Characters, Characters, Characters

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
VinnyQ
VinnyQ
Watcher
VinnyQ
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:59 am

Post by VinnyQ »

... and I thought it might be fun From the top of your head, name as many characters as you can from 1.  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (TV)2.  Smurfs (TV)3.  Quest for Glory (PC Game)4.  Simpsons (TV)Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge, Chief Wiggum, Store Owner Apu, Religious Guy Flanders, along with his family, Todd, Rod, Maud,  Fat Tony and his goons, Dr. Hibbert, Carl, Lenny, Moe the Bartender, Barney the Drunk, Mr. Burns, Mr. Smithers, Maggie, The Seaman, Otto the Busdriver, Proffessor Frink, Snake the Criminal, Princibal Skinner, Milhouse, Groundskeeper Willy, School Bully Nelson, Retard Ralph, Teacher Krabopple, Mayor Quimby, Gramp Simpson, Patty and Selma (Pika)Krusty the Clown, Sideshow Bob, Sideshow Mel,Itchy, Scratchy, and Poochie unless they count as Itchy and Scratchy Show characters, Reverend Lovejoy, Jimbo, Kang and Kodos the aliens, Dr. Nick  (Chuck)5.  Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Movie)6.  Douglas Adam's Hitchhiker Guide to the Galaxy Series (Book)7.  [deleted] =P8.  Disney's Duck Tales (TV)good guys:Huey, Dewey, Louie, Uncle Scrooge, Webigail (Webby), Mrs. Beakly, Launchpad McQuack, Fenton Crackshell? (aka. Gismo Duck), Fenton's mom, Professor Gyro Gearloose, and the tubby little boy in the Junior Woodchucks with the triplets. Donald Duck, semi-frequent guest star.   Duckworth the butler, Goosey Gander (Scrooge's incredibly lucky nephew).  Launchpad McQuack was created to replace Donald in most of the adventures, and Nanny and Webby were created to add female interest.  Later, Bubba Duck and Tootsie were added to inaugerate another season, followed shortly by Gizmoduck and related characters.  bad guys: the Beagle Boys (at least a dozen, though I don't remember any of their names), Ma Beagle, Flintheart Glumgold, and Magicka deSpell.(cubestudent)9.  Disney's Chip Dale Rescue Ranger (TV)10. Monkey Island Series (PC Game)12.  The Princess Bride (Movie) Weasley, Indigo Montoya (Arminger)
If you surrendered to the air, you could ride it. -- Toni Morrison
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:10 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

1.  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (TV)Krang, Shredder, Leonardo, Donatello, MichaelAngelo, Raphael, Master Splinter, Beebop, Rocksteady, The Neutrinos, Miss April, KC Jones, The Rat King, the ninja foot goons2.  Smurfs (TV)Papa smurf, Gargamel, Smurfette3.  Quest for Glory (PC Game)I know none4.  Simpsons (TV)Im not going to even bother, as im sure some of you freaks will even name season 1 guest characters5.  Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Movie)Not bothering either, see above6.  Douglas Adam's Hitchhiker Guide to the Galaxy Series (Book)Never read it.I guess I just wanted to show off my TMNT knowledge. =0)Go
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
pikachamp
pikachamp
Townie
pikachamp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2002 12:05 pm

Post by pikachamp »

simpsonsHomer, Bart, Lisa, Marge, Officer Wiggum, Store Owner Apu, Religious Guy Flanders, along with his family, Todd, Rod, Maud, Reverend ... (get back to you), ;Fat Tony and his goons, Dr. Hibbert, Carl, Lenny, Moe the Bartender, Barney the Drunk, Mr. Burns, Mr. Smithers, Maggie, The Seaman, Otto the Busdriver, Proffessor Frink, Snake the Criminal, Princibal Skinner, Milhouse, Groundskeeper Willy, School Bully Nelson, Retard Ralph, Teacher Krabopple,
Chuck
Chuck
Goon
Chuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2002 1:57 pm

Post by Chuck »

Krusty the Clown, Sideshow Bob, Sideshow Mel.Itchy, Scratchy, and Poochie unless they count as Itchy and Scratchy Show characters.And I think it's Reverend Lovejoy.
pikachamp
pikachamp
Townie
pikachamp
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:40 pm

Post by pikachamp »

correctthere's also:Mayor Quimby, Gramp Simpson, Patty and Selmabtw, i think that with this many names, you can give every townie a name, even if they don't do anything
Chuck
Chuck
Goon
Chuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2002 4:24 pm

Post by Chuck »

There's a Jimbo who is a member of Nelson's gang. ;I can't remember his last name.
cubestudent
cubestudent
Townie
cubestudent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:05 pm

Post by cubestudent »

TMNT: isn't it Krang rather than Kang? IS did way better than I could, though.but I think I'll do pretty well with:Smurfs: Papa Smurf, Handy, Hefty, Greedy, Smurfette, Brainy, Clumsy, Grouchy, Farmer, Painter, Sleepy, Jokey, Vanity, Poet, Tailor, Dreamy/Dreamer, and that annoying one with the trumpet, as well as later additions: Grandpa, Sassette, Gnat, Baby, Slouchy?, Snap(py)?
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 2:19 am

fixed.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Chuck
Chuck
Goon
Chuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:10 am

Post by Chuck »

The Simpsons has a pair of aliens, Kang and Kodos. ;I'm not sure about the spelling since I don't think I've ever seen the names in print.
VinnyQ
VinnyQ
Watcher
VinnyQ
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2002 2:18 am

Post by VinnyQ »

What was the name of April O'neal friend, the one with glasses, in TMNT?What was the name of the Gargermale's cat in Smurf?  What about that human male that was friend with the smurf?... and More topics7.  [deleted] =P8.  Disney's Duck Tales (TV)9.  Disney's Chip Dale Rescue Ranger (TV)10.  Monkey Island Series (PC Game)12.  The Princess Bride (Movie)
Arminger
Arminger
Watcher
Arminger
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2002 2:26 am

Post by Arminger »

Gargamel's cat was Azrael.Princess Bride:Weasley, Indigo Montoya and ...
Respect is Everything
Zealot
Zealot
Townie
Zealot
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2002 9:42 am

Post by Zealot »

Quote What was the name of April O'neal friend, the one with glasses, in TMNT?That would be Irma.
cubestudent
cubestudent
Townie
cubestudent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2002 2:26 pm

Post by cubestudent »

I think you should delete X-men asap. I wouldn't have a prayer of it, but I'm sure there's someone who can name literally hundreds of the characters from the series.and I'll go ahead and throw out the basics for Ducktales: good guys: Huey, Dewey, Louie, Uncle Scrooge, Webigail (Webby), Mrs. Beakly, Launchpad McQuack, Fenton Crackshell? (aka. Gismo Duck), Fenton's mom, Professor Gyro, and the tubby little boy in the Junior Woodchucks with the triplets. ya might wanna include Donald Duck, too, as a semi-frequent guest star. bad guys: the Beagle Boys (at least a dozen, though I don't remember any of their names), Ma Beagle, Flintheart Glumgold, and Magicka deSpell.little note: Smurfs was my favorite cartoon until Duck Tales. good choice of topics
Pudd'nhead Wilson
Pudd'nhead Wilson
Townie
Pudd'nhead Wilson
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:34 pm

Post by Pudd'nhead Wilson »

Ducktales was actually the television adaptation of Carl Banks's Scrooge McDuck comic book series from the early 1960's. ;The comic book featured Uncle Scrooge, Donald, and Huey, Dewey, and Louie in several adventures against villains such as the Beagle Boys, Flinthart Glomgold, and Magica DeSpell. ;Banks also created Gyro Gearloose, Duckworth the butler, and Goosey Gander (Scrooge's incredibly lucky nephew). ;When the stories were adapted to Disney's Ducktales, Launchpad McQuack was created to replace Donald in most of the adventures, and Nanny and Webby were created to add female interest. ;Later, Bubba Duck and Tootsie were added to inaugerate another season, followed shortly by Gizmoduck and related characters. ;I think I got most of that right.
Behold, the fool saith, Put not all thine eggs in the one basket--which is but a manner of saying, Scatter your money and your attention; but the wise man saith, put all your eggs in the one basket and--WATCH THAT BASKET.
cubestudent
cubestudent
Townie
cubestudent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Apr 12, 2002 11:06 pm

Post by cubestudent »

*smacks forehead*how did I forget Duckworth?
Chuck
Chuck
Goon
Chuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2002 12:52 pm

Post by Chuck »

The Simpsons: Dr. Nick
VinnyQ
VinnyQ
Watcher
VinnyQ
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Apr 15, 2002 3:25 am

Post by VinnyQ »

Ok, taking this a bit further. ;I might have some incorrect info, lemme know if you see them.1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TV)Goodies:Leonardo - turtle with the swordsDonatello - turtle with the bo-stickMichaelAngelo - turtle with the nunchucksRaphael - turtle with the tridentsMaster Splinter - mutated rat, sensei of the turtlesMiss April O'neal - reporter, friend of the turtlesKC Jones - vigilante with the hockey mask hockey stick, friend of April the turtlesIrma - April O'neal's roomateBaddies:Krang - the master brain Shredder - Krang's main dood, Splinter's classmate, Beebop Rocksteady - Shredder's goons (one is a boar, the other is a rhino, not sure which is which)the ninja foot goons - generic goons(Help w/ these)The Neutrinos - ?The Rat King - ?(Courtesy of IS, Zealot. ;See IS, I know my TMNT too ;)2. ;Smurfs (TV)Goodies:Papa smurf - head smurf, had a white beardSmurfette - the only female smurf (until little sassie a bit later)Handy - smurf with the tools, fixed/built thingsHefty - strong smurf, had a tattoo of a heart on his armGreedy - ?Brainy - smurf with glasses, brown noser, talks a lotClumsy - clumsyGrouchy - I hate ...Farmer - farmerPainter - talks with a french accentSleepy - sleepyJokey - likes to play pranks, kablooey hahahhaha ..Vanity - had flowers in his hair and always holding a mirrorPoet - wrote poetryTailor - made clothingsDreamy/Dreamer - ?that annoying one with the trumpet - ?Grandpa - old smurf, older than papa smurfSassette - girl smurf, tom boyishGnat - ?Baby - baby smurfSlouchy - ?Snap(py) - ?Baddies:Gargamel - wanted to catch some smurfs and eat themAzrael - Gargamel's cat (IS, cubestudent, Arminger)
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Apr 15, 2002 4:11 am

Beebop - BoarRocksteady - RhinoRat King - Lives in sewers too. Warpped up like a mummy a little. Can control rats with his mind. May be able to control Splinter too, but not sure.Neutrinos - Weirdos from Dimension X or wherever. Rode around in this Trans-dimensional convertible.
Show

Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:34 am

Post by Macros »

terry prachett characters
Oh the huge manatee!!
Arminger
Arminger
Watcher
Arminger
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:24 am

Post by Arminger »

Death of Rats Thats all i've got to say.Arminger
Respect is Everything
cubestudent
cubestudent
Townie
cubestudent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2002 1:32 pm

Post by cubestudent »

smurfs:Greedy Smurf is the baker. he cooks for everyone, always taste-testing his food. he wears a chef's hat.Dreamy/Dreamer I only remember from one particular episode. his interests change on an hourly basis. so, he'll be like, wow, Handy, that looks like fun, can I help? then switch to helping Farmer as soon as Handy turns his back. aka. ADD Smurf.that annoying one with the trumpet is called Harmony Smurf. he plays really poorly.Gnat Smurf is the nature lover. he can often be seen chatting with his butterfly friends.Slouchy Smurf was the typical Gen. X teen - not really interested in anything. a yeah, whatever sort of kid.Snappy Smurf was really energetic and excitable. he led the Smurf kids in most of their hijinks.note on Gargamel: he only wanted to eat a couple of the smurfs. most of them he wanted to use in a magic potion to turn other things into gold.other villains: there were the toad king and his three warriors. they were actually in quite a few episodes.non-smurf good guys: Papa's friend Omnibus (the wizard). I think Papa also knew Father Time. there was also that annoying human squire character. he was blond, rode a goat, never stopped eating except to sing in his screechy, always breaking, voice. plus, as counter to Azrael, when Baby Smurf was introduced, he came with Puppy. Puppy was, well, a puppy. he chased Azrael around.
cubestudent
cubestudent
Townie
cubestudent
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Apr 18, 2002 1:34 pm

Post by cubestudent »

oh, ohand for TMNT baddies you can add Baxter Stockman, the scientist-turned-manflyman, this is bringing back memories.
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat Apr 20, 2002 9:49 am

Post by Macros »

TMNT no ones mentioned the pizzadelivery person, you never see him/her, but they always take an active role.
Oh the huge manatee!!
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:59 am

Post by Corsato »

As a fan of the monkey island series I'm starting with th Monkey Island List. Since I just finished playing Escape from Monkey Island, most characters are from that series. I've even added the game they were in. So, here are the characters from the Monkey Island Series:Guybrush Treepwood (all)Elayne Marley (all)Wally (all)Evil Zombie Pirate Le Chuck(all)Ozzie Mandrill (mi4)Stan (all)Voodoo Lady (all)Ignatius Cheese (mi4)Carles L Charles (mi4)Carla Otis (mi1 mi4)Meethook (mi1 mi4)Timmy (mi4)Marco de Pollo (mi4)Inspector Canard (mi4)Herman Toothrot (mi4 and mi2)Pegnose Pete (mi4)Murray (mi4)Harbour Mistress (mi4)Father Allegro Rasputin (mi4)Edward van Helgen (mi3)Cutthroat BIll (mi3)Haggis McMutton (mi3)Minny Goodsoup and Husband (wasn't his name Goulash) (mi3)Rene Rottingham (mi3)Largo (mi2)Cannibals (mi1 and mi3)Fetcini Brothers (or something like that; mi3)
Sofis
Sofis
Watcher
Sofis
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2002 2:21 am

Post by Sofis »

If someone makes a Monkey Island Mafia, it should not be based on the fourth game (urgh).Quote Fetcini Brothers (or something like that; mi3)The Fettucini Brothers were in the first game, surely?

Return to “General Discussion”