Donald Trump

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 16, 2015
Location: Wonderland
Pronoun: They

Post Post #10325  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:49 am

Yes, I do. I've seen the destructive effects of cocaine.
If you walk down the path that you believe is right, you cannot be wrong.

Get To Know An Accountant!

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone
 
User avatar
Joined: August 21, 2007
Location: i blame Jill Stein for my stupid avatar
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10326  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:52 am

Yeah so has my nephew


Just kidding he doesn't know my brother
I'm the color red, in a world of black and white.
Don't sell your soul to the Devil. He already sold his to me.

Shaziro
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 21, 2016
Location: Kalimdor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10327  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:54 am

Then your argument that people will "just stop" is inane.

Accountant
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 16, 2015
Location: Wonderland
Pronoun: They

Post Post #10328  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:18 am

In post 10327, Shaziro wrote:Then your argument that people will "just stop" is inane.

My argument is that it's weird to blame lawmakers for people refusing to stop taking cocaine after it was illegalized... shouldn't the blame fall on the drug dealers that got them addicted?
If you walk down the path that you believe is right, you cannot be wrong.

Get To Know An Accountant!

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone
 
User avatar
Joined: August 21, 2007
Location: i blame Jill Stein for my stupid avatar
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10329  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:22 am

Every addiction starts with a choice.
I'm the color red, in a world of black and white.
Don't sell your soul to the Devil. He already sold his to me.

Shaziro
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 21, 2016
Location: Kalimdor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10330  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:23 am

The issue is that a drug that is more likely to be used by poor people/ racial and ethnic minorities is being penalized much more.

Accountant
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 16, 2015
Location: Wonderland
Pronoun: They

Post Post #10331  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:35 am

In post 10330, Shaziro wrote:The issue is that a drug that is more likely to be used by poor people/ racial and ethnic minorities is being penalized much more.

Hmmm... that makes sense.
If you walk down the path that you believe is right, you cannot be wrong.

Get To Know An Accountant!

Shaziro
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 21, 2016
Location: Kalimdor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10332  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:35 am

What did you think the point of the "5 to 50" comparison was?

Accountant
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 16, 2015
Location: Wonderland
Pronoun: They

Post Post #10333  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:36 am

In post 10332, Shaziro wrote:What did you think the point of the "5 to 50" comparison was?

I thought you were trying to show me how harshly the government punishes drug dealers.
If you walk down the path that you believe is right, you cannot be wrong.

Get To Know An Accountant!

RadiantCowbells
Most Cunning Manipulator
Most Cunning Manipulator
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10334  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:39 am

I am currently addicted to meth but I am going to stop right now for reasons.
Alt of Titus.
Get to know a Titus!
That's actually fucking awesome. So yeah. Hey Titus, I'm going to have to adjust what I think of your play now. - Talah

Accountant
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 16, 2015
Location: Wonderland
Pronoun: They

Post Post #10335  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:52 am

I wish you good luck in coping with your addiction, RC!
If you walk down the path that you believe is right, you cannot be wrong.

Get To Know An Accountant!

Psyche
mr. personality
 
User avatar
Joined: April 28, 2011
Location: in a chair
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10336  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:34 am

really?
I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.

Postie
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 10, 2015
Pronoun: She

Post Post #10337  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:40 am

Imagine quotation marks around that sentence. I think RC was making the point that people can't "just stop" taking drugs. I'm pretty sure he is not in fact a meth addict.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.

Psyche
mr. personality
 
User avatar
Joined: April 28, 2011
Location: in a chair
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10338  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:41 am

boooring
I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.

Accountant
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 16, 2015
Location: Wonderland
Pronoun: They

Post Post #10339  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:02 am

In post 10337, Postie wrote:Imagine quotation marks around that sentence. I think RC was making the point that people can't "just stop" taking drugs. I'm pretty sure he is not in fact a meth addict.

He did say he was going to stop though, so the hypothetical meth addict he was referring to did manage to stop using meth
If you walk down the path that you believe is right, you cannot be wrong.

Get To Know An Accountant!

Shaziro
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 21, 2016
Location: Kalimdor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10340  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:03 am

Accountant. Google the word "Sarcasm" for me?

Annadog40
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: May 02, 2015
Location: The Octopus' Garden
Pronoun: She

Post Post #10341  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:44 am

Saying the words 'going to stop' doesn't mean you will.
your posting style makes me happy for a reason I can't quite understand - Shaziro
Anna, I just want you to know that your posting style of quirky weirdness is endearing to me and makes my time on this miserable hellsite just a bit better - kuribo

Accountant
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 16, 2015
Location: Wonderland
Pronoun: They

Post Post #10342  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:06 am

Well, this line of argument has grown stale and boring. We're just going to shout back and forth about whose fault it is that people can't get themselves off drugs.
If you walk down the path that you believe is right, you cannot be wrong.

Get To Know An Accountant!

Shaziro
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 21, 2016
Location: Kalimdor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10343  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:48 am

That was literally nothing to do with the original statement, it was your misunderstanding and poor reading comprehension.

Psyche
mr. personality
 
User avatar
Joined: April 28, 2011
Location: in a chair
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10344  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:17 am

ok it's time to talk abou An Other thing
I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.

karnos
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 05, 2016
Location: Arlington, VA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10345  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:15 am

Image

Accountant
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 16, 2015
Location: Wonderland
Pronoun: They

Post Post #10346  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:29 am

I find the portrayal of Trump as a rich, wealthy vigilante with mental issues who uses his power and influence to illegally and extra-judicially physically abuse people who he considers criminals to be a cutting one
If you walk down the path that you believe is right, you cannot be wrong.

Get To Know An Accountant!

Maestro
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 18, 2012
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10347  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:40 am

You use too many words to repeatedly say things that require far fewer words than you use to say them.

shaft.ed
dem.agogue
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2007
Location: Boston
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10348  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:46 am

In post 10315, Accountant wrote:
In post 10313, Shaziro wrote:
In post 10312, Postie wrote:
In post 10310, Accountant wrote:That plan is stupid. The hippies and black people will simply not take drugs and then the police are left with egg on their face.

Also unfortunately it's not that simple.

What are you talking about, Postie? Drugs are never addictive! You can just stop taking them! Societal/peer pressure? What's that?

:roll: they will just stop taking the drugs once they realize Nixon has illegalized them
I'm gonna go out on a limb and posit that you've never had a heroin/crack addiction

shaft.ed
dem.agogue
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2007
Location: Boston
Pronoun: He

Post Post #10349  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:48 am

In post 10330, Shaziro wrote:The issue is that a drug that is more likely to be used by poor people/ racial and ethnic minorities is being penalized much more.

And when the right people do get caught with it, they can always choose not to enforce it because 'it would destroy their lives' or some of the usual bullshit

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion