I have a great life

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by Ythan »

But nobody's telling you not to either.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by vonflare »

protip: don't listen to ythan.

ever.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 26, vonflare wrote:protip: don't listen to ythan.

ever.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 27, Ythan wrote:
In post 26, vonflare wrote:protip: don't listen to ythan.

ever.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 24, Majiffy wrote:
In post 15, Egg wrote:Nope. Haven't considered throwing away my entire life just to impair my body for fun.

I didn't tell you to start mainlining heroin into the big vein on your scrote. :neutral:

Nah, I assumed you meant marijuana.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:26 pm

Post by Ythan »

hat
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by vonflare »

ythan the gif in your avatar needs to be like 10x faster
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by Ythan »

Wouldn't hate it.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 29, Egg wrote:
In post 24, Majiffy wrote:
In post 15, Egg wrote:Nope. Haven't considered throwing away my entire life just to impair my body for fun.

I didn't tell you to start mainlining heroin into the big vein on your scrote. :neutral:

Nah, I assumed you meant marijuana.

No I was thinking more LSD and Psilocybin.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Post by vonflare »

Hat
Hat
Watcher
Hat
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by Hat »

would you believe hat was not taken as a username

well it is now
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:21 pm

Post by vonflare »

dammit
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:12 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Ehhh that's more like salvia.

But for the sake of humor, I'll allow it.

||
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:17 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 23, SilverWolf wrote:Egg-You might have a mild case of Depression. Being super hard on yourself is a sign. Isolating yourself is another. No longer getting pleasure out of things that used to give you make you happy is another. I actually would not recommend the drugs or alcohol-it will only make it worse-a temporary high is all. I would recommend talking to your doctor about it or getting into a therapist.

It's important that you have someone you can talk to about this who will listen to you and understand. Not everyone understands.

Persivul is actually correct that if it's something you believe in, a spiritual outlet can help. If you like music, listen to it. Exercise-go for walks. This is a natural mood lifter. I've found a real rewarding thing for me to do was volunteer at the local Humane Society helping rescue dogs and matching them up with homes. If you have something charitable you think would be rewarding-look into it. Helping others does wonders for making you feel better about yourself.

Also, understand this is perfectly normal and it's better not to keep these feelings to yourself. You'll feel a shit ton better when you've let it out and seeing a counselor might be beneficial. Maybe even group therapy with others who are feeling the same way or even a short term use of an antidepressant. Here's where I'd refer you to a Dr. because I am only guessing this is your problem based on my own issues. I could be wrong. I don't know you well enough to say for sure. You should see someone though.

edited to add-lack of sleep can fuck with your brain big time, if that's your issue then yeah, get more sleep if you can find a way to do so.

I dunno. I still feel like that's not what it is unless like you say it's mild. I've always been hard on myself (you've seen it in mafia when I lose games after playing well like that SK game I still can't believe I fucked up). It's more because I'm competitive and always want to be the best so I'm looking to improve and learn from mistakes.

I definitely won't be getting doctors involved and stuff. Just not my thing. I don't even go to them for physical illness. Hell, my broken ankle from almost 4 years ago still hasn't healed and it's been over two years since I've seen a doctor over that and even when I did, they were idiots.

As far as not sleeping, there's nothing I can do. I work 16 hour days and have a 1 year old and my wife works nights so she sleeps during the day. And she's not sleeping enough either.

I appreciate the concern though. I really do. I just suck at showing it.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:18 pm

Post by Egg »

Also, that's a bad alt Vonflare
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:24 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Yeah the white hat on the white background is just poor artistic form.

||
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:41 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 39, Egg wrote:Also, that's a bad alt Vonflare

It actually wasn't me
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:44 pm

Post by Fluminator »

I'd guess lack of sleep is a large part of it. It truly is a huge factor in mental and physical health. Which is annoying because I really don't have time for it either right now (pulling my third all-nighter this week fml), so I feel your pain in that sense.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:21 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 7, Kublai Khan wrote:Wild guess: You're craving challenge.

Go sky-diving. Travel a foreign country with a very limited budget and no knowledge of the local language. Climb a mountain. Deep-sea dive. Bare-knuckle box. Stab a hobo.

The drugs solution might also fit under this category ;)

@Egg: But seriously I ask myself the same thing sometimes.

It sounds like you are overworked. 16 hour days is certainly no walk in the park and I've been around that mark on occasion. My last job had a pretty big commute and I definitely spent time working at home even after getting back from the office.

Right now I have two great job offers and I should be happy about having the luxury of picking between two good opportunities but instead I'm just stressed out and 2nd guessing myself over and over. It really is what you make of it; happiness kind of has to come from within which can be hard.

I'd recommend finding something that really relaxes you and do that and just enjoy the moment for 15 minutes a day or so. For me, its using the hottub at the 24 hour fitness I go to. Sitting in the hot water and just leaning back and not thinking about anything just gives me some momentary peace compared to the rest of my day which I riddle with anxiety and other such things.

Also if you haven't watched it, I highly recommend Netflix's series "Bojack horseman". Its a kind of dark comedy cartoon that explores a lot of deep emotional things. The main character spends season 1 worried that he is a bad person beyond help and most of the second season worried that he is entirely incapable of being happy in life. It definitely hit home for me a bit. My 2 cents.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:48 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 38, Egg wrote: I've always been hard on myself (you've seen it in mafia when I lose games after playing well like that SK game I still can't believe I fucked up). It's more because I'm competitive and always want to be the best so I'm looking to improve and learn from mistakes.

I hope you read the dead thread in that game. We were all saying over and over and over how impressed we were with your play. Seriously, read it if you haven't. I understand being competitive and I hate losing also but you didn't fuck that up. You played incredibly well.
In post 43, AngryPidgeon wrote:
Also if you haven't watched it, I highly recommend Netflix's series "Bojack horseman". Its a kind of dark comedy cartoon that explores a lot of deep emotional things. The main character spends season 1 worried that he is a bad person beyond help and most of the second season worried that he is entirely incapable of being happy in life. It definitely hit home for me a bit. My 2 cents.

Thank you for this. I'm definitely going to check this out.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:30 am

Post by Egg »

AP wrote: It sounds like you are overworked. 16 hour days is certainly no walk in the park and I've been around that mark on occasion

Yeah, but two days on and four off is pretty solid.

AP wrote: I'd recommend finding something that really relaxes you and do that and just enjoy the moment for 15 minutes a day or so. For me, its using the hottub at the 24 hour fitness I go to. Sitting in the hot water and just leaning back and not thinking about anything just gives me some momentary peace compared to the rest of my day which I riddle with anxiety and other such things.

This is a good idea. The closest thing I have right now is afternoon naps while my son takes his nap or late night candy crush. Unfortunately, I rent so hot tub is out for now because I doubt I can take my son to somewhere that has one.

AP wrote: Also if you haven't watched it, I highly recommend Netflix's series "Bojack horseman"

I used netflix once at my brother's house, but don't have it myself. All of my home internet use is on my phone with limited data. My wife just got some hot spot thing but I don't know what it is or how to use it and my laptop stopped working more than a year ago and I haven't bothered getting it fixed.

Silverwolf wrote: I hope you read the dead thread in that game. We were all saying over and over and over how impressed we were with your play. Seriously, read it if you haven't. I understand being competitive and I hate losing also but you didn't fuck that up. You played incredibly well. 

Which is why losing was so frustrating.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:03 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 37, Majiffy wrote:Ehhh that's more like salvia.

I'm pretty certain the artist is relying on movies and television for information here.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:42 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Who's putting you down on mafiascum

Ill fuck them up
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:13 am

Post by Egg »

I ain't no rat
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 46, Ythan wrote:
In post 37, Majiffy wrote:Ehhh that's more like salvia.

I'm pretty certain the artist is relying on movies and television for information here.

Probably.

Which reminds me, I would love to do DMT again sometime.

||

Return to “General Discussion”