A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Throne Books. Spoilers)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:56 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

GET HYYPEEE
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:08 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 776, xRECKONERx wrote:I have a lot of fears about the future of the series. The reason I got into the series and love it so much is because of the political intrigue and drama. When I first began watching, I even said to a friend, "I really hope magic and shit doesn't come into play here, because I like that this is a political show set in medieval times." Then, dragons. Then, wargs. Then, CotF. I've let it keep going and going, but here's the problem with introducing these fantastical powers and mythic beings into the show:

It almost forces the endgame to be something huge, epic, and otherworldly. Why even BOTHER introducing the magical aspects if you're just going to have them sit second-hand to the human drama at the center of it all? And given that I see the Others, the dragons, the Children of the Forest, and Bran playing a part in the endgame... I just can't see how ANYTHING we've spent time caring about regarding King's Landing, the War of Five Kings, the different Houses and their drama, ANY of it... I can't see how any of it will make a damn bit of difference at the end of it all. You can't just have everyone put their differences aside and go, "But we must fight the Others/Dragons/Other Mystical Creature!" because it invalidates EVERYTHING that happened.

super relevant now
green shirt thursdays
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:08 am

Post by quadz08 »

i agree with you mostly, except for the fact that if the endgame is BAND TOGETHER AND DESTROY THE MAGIC THINGS, I expect the
actual
endgame to be the power struggle immediately following said (probably quite narrow) victory

i dunno though, we'll see
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:19 am

Post by AniX »

Yeah, I see strange bedfellows being made and then immediately backstabbing each other. Can't you just imagine a situation where Brienne comes to the rescue of Stannis from being killed by a horde of White Walkers in that classic "One rival saves another from a bigger threat" and after dealing with the White Walkers with Oathkeeper, kills Stannis too.

Or really any Character A doing the same for any Character B. There are certainly enough sworn enemies on this show.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:23 am

Post by inte »

fyi GRRM confirmed at a con that the word the Brienne said when she was getting hung is
___sword

thoughts
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue May 17, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

OK we finally have another TWOW excerpt released by GRRM. Anyone checked it out yet?

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerpt-f ... of-winter/
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

Return to “General Discussion”