Smoke Alarms

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Smoke Alarms

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:42 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

I have a smoke alarm in my house that seems to be wanting to tell me it needs a new battery, but it's also on an apparent cycle of only wanting to tell me this as I'm going to bed/already in bed. I completely forget to go look for batteries in the morning, and then there's this solitary beep again about 11 pm.

So I guess I'm posting this in the hope it makes me find the batteries or buy some new ones tomorrow. I think it's the one in the kitchen, but I probably need to replace the lot.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:19 am

Post by zoraster »

Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by Zulfy »

One day I was making oatmeal I believe, though it could have been beans.
I had them cooking and I began to do another thing and then I forgot that I had what I had cooking cooking, so the kitchen started to get all smoked up, and the smoke traveled to the room where the smoke detector is, and the detector goes beep beep beep.

And I press the little snooze button and try to go back to get rid of the smoke, but I'm not fast enough and the smoke detector starts beeping again, you see.

So I just push the button a bunch of times in quick succession, and at first this stops the beeping but after a while it freaks out on me, beeps no matter what I do.
And I'm like "Why is that even a feature of this smoke detector?"
But then I realized that this was a murder-proof smoke detector, it had to have been. Someone had to have added this feature to this smoke detector to prevent an unhinged person from burning down a house with their family inside of it in a murder-suicide, it was the only explanation.

Kind of a morbid breakfast that day.
no investigation no right to speak
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:53 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

It did actually beep at me as I was heading out the door this morning, so I guess the cold tempratures are spreading.

Sadly I didn't even have time to get the batteries today. damn busyness.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

just toss a plastic bag over that shit
after a wank.

Return to “General Discussion”