Nero's crazy month of doctor visits

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Nero's crazy month of doctor visits

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Not that anyone particularly cares but I'm a bit ticked off and wanted to kinda rant. My story begins back in November. I had gotten sick, and by sick I mean the traditional runny nose/sinus pressure and accompanying headache/hacking and coughing. I had woke up one morning with a sore throat but I wasn't worried since I had woken up with a sore throat before and nothing happened. So I didn't worry with it and its only in the next few days when the other symptoms presented themselves.

After a week I had went to my PCP (primary care physician) and he said that everything would go away on its own. So things went on and on for another week and on the 23rd I was like "this isn't going away on its own". So I ended up going to one of those minor med clinics and that doctor told me that I had a sinus infection and gave me antibiotics and said that I should check back with my PCP after. After the week of antibiotics, I had started to feel better but it was still there ya know? I wasn't over it.

So I go back to my PCP and I ended up seeing a different doctor. She told me that I had asthma. My reaction was basically like "I've never had asthma in my life and I don't think asthma would cause sinus headaches etc." I'd also like to add that I am "throwing up". Like I am coughing so hard and in a really rapid succession that I'll like gag and just yeah but I'm not really sick to my tummy or anything.

Anyways, they decided that I should see a Pulmonologist. On the morning I was see the Pulmonologist I had gotten really sick and we had decided to just reschedule. Well they can't see me until January which is actually probably a good thing 'cause
SPOILER ALERT
they don't think I have asthma anymore.

So two days later (today) I decided to go back to my PCP and just tell them "look I've been sick for a month, I need more antibiotics to get rid of whatever this is." Well...they decided to do a chest x-ray this time and have now decided that I have pneumonia so I was given a different antibiotic...Biaxin/CLARITHROMYCIN, which my dad says is a really powerful antibiotic, along with a host of other stuff that I don't really think I need.

On one hand I'm relieved that I know whats going on but I'm pretty frustrated that its taken so long to get this diagnosis and I've had to go to the doc 4 times. I'm almost ready to find a new PCP but I'm sympathetic at the same time 'cause I figure its likely fairly difficult to get a correct diagnosis and the doctors are likely overworked and tired.

If there's a silver lining to all of this its that I have a bottle of Oxycodone. Be jealous.

TL;DR

I've been sick a month. I was finally told that I have pneumonia after 4 doctor visits.

I guess the only real question is that I have a bunch of Symbicort that I am not going to use and I want to give it to someone that does need it but I'd likely get in trouble for giving away medication, right? So I guess I take it back to the doctor and tell them to give it to someone that needs it.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:12 am

Post by Almost50 »

Sorry to hear that, but glad you're well now. FYI, I never get to read this section. I rarely even got to the sign-up threads anymore. I usually get invited or pre-in to games that get promoted in someone's signature or mentioned in the thread of the game(s) I play in, so please forgive me for not reading this before.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:10 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Glad your better man, and glad they were able to figure it out before it became a serious issue.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:30 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Feel better, my bro.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

lol thanks guys
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit

Return to “General Discussion”