schadd walrus 2: feast of the invisible cats (join biancospino walrus!)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:27 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

This looks like fun schadd, thanks for the invite! I'll try not to make every single submission in spanish but I can't promise to contain myself
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:11 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 20, schadd_ wrote: i think i didnt bother to do this last time but i'll try to get a translation of songs where its clear the lyrics have something to do with the catfit, though it's generally harder for something to land particularly well when there's that extra step btwn hearing a lyric in its musical context and understanding what it is
I'll have that in mind, but my main focus will be sharing music that I think you'll like and that maybe you haven't had the access to it, and given that you both liked Natalia Lafourcade and Rosalia I think I can get something that will be fun
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:22 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

I got two rejections for cat 7, both dismissed for the same reason: too mainstream. Both great though!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qzbre6qzRQM (Dave Matthews Band - Grey Street). I used to listen them a lot when I was in 6th-7th grade while playing games (I played a lot of Tibia lol) and this one in particular I loved because of the sax. I grew out of them but I listen to this song from time to time, and recently realized how good the drums are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1tAYmMjLdY (Blink 182 - Miss You). When I read "drums" I immediately thought of Travis Barker. His abuse of the snare drum may be divisive, but it's undeniably recognizable and that's a lot to say about a drummer. And I personally love it, it gives the instrument a personality of its own.

The last song I got was cat 1 mainly because I couldn't think of an anglo song that schadd hasn't listened before and even the first in spanish I thought of had to be discarded (seriously, how did you find Serú Girán?). I finally found one that I have NO idea how well known is, but at least it wasn't in schadd's list. Here are a couple of songs I considered:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-B58va_xxs (Charly García, Pedro Aznar - Tu amor). Since they started playing together in Serú Girán, Charly and Pedro showed that they are like bread and butter. I like Charly more as a musician, his compositions, his style, but Pedro compliments him with bass lines that only he could come up to, and his voice is lovely, Charly's voice is an acquired taste so having Aznar at his side makes it easier to listen. This song in particular gives Aznar more liberty to show himself, something that only him could achieve with a dude with a massive ego like Charly (fun fact: Charly made his pianist to play facing the other way during concerts 'cause he didn't want to lose protagonism... that pianist turned out to be Fito Paez, another great artist from Argentina). "Mientes" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBMf2aIr4SE) is another example of this (from the same album that they recorded together after both became successful solo artists).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNZ6Qd58ixI (Charly García - Inconsciente Colectivo). Picture yourself in the early 80s going to the music store and buying this album, the first of Charly as a solo artist after founding three successful bands (Sui Generis, La Máquina de Hacer Pájaros and Serú Girán). You know it will probably be great given its predecessors, but maybe he won't keep up with your expectations, right? WRONG. This song may be the best album-closing that I'll ever listen along with the Abbey Road medley, you'll have to listen to the whole album to understand what I mean though. The next album starts with Nos Siguen Pegando Abajo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4thPmfT3_BQ) which makes this song even more special to me, the contrast is absurd. I decided to not submit this one because the lyrics are way too important in this case.

Edit: Tomorrow Never Knows is the greatest album-closing song of all time, sorry for forgetting it for a second.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #146 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:37 am

Post by Pink Ball »

I did better than I thought with this one! I was hoping an eye-roll and a guilty chuckle.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #199 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:02 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

A bit of context for my submission, if you weren't aware of the story behind the song: Jim wrote that song when his wife told him she was pregnant, back on 1970, and was released on 1972 in his debut album "You Don't Mess Around With Jim". A year later, Jim died in a plane crash, eight days before his son's 2nd birthday.

Jim was going to stop touring and stop doing music so he wouldn't be forced to be away too much time from his family. He wrote a letter to his wife saying so, a letter that she received five days after the accident.

The lyrics of this song... I've always felt like he wrote them after dying. "But there never seems to be enough time to do the things you want to do once you find them", it's like he knew what was going to happen. It kills me every time I hear it.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #228 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:30 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Sorry schadd, I knew you didn’t like Eminem (‘cause I saw it in your page), but after “Cleaning Up My Closet” I thought it was impossible for a human being to come back from that. I had no other choice
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #242 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:50 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Saturdays are inherently difficult for me, but I’ll try to be part of the live reveals at least once.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #255 (isolation #7) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:09 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Should’ve gone with Blink instead huh.

I listened to that song exclusively for this contest thinking that the lack of drums at times was more interesting than the drums themselves
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #284 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:50 am

Post by Pink Ball »

I think I'll be able to make it tomorrow!!
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #285 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:51 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Monday is chilean's 4th of July so I may make a drunk appearance at some point if I remember about this
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #293 (isolation #10) » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:25 am

Post by Pink Ball »

For fucks sake I missed it again!! Wednesday I’ll put an alarm