Tattoo Advice

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Tattoo Advice

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:12 am

Post by Persivul »

I made an appointment to get my first tattoo. Anyone have any advice? Is this a stupid idea?
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:27 am

Post by MattP »

If you are asking if it's a stupid idea I think you should cancel it for now
SlappyKrust
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:34 am

Post by inte »

not speakeasy, can't tell you what I really think
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

For what reason do you want one?

What is it going to be a tattoo of?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:37 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1, MattP wrote:If you are asking if it's a stupid idea I think you should cancel it for now

Good point. That was worded poorly. It's more like I'm asking for a devil's advocate position. I've thought it through and like the idea.

My 25th wedding anniversary is coming up and I'm going to get a heart with a banner with my wife's name in it and a 25th somewhere. And yes, I know names are a bad idea, but after 25 years I think it's pretty safe. Wife is thrilled about it.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:37 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 3, PokerFace wrote:For what reason do you want one?

What is it going to be a tattoo of?

See above. Do you have any?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:39 am

Post by Persivul »

More info: I'm 51 and a CPA. I'm getting it on my upper left arm so that it won't show with a polo shirt on. In the summer I frequently wear sleeveless shirts so that's mostly when it will be seen.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:40 am

Post by inte »

bruh if ur 51 just get everything tatted

like fully body irezumi. drop like 20k on it
Show

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

I do not have any tattoos myself though my brothers and I have considered getting one together

Our last name is Rook and getting a Rook chess piece on our shoulders is something we have considered doing. Our cousin and Uncle already did this

What do you plan to do for your next wedding anniversary, get another tattoo? What is your wife doing for the anniversary? Is she getting a similar tattoo? Does she have any tattoos?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:54 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 8, PokerFace wrote:I do not have any tattoos myself though my brothers and I have considered getting one together

Our last name is Rook and getting a Rook chess piece on our shoulders is something we have considered doing. Our cousin and Uncle already did this

That's really cool.

What do you plan to do for your next wedding anniversary, get another tattoo?

Nope. If we make it to 50, I'd get that added on.

What is your wife doing for the anniversary? Is she getting a similar tattoo? Does she have any tattoos?

She doesn't have any and isn't getting a matching one. As she gets older she'd rather not draw attention to her body. She has said she could see getting my name on her finger, as we don't wear wedding bands.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:56 am

Post by vonflare »

Don't get a tattoo, if you apply for a job and a potential employer notices it it may reduce your chances of landing the position (many people view tattoos as a representative of poor decision-making skills)
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:02 am

Post by Persivul »

I'm getting it where it won't show. I will show my boss and coworkers though - they'll get a kick out of it.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:40 am

Post by inte »

In post 8, PokerFace wrote:I do not have any tattoos myself though my brothers and I have considered getting one together

What do you plan to do for your next wedding anniversary, get another tattoo? What is your wife doing for the anniversary? Is she getting a similar tattoo? Does she have any tattoos?

this is dank, u actually gotta do that

In post 10, vonflare wrote:Don't get a tattoo, if you apply for a job and a potential employer notices it it may reduce your chances of landing the position (many people view tattoos as a representative of poor decision-making skills)

despite what you hear, unless you're in a really corporate or traditional environment, it wont hurt chances that much. i work in a multi billion dollar revenue IT software company and many of my colleagues have visible tattoos
Show

The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:27 pm

Post by The Bulge »

I got my first tattoo last week on my chest. If the pain is of any concern, don't sweat it. The outline hurts like a bitch while the needle is in but as soon as it's out (there will be regular ~10 second breaks all throughout the process, which I can only assume is to refill the ink) there is no pain whatsoever. Like if I were to punch you in the arm, you would still feel it after my fist broke contact with your arm. That's not the case with a tattoo.

If you're getting any shading/colour, it's more annoying than painful. Much easier to sit through than the outline.

Make sure you take proper care of it for the next week or so to avoid infection (the pores will be wide open and more vulnerable than usual). My artist told me to wash mine with unscented soap, dab it dry, and apply unscented moisturizer 3-4 times a day and sleep with a clean t-shirt. Don't be alarmed when the skin starts to peel – this means it's almost done healing.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 7, inte wrote:irezumi

Guess I don't need to contribute after all.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:59 pm

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:I do not have any tattoos myself though my brothers and I have considered getting one together

The main reason my brothers and I have not followed through with this is my older brother and younger brother are very afraid of needles. I have no fear of them. If the 3 of us are going to get the tattoo, I would have to go first because they fear them a lot. And if I go first, I feel like I'd kinda be guilt tripping them and that's something I don't want to do

Also if we all want the same tattoo, we will need the same tattoo artist to do it on all of us. Finding the right artist may be a problem. Guy that did uncle and cousin is not in business any more
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 10, vonflare wrote:Don't get a tattoo, if you apply for a job and a potential employer notices it it may reduce your chances of landing the position (many people view tattoos as a representative of poor decision-making skills)

Sadly I think his age (51) will be a bigger deterrent when applying for a job. Since its in an easily hidden spot, a suit should cover it completely during any interview. And I think its against the law to ask about tattoos during interviews in some states. Unless the employer sees the tattoo during the interview, I don't think they can bring it up.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:53 am

Post by inte »

In post 15, PokerFace wrote:
PokerFace wrote:I do not have any tattoos myself though my brothers and I have considered getting one together

The main reason my brothers and I have not followed through with this is my older brother and younger brother are very afraid of needles. I have no fear of them. If the 3 of us are going to get the tattoo, I would have to go first because they fear them a lot. And if I go first, I feel like I'd kinda be guilt tripping them and that's something I don't want to do

Also if we all want the same tattoo, we will need the same tattoo artist to do it on all of us. Finding the right artist may be a problem. Guy that did uncle and cousin is not in business any more

doesn't even feel like a needle, only like someone scratching your skin

ftr, the last time i got a tat was 4 years ago so the memory of the pain has kinda faded.
Show

The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:02 am

Post by The Bulge »

Yea I definitely expected it feel like a needle. Like I was giving blood or something. But it was a completely different sensation.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:07 am

Post by inte »

if your guy has even basic skills, it shouldn't puncture that deep anyways or it'll bleed and scab/scar
Show

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 17, inte wrote:
In post 15, PokerFace wrote:

doesn't even feel like a needle, only like someone scratching your skin

ftr, the last time i got a tat was 4 years ago so the memory of the pain has kinda faded.

Uncle and cousin have told my bros that and I have believed them, but brothers have not believed them

I recall being young and going to doctor's office with brothers. They would cower in the corner when doctor's brought in shots. Twas hilarious
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:40 am

Post by Natirasha »

My tattoo felt more like being cut by a knife over and over for an hour, but I got it right above my right breast, which is alledgedly one of the more painful spots.
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:37 am

Post by Oman »

You do you, boss. Don't let anyone tell you what the fuck to draw on your body or not when you're 51.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:11 am

Post by Persivul »

Here's what my wife picked out from google images, and it's similar to what I was thinking. Pretty simple, could add on if wanted in the future:
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:25 am

Post by inte »

putt it on the buttcheek
Show

Return to “General Discussion”