Battlestar Galactica 2 Looking for Replacement.

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Battlestar Galactica 2 Looking for Replacement.

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:50 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Spoiler: Current Board

Player Status
#PlayerCharacterSkill CardsLocation
1ForWhomTheJellyRolls
President
Laura Roslin
9President’s Office
2animorpherv1Kara “Starbuck” Thrace14Weapons Control
3Magua
Admiral
William Adama
5Armory
4BipolarChemistSharon “Boomer” Valerii6Brig

Ship Status
StatAmount
Fuel6
Food4
Morale7
Population10
Nukes1
Quorum Cards3
Distance5 of 8
Jump Prep1 (No Jump)
DamageHangar Deck
Boarding PartyNone
Vipers in Reserve8
Damaged Vipers0
Raptors3

Galactica Space
Fore (9 o'clock)Basestar, 3 Raiders
Starboard-bow (11 o'clock)None
Starboard-quarter (1 o'clock)None
Aft (3 o'clock)3 Civilians
Port-quarter (5 o'clock)None
Port-bow (7 o'clock)None

Rules are here. I'm too lazy to write up all the components, so find a handy list here. Note that this is the base game, so you'll have to ignore anything from Pegasus or Exodus.

Rules (stolen from Magua!):
Rules of Play
  • 1. No talking about the game outside of the game thread.
    Remember the Secrecy Rules
    . You are not allowed to say what cards you played into a skill check, or how many points you contributed. You are not allowed to specify any of your Loyalty or Quorum cards. If you are allowed to look at the top card of a deck, you cannot make specific statements about it. You are allowed to say you do or do not have a specific skill card ("If someone has a Strategic Planning, I'll activate FTL").
    Allowed
    : "I can take most of this check," "I can only help a little bit," "I can get halfway there," "This destination is good," "You don't want to look at my Loyalty cards, it'll be bad"
    Not Allowed
    : "I put in 5 points," "I put in a Scout for Fuel," "It's a 3-distance destination," "If you look at my Loyalty cards you'll be executed"
    For situations where you are given two (or more) cards, and you must pick one and bury the other(s), you are not allowed to say anything about the card(s) you buried.
    3. If it's private, PM. If it's public, post in the thread bolded.
    4. For skill checks, PM the cards you're playing, and post in the thread the number of cards you're playing.
    5. The time limit to make a decision, move, etc, is 36 hours. The time limit to play into a skill check is 24 hours.
    6. It is your responsibility to declare when you want to play an interrupt.
    7. Conditional orders are good, m'kay?
    8. If a roll is involved, feel free to make it with dice tags. However, Strategic Planning cannot be played after the dice have been rolled.
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:17 am, edited 53 times in total.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:02 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Haven't heard from Aegor, but he's got a slot if he wants in. Otherwise, we'll roll with whoever's here when the time comes around.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Alright, so in the following order, select your character:
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Animorpherv1
Magua
BipolarChemist
Aegor

I've put Aegor at the end; if he shows up, then he can select a character and play; otherwise, we'll go with 4.

Military Leaders

William Adama
Leadership
, 2
Tactics

• Inspirational Leader: When you draw a Crisis Card, all 1 strength Skill Cards count positive for the skill check.
  • Command Authority: Once per game, after resolving a skill check, instead of discarding the used Skill Cards, draw them into your hand.
  • Emotionally Attached: You may not activate the “Admiral’s Quarters” location
  • Start: Admiral’s Quarters

Saul Tigh
Leadership
, 3
Tactics

• Cylon Hatred- When a player activates the “Admiral’s Quarters” location, you may choose to reduce the difficulty by 3.
  • Declare Martial Law- Action: Once per game, give the President title to the Admiral
  • Alcoholic: At the start of any player’s turn, if you have exactly 1 Skill Card in your hand, discard it.
  • Start: Command

Karl “Helo” Agathon
Leadership
, 2
Tactics
, 1
Piloting

• ECO Officer: During your turn, you may reroll a die that was just rolled (once per turn). You must use the new result.
  • Moral Compass: Once per game, after a player makes a choice on a Crisis Card, you may change it.
  • Stranded: Your character is not placed on the game board at the start of the game. While not on the game board, you may not move, be moved, or take actions. At the start of your 2nd turn, place your character on the Hanger Deck location.

Pilots

Lee “Apollo” Adama
Tactics
, 2
Piloting
, 2
Leadership
/
Politics

• Alert Viper Pilot: When a viper is placed in a space area from the reserves, you may choose to pilot it and take 1 action. You may only choose to do this if you are on a Galactica location, excluding the brig.
  • CAG- Action: Once per game, you may activate up to 6 unmanned vipers.
  • Headstrong: When you are forced to discard Skill Cards, you must discard randomly.
  • Start: Launch and pilot a viper

Kara “Starbuck” Thrace
Tactics
, 2
Piloting
, 1
Leadership
/
Engineering

• Expert Pilot: When you start your turn piloting a viper, you may take 2 actions during your Action Step.
  • Secret Destiny: Once per game, immediately after a Crisis Card is revealed, discard it and draw a new one.
  • Insubordinate: When a player chooses you with the “Admiral’s Quarters” location, reduce the difficulty by 3.
  • Start: Hanger deck

Sharon “Boomer” Valerii
Tactics
, 2
Piloting
, 1
Engineering

• Recon: At the end of your turn, you may look at the top card of the Crisis deck and place it on the top or bottom.
  • Mysterious Intuition: Once per game, before resolving a skill check on a Crisis Card, choose the result (Pass or Fail), instead of resolving it normally.
  • Sleeper Agent: During the Sleeper Agent phase, you are dealt 2 Loyalty Cards, and then moved to the Brig location.
  • Start: Armory

Political Leaders

Laura Roslin
Politics
, 2
Leadership

• Religious Visions: When you draw a Crisis Card, draw 2 and choose 1 to resolve. Place the other on the bottom of the deck.
  • Skilled Politician- Action: Once per game, draw 4 Quorum Cards. Choose 1 to resolve and place the rest on the bottom of the deck. You do not need to be President to use this ability.
  • Terminal Illness: In order to activate a location, you must first discard 2 Skill Cards.
  • Start: President’s Office

Gaius Baltar
Politics
, 1
Leadership
, 1
Engineering

• Delusional Intuition: After you draw a Crisis Card, draw 1 Skill Card of your choice (it may be from outside your skill set).
  • Cylon Detector- Action: Once per game, you may look at all Loyalty Cards belonging to a single player.
  • Coward: You start the game with 2 Loyalty Cards.
  • Start: Research Lab

Tom Zarek
Politics
, 2
Leadership
, 1
Tactics

• Friends in Low Places: When a player activates the “Administration” or the “Brig” location, you may choose to reduce or increase the difficulty by 2.
  • Unconventional Tactics- Action: Once per game, lose 1 Population to gain 1 of any other resource type.
  • Convicted Criminal: You may not activate locations occupied by other characters (excluding the Brig)
  • Start: Administration

Support

“Chief” Galen Tyrol
Politics
, 2
Leadership
, 2
Engineering

• Maintenance Engineer: During your turn, after you use a “Repair” action card, you may take another action (once per turn).
  • Blind Devotion: Once per game, after cards have been added to a Skill Check (but before revealing them), you may choose a Skill type. All cards of the chosen type are considered strength 0.
  • Reckless: Your hand limit is 8 (instead of 10).
  • Start: Hanger Deck
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:23 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 12, PrivateI wrote:Please insure that you make ALL decisions for this game right about now! If you don't post every nine hours, your slot will be modkilled and you will die a slow painful death. Happy Cylon hunting!

You're welcome to take Aegor's slot, if he doesn't show. Two 5s is better from a management standpoint, anyway.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #21 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:44 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I admit to a certain amount of impatience in my hope to get the games started- I'm going to be out for much of tomorrow, so I wanted to get things running. I admit that this was almost certainly unfair to PrivateI in hindsight, which is why I offered him a place here. Unfortunate, but let's move along.

In the future, I'm going to generally give 24 hours to play moves; this is a long game, and I'd like to keep it moving along. However, so long as obvious activity is going on, in the sense of discussion and so forth, I can be more lax.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #25 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:49 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Unfortunately, since FWTJR took Roslin and Ani took Starbuck, Boomer is not a valid selection. Magua must select a Military Leader or the Chief.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #28 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:34 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Basically, yes. So- FWTJR took a Political Leader and Ani took a Pilot; thus, nobody can take a Political Leader or a Pilot until somebody takes a Military Leader.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #31 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:29 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Why? I suppose it can be put to a vote, but I'm not sure I'm understanding what the actual problem here is.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #37 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:48 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I'd really prefer to stick to the rulebook and stay in the pregenerated order, but I'm willing to allow people to change picks, if it makes them happy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #40 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:55 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

We'll just proceed with 4; that should be fine. Loyalty cards are going out; pick your skills when you get it!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #43 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:17 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

We're waiting for everyone to pick their skills. I've decided to take a more relaxed approach, but I'm going to start prodding people if I don't get responses.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #46 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Hands are out and the game has begun. FTWJR, get us started!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #48 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Quorum sent. Roslin to draw again or play a Quorum card.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #50 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:26 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Crises sent to FWTJR
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #54 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:15 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I update the first post after each turn is completed, for reference. There's a board image in the spoiler.

Crisis:
Crippled Raider
Current Player Chooses:
Skill Check 10 Tactics+Engineering
Pass: +1 Jump Prep
Fail: -1 Population
OR
Roll a die. If 4 or lower, place 3 Raiders in front of Galactica and 1 Civilian ship behind.
(Activate Raiders)
(Jump Prep)

FWTJR must choose the skill check or the roll.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #63 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:20 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

As above. As a note, my computer is currently on the fritz. Not sure when I'll be online again.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #67 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:29 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

At long last, the mod is back online, so it's now ani's turn.

The six raiders in 9 move to 11 on the raider activation, and the jump prep increases to stage 1 (no jump possible)

Ani, you must decide if Starbuck is drawing Engineering or Leadership this turn.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #69 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:43 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I already prodded him.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #75 (isolation #18) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:19 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Before we take actions, I still need you to decide if you're drawing Engineering or Leadership, since Starbuck has a split draw.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #77 (isolation #19) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:56 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Ani draws his cards, launches in a Viper, then moves to Aft (3 o'clock) to cover the civilians.

That takes us to the Crisis:
Surrounded
1. Basestars Fire Missiles:
Hit on 4 or higher:
Original Roll String: 1d8
1 8-Sided Dice: (4) = 4

2. Setup:
4 Raiders at 9 o'clock
1 Basestar at 11
3 Raiders and 1 Heavy Raider at 1
1 Civilian at 3
1 Viper and 1 Civilian at 5 and 7

3. Panic: The current player (Animorpherv) must discard 3 Skill Cards.

So, Ani must choose 3 skill cards to discard, or use his Special Destiny.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #79 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:58 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Basestar hit; damage will be revealed when Ani either discards or chooses not to use Special Destiny.

@ani: Discards are public, so post in thread.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #81 (isolation #21) » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:17 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Damage from Basestar is Weapons Control, so that brings us to Magua's turn!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #86 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Assuming that you're attacking the Raiders first, and then the Heavy Raider if you hit the first three. Raiders destroyed on a 3+; Heavy Raider on a 7+
Original Roll String: 4d8
4 8-Sided Dice: (1, 3, 7, 2) = 13
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #87 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

That's two raiders destroyed.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #88 (isolation #24) » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So that brings us to the Crisis:

Jump Computer Failure
Difficulty 7
Tactics
+
Engineering

Pass: No Effect
Fail: -1 Population and -1 Jump Prep
Basestars Launch Raiders

BC to contribute first.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #91 (isolation #25) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:26 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Rules are now in the first post. Remember, only post the number of cards you are contributing; PM the actual cards to me.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #94 (isolation #26) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:14 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

1 from BC
FWTJR to contribute.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #97 (isolation #27) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:56 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

That leaves Magua
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #99 (isolation #28) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:00 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So the final contributions are:
BC- 1
FWTJR- 0
Ani- 1
Magua- 2
Destiny- 2
For a total of six cards.

The revealed cards are:
Repair- 1

Strategic Planning- 4
Launch Scout- 2
Launch Scout- 1
Launch Scout- 1

Evasive Maneuvers- 1

That comes to a final check value of 10: No Effect

Basestars Launch Raiders: There are only 5 Raiders in the supply, so as current player, Magua must decide to whether to put 3 Raiders at 9 and 2 at 11, or vice versa.
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #103 (isolation #29) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:16 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

That would be too many actions. You get one move and one action per turn.

So you could move to the Hangar deck, and then activate it to launch in a Raider at 7. You then get a bonus action from the Hangar Deck, so you can then move to 9, but then you are out of actions.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #106 (isolation #30) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:27 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

That brings us to the Crisis:

Witch Hunt
Difficulty 10
Politics
+
Leadership

6+: -1 Morale
Fail: -1 Morale. Current Player (BC) chooses a character and moves him to "Sickbay"
Activate Heavy Raiders, +1 Jump Prep

FWTJR is first to contribute.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #109 (isolation #31) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:40 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Magua contributes 2.

That leaves BC to finish off the check.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #111 (isolation #32) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:00 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So contributions are:
FTWJR- 2
Ani- 0
Magua- 2
BC- 0
Destiny- 2
For a total of 6 cards.

The revealed cards are:
Declare Emergency- 4
Executive Order- 2
Executive Order- 2

Investigative Committee- 3
Consolidate Power- 2
Consolidate Power- 2

For a total of 15: No effect

Heavy Raiders Activate: Heavy at 1 moves to 3.
Jump Prep increases by 1: 2 (No Jump)

Sending top crisis to BC as per Recon.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #113 (isolation #33) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:15 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

BC has buried the crisis, so onto FWTJR's turn!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #118 (isolation #34) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:08 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Ani shoots at the Raider, destroyed on a 3+:
1 8-Sided Dice: (3) = 3
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #119 (isolation #35) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:09 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Raider is destroyed; there are no more Raiders in Ani's area, so he must choose a second action.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #122 (isolation #36) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:01 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sending the top two crises to FWTJR
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #123 (isolation #37) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:22 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

The Crisis is:

Mandatory Testing
Difficulty 13
Politics
+
Leadership

Pass: The President (FWTJR) looks at one random Loyalty card of the current player (FWTJR)
9+: No Effect
Fail: -1 Morale
Activate Heavy Raiders, Jump Prep

Ani to contribute.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #130 (isolation #38) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:19 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So contributions are:
Ani- 0
Magua- 1
BC- 0
FWTJR- 2
Destiny- 2
For a total of 5 cards.

Investigative Committee- 3
Investigative Committee- 5

Declare Emergency- 5
Declare Emergency- 3

Repair- 1

The total is 15. FWTJR may look at one random loyalty card belonging to FWTJR. I'll leave this to his own discretion (snicker)

Heavy Raiders activate: Heavy Raider at 3 moves to 5.
Jump prep increases to 3 (Can jump at risk of -3 population)

It is now ani's turn!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #131 (isolation #39) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:20 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Ani must decide if he wants Leadership or Engineering for his flex draw.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #134 (isolation #40) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:48 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Heavy Raider is destroyed on a 7+:
1 8-Sided Dice: (1) = 1
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #135 (isolation #41) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:49 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Starbuck is an Expert Pilot, so Ani may take a second action.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #137 (isolation #42) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:56 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

As per his conditional, Magua play Strategic Planning. Heavy Raider destroyed on a 7+:
Original Roll String: 1d8+2
1 8-Sided Dice: (2)+2 = 4
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #138 (isolation #43) » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:59 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

That brings us to the Crisis:

Detector Sabotage
Difficulty 8
Leadership
+
Tactics

Fail: All characters in the "Research Lab" (nobody) is sent to "Sickbay". Players may not look at other player's Loyalty cards for the rest of the game.
Activate Heavy Raiders, Jump Prep.

Magua is first to contribute.
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #143 (isolation #44) » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So contributions are:
Magua- 0
BC- 0
FWTJR- 1
Ani- 0
Destiny- 2
For a total of three cards.

The cards are:
Executive Order- 2
Declare Emergency- 4

Launch Scout- 2

The total is 8 Pass: No Effect

Activate Heavy Raiders: Heavy Raider at 5 unloads a Centurion onto Galactica!

Jump prep increases to 4. Can jump at risk of -1 Population.

It is now Magua's turn!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #148 (isolation #45) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In the first post, there's a link to a thread on the Penny Arcade forums that has a component list; you should be able to see all the locations there, just to save me from typing them all up. Let me know if this isn't the case.

You can move to the Armory, but you must discard a card in order to move directly to the armory without landing in the Hangar.

Centurion destroyed on a 7+:
1 8-Sided Dice: (3)+2 = 5
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #149 (isolation #46) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:49 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

BC to discard a card, then the Crisis.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #151 (isolation #47) » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:27 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Alright, I'll try to get everything typed up when I get back from work.

Crisis is:

Build Cylon Detector
Admiral (Magua) chooses:
Discard 1 Nuke Token
OR
-1 Morale, and the Admiral (Magua) discards 2 Skill Cards.
Activate Heavy Raiders

Magua to decide.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #154 (isolation #48) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:49 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Thank you, Magua. And thanks for your patience, guys. My graphics card blew up last night, and I had to scrounge up a spare. Hopefully, there'll be no more problems for a while.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #156 (isolation #49) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:26 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Centurion Destroyed on a 7+:
1 8-Sided Dice: (8)+2 = 10
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #157 (isolation #50) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:29 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

The Centurion is destroyed! That brings us to the Crisis:

Food Shortages
President (FWTJR) chooses:
-2 Food
OR
-1 Food. The President (FWTJR) discards 2 Skill Cards, and the current player (BC) discards 3 Skill Cards
Activate Raiders, Jump Prep
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #160 (isolation #51) » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

If it helps, I generally update the first page at the beginning of each turn. So BC had ten cards when this turn started, but it doesn't count the card he just played.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #164 (isolation #52) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:05 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Food decreases to 7, FWTJR and BC discard some cards. The raiders move, but it doesn't matter a ton, since the ship Auto-Jumps!

Now sending destinations to Magua.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #166 (isolation #53) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:34 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

And BC has buried the top crisis, so we move to FWTJR's turn.

The fleet is freshly jumped and the danger appears passed for now. How shall you act, Madame President?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #167 (isolation #54) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:40 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Before we continue, I'd like the players to weigh in while there are no revealed Cylons:

I forgot to ask if the players would prefer to play No Sympathizer, and it's still early enough to make the adjustments. Right now, this would mean -1 Food, -1 Morale, and -2 Population in exchange for taking the Sympathizer card out of the loyalty deck. If the Cylon were to reveal (since there is only one Cylon card in 4p), they would then be entilted to draw 3 cards per turn instead of 2.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #168 (isolation #55) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:41 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

You may submit votes to me on whether to play No Sympathizer via PM, should you fear making your vote public would reveal your alignment. Or we can simply continue as is, since we've started.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #170 (isolation #56) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:52 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Using the President's Office or the President title?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #172 (isolation #57) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Quorum card sent. As Roslin, you also get to look at the top two crises, which I'll send now.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #174 (isolation #58) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:03 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Scouting for Water
Current Player Chooses:
Difficulty 9 Tactics+Piloting
Pass: +1 Food
Fail: -1 Fuel and destroy 1 raptor
OR
-1 Food
Activate Raiders, Jump Prep

FWTJR to decide on the skill check or the -1 Food.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #178 (isolation #59) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:10 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Food drops to 6. No Raiders to activate. Jump Prep increases to 1 (No Jump). It's now Ani's turn!

Also, remember to get your votes in for No Symp or not. Whichever has more votes by the end of Magua's turn is what we'll do.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #179 (isolation #60) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:12 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Also, Ani to decide if he wants Leadership or Engineering for his flex draw.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #184 (isolation #61) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:43 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Weapons control is repaired. That brings us to the crisis:

Resistance
Difficulty 12
Politics
+
Leadership
+
Tactics

9+: -1 Food
Fail: -1 Food, -1 Fuel
Activate Heavy Raiders, Jump Prep

Magua to contribute first.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #190 (isolation #62) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:36 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So the contributions are:
Magua- 4
BC- 2
FWTJR- 0
Ani- 3
Destiny- 2
For a total of 11 cards. Destiny is now reloaded.

The cards are:
Declare Emergency- 3
Executive Order- 2

Strategic Planning- 3
Launch Scout- 2
Launch Scout- 2
Launch Scout- 2
Launch Scout- 1
Launch Scout- 1
Launch Scout- 1

Scientific Research- 3

Evasive Maneuvers- 1

For a total of 13: No Effect

Activate Heavy Raiders: No raiders to activate
Jump Prep increases to 2 (No Jump)

It's now Magua's turn; Tactics and Leadership are reshuffled for his draw.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #191 (isolation #63) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:45 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

As per his conditional order, Magua plays
Executive Order - Action:
Choose any other player. He may move his character and then take 1 action OR not move and take 2 actions. (Movement abilities may not be used.) A limit of 1 "Executive Order" card may be used per turn. on BC
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #196 (isolation #64) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:26 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Moving to administration requires you to discard a card.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #198 (isolation #65) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

BC initates elections:

Administration
Difficulty 5
Politics
+
Leadership

Pass: Sharon "Boomer" Valerii becomes President
Fail: No Effect

FWTJR is first to contribute.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #203 (isolation #66) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:42 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So the only contributions are from the Destiny deck:
Evasive Maneuvers- 2

Scientific Research- 4

That's a -6: Fail. Roslin remains President.

This takes us to the crisis:
Colonial Day
Current Player Chooses:
Difficulty 10
Politics
+
Tactics

Pass: +1 Morale
Fail: -2 Morale
OR
-1 Morale
Basestars Attack, Jump Prep.

Magua to decide whether to take the -1 Morale or the Skill Check.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #210 (isolation #67) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:04 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Will double check in the morning, but it appears that it should be five.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #212 (isolation #68) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:30 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Yes; he should have five cards- the first post was not properly updated at the beginning of his turn. As an additional note, the Sympathizer/No Sympathizer vote comes into play at the end of this Crisis, so get your vote in if you haven't.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #216 (isolation #69) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:45 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Morale -1. No Basestars to attack. Jump Prep increases to 3 (Risk of -3 Population).

In addition, players voted to play
No Sympathizer
, which has the immediate effect of -1 Food, -1 Morale, and -2 Pop.

It's now BC's turn!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #223 (isolation #70) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:25 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

A raptor is destroyed, and that takes us to the Crisis:

Fulfiller of Prophecy
Current Player Chooses
Difficulty 6
Politics
+
Leadership

Pass: The current player (BC) draws 1 Politics Skill Card
Fail: -1 Population
OR
The current player (BC) discards 1 Skill Card. After this crisis is resolved, draw a new Crisis and resolve it.
Basestars Launch Missiles

BC to decide whether to take the skill check or not.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #228 (isolation #71) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:43 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

BC discards Repair- 1. Basestars Launch Missiles does nothing. A new crisis is drawn:

Sleep Deprivation
Admiral (Magua) chooses:
Return all undamaged Vipers on the game board to the reserves. Then send the current player (BC) to Sickbay.
OR
-1 Morale
Basestars Launch Missiles, Jump Prep.

Magua to decide.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #233 (isolation #72) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:07 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Yep; just started a new job, I'm a little frazzled. Sending Recond to BC
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #234 (isolation #73) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:28 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

BC has chosen to place the top crisis on the bottom, so FWTJR can proceed.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #236 (isolation #74) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Remember to bold your actions if you want them to be official; I don't want to turn conversations into actions prematurely.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #244 (isolation #75) » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:22 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sending destinations to Magua
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #249 (isolation #76) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:12 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Distance 5 has been reached; sleeper phase is go. New loyalty cards are going out. As per Boomer's disadvantage, BC gets two loyalty cards and goes to the brig.

As a friendly reminder, because we're playing No Sympathizer, the Cylon will get to draw three cards instead of two once revealed.

As per Roslin's ability, FWTJR will also get to look at the top two crisis and pick one.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #253 (isolation #77) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:05 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Actually, I gave you the religious visions because you don't have an action to reveal with until your next turn; this was the crisis step following the jump that happened on the XO. Which means you just revealed out of turn order.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #261 (isolation #78) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:09 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to reshuffle the loyalty cards or not. Opinions?

Also, it's been pointed out that you guys should have lost population on the jump- with strat plan, BC rolled a six, and you need a seven or better to avoid losing population on an FTL jump. So that will be adjusted regardless.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #264 (isolation #79) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Final answer?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #266 (isolation #80) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:25 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Then you need to resolve your Religious Visions
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #272 (isolation #81) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:04 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Basestar Attacks- hits on 4+:
1 8-Sided Dice: (7) = 7
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #273 (isolation #82) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:07 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Hit: Hanger Deck is damaged! Jump prep increases to 1: No jump.

It's now animorpherv's turn. He must choose how to divide his Leadership/Engineering flex draw.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #276 (isolation #83) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I've prodded him twice. In favor of finding replacement?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #279 (isolation #84) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:18 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So ani has now requested replacement. So if you know anybody who wants to play, now's the time.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #283 (isolation #85) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sorry, I know I keep putting this off, but if I'm completely honest, it's because I'd like a replacement who isn't in the other game. Maybe it's a filing problem, but I have enough trouble keeping everything straight without giving myself another stumbling block. I'm really sorry about that.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #286 (isolation #86) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Fair enough. If anyone knows of a potential replacement they want to pull within a week, that'd be fantastic. Otherwise, I'd be more inclined to yank this game and instead give you guys guaranteed spots in the next game.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”