NBA Finals Discussion

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

NBA Finals Discussion

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:21 pm

Post by PokerFace »

All /in, 52 year drought is over

Lebron, you are forgiven
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:16 am

Post by PJ. »

This is why Cleveland can't have nice things. Wait until there is nothing left to discuss to talk about the final? Come on.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

didn't want to jinx it
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:43 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

LeBron is a walking sports movie. Goddamn.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:47 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I expect the Warriors to come back next year even better. Which is scary as hell. They have to get some more durable and better big men. There was just no way they were winning that game with Sideshow Bob playing big minutes in the 3rd. Plus they hung in there with like half of the team hurt.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:22 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

also, the NBA really needs to do something to address the fact that OKC and Cleveland were able to neutralize Curry (although this was partially because he was hurt) by just having every single defender on their team try to hold him as he ran past. This isn't football, that shouldn't be allowed.

also they really need to do something to lower the number of foul shots guys can take by forcing up a bullshit shot through a defender's arms. or by just sprinting into the lane, jumping at a guy, and throwing up a circus shot
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:12 am

Post by PJ. »

I've been a proponent of getting those circus shots to be non-fouls or offensive fouls since Rondo came into the league.

But let's not look over the fact that draymond green sets like 40 moving screens a game.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:24 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I mean, if you want to play that game, every team sets shittons of moving screens. It's not like Green is the only one. But yes moving screens are definitely something the NBA should take a look at. It would at least help move the league away from this idea that players like Curry are the wave of the future.

Also, why pick Rondo as the poster child for that considering he avoids taking free throws?
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:37 am

Post by inte »

i seriously hate how fouls are tactically used to alter the game. its seriously what keeps me from watching nba
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 7, Untrod Tripod wrote:I mean, if you want to play that game, every team sets shittons of moving screens. It's not like Green is the only one. But yes moving screens are definitely something the NBA should take a look at. It would at least help move the league away from this idea that players like Curry are the wave of the future.

Also, why pick Rondo as the poster child for that considering he avoids taking free throws?
During the championship runs, that was the Rondo signature move. The sprint into the lane and just jump into 5 guys and throw something up and splash onto the ground crazily.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:20 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:didn't want to jinx it
First time I started an NFL Discussion was in 2008. 2007 was a good year for browns, 2008 was not. They went from 10-6 to 4-12 and Steelers won the superbowl
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:45 am

Post by PJ. »

You should probably be a fairweather fan for a better city.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:16 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 9, PJ. wrote:
In post 7, Untrod Tripod wrote:I mean, if you want to play that game, every team sets shittons of moving screens. It's not like Green is the only one. But yes moving screens are definitely something the NBA should take a look at. It would at least help move the league away from this idea that players like Curry are the wave of the future.

During the championship runs, that was the Rondo signature move. The sprint into the lane and just jump into 5 guys and throw something up and splash onto the ground crazily.
Wade tho....
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:06 am

Post by PJ. »

Wade too sure.

The bigger issue is that you just can't watch the NBA as a referee. You'll lose your mind. When you let traveling go to the point they have let it, everything else slips too.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:42 am

Post by PokerFace »

Panzerjager wrote:You should probably be a fairweather fan for a better city.
I hate fair weather fans. They have no loyalty and act like they do. So they are liars that just join bandwagons while acting like they always been on the wagon. Last I checked we are on a mafia game site that lynches scum that do that.
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:42 am

Post by inte »

tfw browns fan. u prolly are too
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 10, PokerFace wrote:
PokerFace wrote:didn't want to jinx it
First time I started an NFL Discussion was in 2008. 2007 was a good year for browns, 2008 was not. They went from 10-6 to 4-12 and Steelers won the superbowl
Pittsburgh does not have a basketball team. I think people that live there are either cavs fans or 76ers or something else entirely, so I don't think that last part would have been a real issue

I was able to watch the parade yesterday on TV while at work. They had it on in every meeting room. I am glad Cleveland has a title but Lebron should not have cussed as much as he did in his speech. Those words didn't need said on live TV with children watching. Act like you been there before Lebron. The city may not have been but you have so, better language would have been appreciated. Thanks for the title though
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 15, inte wrote:tfw browns fan. u prolly are too
yep go browns
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:47 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 14, PokerFace wrote:
Panzerjager wrote:You should probably be a fairweather fan for a better city.
I hate fair weather fans. They have no loyalty and act like they do. So they are liars that just join bandwagons while acting like they always been on the wagon. Last I checked we are on a mafia game site that lynches scum that do that.

But you're already a fairweather cavs fan...

Also LeBron is the patron saint of Cleveland and literally carried his worthless team to a championship. He played the best series ever played. He could have whipped his dick out and told everyone in NBA to that he was the King for a god damn reason and that they should "drink it in man" and he'd still not be a pariah in my eyes. He literally did the best possible thing an athlete can do, bring in a championship to his hometown and he even one upped that by being from the city that invented losing. Dude became legend on Sunday.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

Cheering for a team thats always been your team when they win is not the same as switching to a new fan base every year.

A fair weather basketball fan would have been a celtics fan when Bird was there, a bulls fan when Jordan was there, and then fans of other teams when they were hot and only at those times

How would you feel if Obama dropped an F-bomb on live TV while giving a state of the union address? That's a fine example to set to the country you leading.

I love what you did Lebron, but show some class. When Jordan won titles he didn't drop F-bombs. When people said Jordan was too full of himself doing it all himself didn't he end up getting the most assists the next year?
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:39 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

lebron james should be held to the same standards as the president of the united states?
To be clear: quack
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:04 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

dude who gives a fuck it's just sports

Return to “General Discussion”