first but I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that if it was not a halo game, I would not be playing it.
HamboBlank
HamboBlank
Watcher
HamboBlank
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2871 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:24 am

Post by HamboBlank »

I have to say this now before you read below, I love this game it is very addictive and I will keep playing it. Not because I am a fanboy but because underneath all the nitty-gritty below the game is extremely well balanced, the maps a fresh and vibrant, and the story has set up well for the next two games. Everyone has to remember: first game in a planned trilogy, they have laid the groundwork and how do you all know what you saw was actually what happened?

I agree to a level. The game seems extremely rushed even though they had as long as they wanted to release it because we weren't expecting it.
-They didn't do a beta, yet from what has happened with the net code to all the glitches that were found within 2 weeks they should have.

-Their stats page was horribly buggy for the first week, also not allowing you to view other people's information properly till last week.

-Their flagship gametype Regicide is a failure in my opinion as the mathematics involved in the scoring seems to have been done by the art department. The whole point of the game and how to win = be good, but not too good or you'll be king with now shield and a marker over your head... boom! headshot.

-The experience earning, specializations and double-xp was not thought out and they probably had the same department working the mathematics of this area as they did with regicide. How can you make 130 levels that are able to be eclipsed in 23 days if someone wanted to. Reach to 8 months to have it's first legit Inheritor.

-Forge, dynamic lighting = awesome concept/theory but as soon as you use 30% of you allowance to make a map the dynamic lighting begins to glitch out and stop working.

-Forge, precision control and zoom removed.

-Join in progress, with no toggle switch. They hadn't thought that out, or even thought to improve what COD had experienced as problems. They could have taken that idea and run with it if they didn't allow you to join games 3 kills from the end, or have games start with one team.

-Mantis, awesome concept poorly executed - takes upwards of 2 and a bit Splasers to kill it (without help, has happened in more than one game to me) and what's worse it spawns 15 seconds after it is destroyed... You take your mantis out into the battlefield see its going to blow up, hop out, throw a grenade at it, start running back to your base and you have a fresh new mantis...

-No stats API, file search, or visible skill rank all which make the community stronger by increasing creativity and competitiveness.

- Still no reward for winning, and no incentive to remain in a game.

As I said, this game is awesome just really poorly executed. So many good ideas that could have worked well but just haven't worked as well as they did on paper. This game still has a good chance at succeeding as they are bringing skill based ranks in January, and the fact that they have an amazing team constantly updating any glitches found each week.

I just wish we weren't playing the public beta and actually got a polished game.
HamboBlank
HamboBlank
Watcher
HamboBlank
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2872 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:28 am

Post by HamboBlank »

Thanks for the games Rhinox and Jahudo, t'was a real good time :)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2873 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:32 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 2872, HamboBlank wrote:Thanks for the games Rhinox and Jahudo, t'was a real good time :)

Agreed! Its been too long since I've played with the unicorns. I plan on playing more regularly now :)

Most of the issues people have been complaining about have been either over-sensationalized IMO, or I just haven't experienced them at all. Hamish I think you've been spending too much time reading the hate threads on the halowaypoint forums :P
HamboBlank
HamboBlank
Watcher
HamboBlank
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2874 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:42 am

Post by HamboBlank »

In post 2873, Rhinox wrote:
Agreed! Its been too long since I've played with the unicorns. I plan on playing more regularly now :)

Most of the issues people have been complaining about have been either over-sensationalized IMO, or I just haven't experienced them at all. Hamish I think you've been spending too much time reading the hate threads on the halowaypoint forums :P

I have been trying to remove myself from that forum because people do go overboard, and can't stand the complain :P. I know my above post may seem OTT, but those are from personal experiences even the forge! Its the reaction of the community and their sensible ideas that makes games better :)

As I said in that post and last night, the balance in this game with the guns, armor abilities and everything else is actually amazing.

And yes you must, Jahudo too! Hopefully we can sort out some of the cool customs from Reach for 4 cause they made Game Night fun too :)

Return to “General Discussion”