Scumleague Fantasy Football 2014 (Voodoo Dynasty)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #182 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:45 pm

Post by PokerFace »

seems i am tardy to the party, and the one year i might not be in any league even a work one

If someone backs out or starts an eliminator challenge where you pick 1 team a week to win, PM me
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #188 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 185, Flameaxe wrote:
In post 183, Juls wrote:We only have 10 in league 3. Maybe they'd let you in if you find a buddy to make it 12?

12 is more fun anyway. I'll keep pestering scot.

scotmany?

if you manage to convince him, PM me and i'll be the 12th
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #191 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:48 am

Post by PokerFace »

:)

so i am 11 and aronis is 12 unless anyone wants to complain. next step i send xalxe or whoever is comish my yahoo account info? need to find that and will get back to you
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #193 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 192, Xalxe wrote:mith will send you an invite link. I could but I don't wanna step on his toes (and he might have to open the league back up to 12 anyway)

yay i didn't read the thread well enough. seems flame axe is the comish.

whichever of the 3 of you needs the info from me can pm me

I'm leaving work, I should be able to find my yahoo info when i get home
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #195 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:14 pm

Post by PokerFace »

seems the only yahoo i managed to remember was nojkoor1584

I forgot and lost the credentials to the others
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #199 (isolation #5) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

I have a team :)

Night 0 Vidgilance
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #219 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

Best way to pick a draft order i ever seen
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #232 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

Seems a league at my workplace is actually going to happen now. Different employee commishing it then the one who left the company last year. That leagues draft is gonna be thursday the 28th so gonna update my survey to reflect this

looks like i just went form 0 leagues to 2 in a few days :)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #262 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

I'd be up for voice chat in l3's draft if someone knows how to set that up
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #320 (isolation #9) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

1 hour til league 3 draft. get hype!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #335 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:35 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I got no worries at RB. good TE good D.
My QB and WR options need to pan out or trade up
K does not matter much. I didn't know pratter had some drug issues so i may need to drop my mr irrelevant (Bradshaw) to get a K for a bit
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #337 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 309, zoraster wrote:For some reason yahoo is obsessed with Travis Kelce. It mentions him no fewer than 4 times:

You Snooze, You Lose
While the rest of the league slept on Travis Kelce, The Moo Cows pounced on him at pick No. 179.

Single Serving
By choosing only a single TE (Travis Kelce) and DEF (Houston), The Moo Cows elected to add depth elsewhere on the roster.

A Stretch of the Imagination
Grabbing Travis Kelce at pick 179 was, let's say, conceptually adventurous. Kelce is owned on just a handful of teams across all Yahoo! leagues.

Mr. Irrelevant
In terms of projected points, the choice of Travis Kelce with the 179th pick gave The Moo Cows the worst pick of the final round. This Mr. Irrelevant gets no parade, unfortunately.

this was gamsimbre final pick and final pick of our draft. it made me smile
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #338 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

reinoe's auto drafted team is actually not bad
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #340 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:reinoe's auto drafted team is actually not bad

reinoe and gamsimbre both had alot of auto picks and I don't think either of them had luck as bad as some of the auto pickers in the other leagues
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #345 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:25 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 289, Kublai Khan wrote:Draft Grades
Cleveland Steamers A
Ramblin' Rhinos A-
AGar's Team B+
Fightin' Reindeer B+
Mongolian ZEN!! B
Get Recked B
Xalxe's Sportballers B-
Evil Vikings B-
Grindin' Gorillas C+
Bone's Boners C
Ojo White Knights C
Red Arrows C

what does it take for yahoo to generate the L3 draft grades?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #350 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:08 pm

Post by PokerFace »

yahoo wrote:L3 Draft Grades
Night 0 Vidgilance A Report Card
The Goon Squad B+ Report Card
Johnny Fútbol B Report Card
Gridiron Champions B Report Card
D4NK QUICK5C0P3R5 B Report Card
Sacramento Swarm B Report Card
What the Bert B- Report Card
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride B- Report Card
DeathNote C Report Card
Imperial Knights C- Report Card
gamsimbre C- Report Card
Subject to Change D Report Card

apparently I had a good draft
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #353 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:
ME

Reinoe

Jahudo

Juls

Wraith

Titus

Bert

Flameaxe

DeathNote C Report Card
DeathNote

Aronis

gamsimbre C- Report Card
gamsimbre

Micc

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #364 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:48 am

Post by PokerFace »

good luck tonight everyone
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #366 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:57 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 363, Wraith wrote:So I learned yesterday that live drafts are fucking awesome.

Live in person drafts > internet in person drafts > we got 5+ auto pickers
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #384 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

I'd start johnson since floyd won't win it for you. You got better odds stafford gets injuried and Orlavsky throws johnson the ball

The most sure thing you got is that calvin will score alot, go with the sure thing over a risk in fantasy. After all you may loose other weeks and need calvins points even more to make up for them.

week 1 < rest of season. I'd afford the loss
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #388 (isolation #20) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Considering Andre Ellington's situation I am really glad I made that Frank Gore draft pick. I thought picking RBs heavy early was bad when i saw WR options i had during/after the draft but looking at things now and considering my yahoo draft rating, I'm really glad i did what I did

Gore and forte's byes are 8 and 9. Ellington's is week 4. He should be 100% by gore's bye week

Brandon cooks and Wallace should work with Allen as my receiving options
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #389 (isolation #21) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Just so no one gets the wrong idea I honestly hope Stafford and Johnson do well and meant that injury comment truly in jest as wishing bad on someone is bad, and well honestly the odds probably are the same there
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #400 (isolation #22) » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:56 pm

Post by PokerFace »

well I barely won. Peterson top corner, was on Allen like glue

does the final score 77.68 vs 76.78 look weird to anyone else?

personally I prefer and am more used to espn. easier to find a flex than a wr3. Part of why I selected gore was I anticipated needing a flex
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #405 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

i am shocked and stoked that he may play. Also apparently it now rivalry week and me and bert are rivals... what did i do to you bert?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #417 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by PokerFace »

ok I am dumb. got an email that says: Set Your Week 2 Line-up and
Picks
for Scumleague League

where do i go to setup the picks because i don't see it and did not realize we had this until now
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #418 (isolation #25) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 417, PokerFace wrote:ok I am dumb. got an email that says: Set Your Week 2 Line-up and
Picks
for Scumleague League

where do i go to setup the picks because i don't see it and did not realize we had this until now

nevermind i thought the email meant make real nfl picks. lookslike it means pick who beats who like if i thought i would beat bert i would pick me. I know where that feature is
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #424 (isolation #26) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:22 pm

Post by PokerFace »

ok now the league says i lost to juls week1 by 0.10..

was there a score adjustment? what happened?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #425 (isolation #27) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:26 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 424, PokerFace wrote:ok now the league says i lost to juls week1 by 0.10..

was there a score adjustment? what happened?

I think yahoo made an error. Minesota's defense made a TD against St. louis's offense and they are counting that against Stl's defence and thus I am loosing a point while my player is not on the field. where do I go to tell yahoo a player not on the field can't loose a point
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #427 (isolation #28) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:36 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 426, Locke Lamora wrote:It's always been points against the team, not points against the defense. Think it's been like that in every league I've ever played in. Kind of annoying but I've had players or D/STs get dinged for many things that weren't their fault before. Think of it as the offense becoming special teams after the turnover if you want, but those are the rules.

the old yahoo league I was in says its got to be against the defence. Did yahoo change it recently?

Also stat corrections said -1 sack. How do you loose a sack?

I'm fine with loosing if its by like 1.0 but 0.1 when yahoo does crazy stuff after the game, that bothers me
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #431 (isolation #29) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 428, Locke Lamora wrote:Not that I know of, but I don't only play on Yahoo so I might be remembering from other formats. I think it might be possible to change it so it's just when the D is on the field but I'm not a commissioner in football so I can't look.

I think you usually lose a sack if it is deemed as a rushing attempt by the QB. You'd have to watch the play to see why but it looks like Cassel has been credited with an extra rushing attempt, so that's where it's gone.

That is really messed up. I pretty much just lost the worst way possible, after the game by 0.1 thanks to some really weird stat correct. Does that rams player now loose a sack for his career? Did Minnesota defense get that touchdown or were they then considered the offense?

I feel like i was vanilla and then recruited into the cult via mod error. I'd have been better off if I played no one as defense. Leave that goal empty
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #432 (isolation #30) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

i may be off base on the touchdown being counted against me

34-6 = 28 which i'm not sure if that changes things or not can't recall pts against brackets off hand

But Cassel getting an extra rushing attempt, I want to see the tape because if he makes no forward progress and pumps the ball, its a sack. Dodging =/= rushing attempt
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #434 (isolation #31) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

well i can't find a tape of it but nfl stats say cassel has 5 rushing attempts for -3 yards. -3yard dodge =/=rush thats alot of bull shit
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #436 (isolation #32) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... k%20cassel

place where yahoo says cassel got sacked. check his stats here:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7406/
You can't say he got a rush and a sack pick one!

everywhere i look it says rams got 1 sack on cassl. Robert Quinn did it
Last edited by PokerFace on Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #440 (isolation #33) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

then why does yahoo still say cassel got sacked elsewhere?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7406/

I'll take the loss but I'd rather it be any other kinda loss than this
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #443 (isolation #34) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

it says 1 sack in the last ten games listing for this season
http://s266.photobucket.com/user/nojkoo ... 1.jpg.html

I'll take the loss but I really don't like this or yahoo toying with me

Edit: checked that page this morning and it took them an extra day to catch everything. I like when stats are recorded 2 different ways on the same page
are the Toyota medals worth anything? I apparently got and still have 3 medals as a result of defeating juls
Last edited by PokerFace on Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #444 (isolation #35) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

Locke Lamora wrote:
In post 436, PokerFace wrote:https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... k%20cassel

everywhere i look it says ram got 1 sack on cassl. Robert Quinn did it

I found a tweet saying that Cassel just got a pass off before Quinn caught him. However, the play-by-play lists Ogletree and Dunbar as getting a joint sack on Cassel, so I assume that's what got taken away as Quinn doesn't seem to have been credited at all. This suggests that the Ogletree sack was from a mishandled snap, and the stat corrections say that Cassel was also credited with a fumble recovery, so perhaps the snap was fumbled, he never had a chance to pass and Ogletree/Dunbar tackled him as soon as he recovered. I believe in that case, it can't be a sack because he didn't have possession, just a fumble recovery and a tackle.

this is why the stat correction occur so i will accept it but still don't like it. Yahoo needs to update every page they got and not just some
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #445 (isolation #36) » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

I have had sometime to cool off. I apologize if I upset or bothered anyone. Its just a friendly game

At least now me vs bert have an actual rivalry. Battle of 2 lowest scoring teams from week 1
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #462 (isolation #37) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

Juls wrote:Im thinking about changing my work team name to "Gridiron Inmates" I have Adrian Peterson, had Ray Rice, have Ben Roethlisburger, and I picked up Josh Gordon.

:)

good luck this week everyone
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #466 (isolation #38) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

Juls also has RG3. I honestly feel really bad for you juls

When I came to join this league i was in 0 leagues this year. I am currently in 3 as a result of couple different things. In one of them I have RG3, AJ, and Jamal Charles :(

(Yes i some how got jamal and AJ as my first 2 picks in that league. I'm still shocked i pulled that off. not feeling so good about it now though)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #469 (isolation #39) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by PokerFace »

and mathews goes down, as does hurns. Did some injury plague or jinx just hit the NFL? So many casualties
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #476 (isolation #40) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 473, Wraith wrote:
In post 469, PokerFace wrote:and mathews goes down, as does hurns. Did some injury plague or jinx just hit the NFL? So many casualties

It's so fucking strange. They call penalties on the
slightest
violation of contact rules these days and yet I swear there are more injuries than ever. Are the players hitting harder in general? Are teams
deliberately
trying to injure starters?

I surly hope that
saint
the case
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #478 (isolation #41) » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:51 pm

Post by PokerFace »

rofl
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #488 (isolation #42) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

because ESPN ran a story sunday morning that marshall would not play I benched him :( Cutler still got me alot though so I might win in random league if maclin plays well 1-1 or 0-2 start

If Foles does well i should win here. 1-1

In work money league i am going to win as i still have players and am up by 20 currently, 2-0 winning in points depot by alot

I am at least winning the league that matters to me most
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #491 (isolation #43) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

Locke Lamora wrote:It made sense to bench Marshall and Jeffery based on the information we had earlier in the day, unless you had someone else going in that game or later you could use. Pretty much all the reports were negative.

Yay I benched him for maclin and by the time the report he would be fine came out, my internet at home was a giant piece of shit until game start, so i got stuck with maclin. As I only need a few points from him I should still be good there though. Basically as long as he gets 50 yards or a TD I win. If he joins the already long list of injuried players this week, I will punch a kitten (Not literally)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #495 (isolation #44) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

This^ though my father always used his hand and never once used some other object
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #499 (isolation #45) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Didn't one of peterson's kids die recently for reasons unrelated to this stuff?

I would think a man that lost a child would love his kids so much he would not do shit like this to the one's he has left
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #501 (isolation #46) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:17 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Woah seriously :eek: Damn!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #506 (isolation #47) » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:04 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 488, PokerFace wrote:because ESPN ran a story sunday morning that marshall would not play I benched him :( Cutler still got me alot though so I might win in random league if maclin plays well 1-1 or 0-2 start

If Foles does well i should win here. 1-1

In work money league i am going to win as i still have players and am up by 20 currently, 2-0 winning in points depot by alot

I am at least winning the league that matters to me most

got wins in all leagues

I might need a good wide receiver for my team here. I have good RBs and TEs. I kinda want to wait a week to see if a wr i got pans out better cause they seem hit or miss
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #507 (isolation #48) » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:12 am

Post by PokerFace »

Foles to Sproles mania is starting. I had a feeling it would. Its so good it rhymes!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #517 (isolation #49) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

my trading block updated

I don't want to trade imediatly with Ellington's bye week coming soon but figure I'd put things out there until my wr options solify or an offer gets made

When is the trade deadline in the league?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #520 (isolation #50) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

what team is yours again aronis?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #521 (isolation #51) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

oh right you are Imperial Knights

yay have many good WR. I think we may be able to work something out. I'll checkout bye week info and figure out who i want when i get off work or you can suggest something before then. I got martelius bennet and gronk as my TE's

Edit: wow none of you wr's share byes with who i got, thats some crazy odds. Who you like of gronk and bennet and who would you be willing to offer
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #523 (isolation #52) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 353, PokerFace wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
ME

Reinoe

Jahudo

Juls

Wraith

Titus

Bert

Flameaxe

DeathNote C Report Card
DeathNote

Aronis

gamsimbre C- Report Card
gamsimbre

Micc

Use this to edit your post bert!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #525 (isolation #53) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

for Aronis
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... senabled=1
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... senabled=1
Let me know what you think is fair. I don't think we can come to equal terms involving gronk and one of your big names. You won't give me cobb for gronk with some others mixed in, but we may be able to do something where i give you bennet for wright or welker or shorts. bowe and sanu don't appetize me

Whats the over under on Welker being concussed again? Does he comeback now or later given the drug policies?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #529 (isolation #54) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:01 am

Post by PokerFace »

call your team the convicts juls

given a got an rb bye week very soon i would rather not give one of them up right now

I'll consider bennet for shorts or wright. Is shorts healthy right now?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #534 (isolation #55) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

Oh I'm sorry juls I just assumed given your posting

Thinking more on the shorts vs wright thing. I'll send you the trade when i figure out what i want
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #536 (isolation #56) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:00 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yay the 5 has no business being there. No league would ask you to start 5 receivers. They must have meant 3.

I do not necessarily need shorts this week. but still want WR
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #538 (isolation #57) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The injury shorts has still strikes me as a risk. As I am already taking a risk on Gronks health I really can't trade for another risk in shorts, so I think I'll take wright
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #544 (isolation #58) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

I can't believe reinoe dropped him in the first place. After all Cameron should be back this week or right after the bye

He should have done a trade if he didn't want a guy that good. Don't feel too bad wraith, I was right in line behind bert by waivers
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #545 (isolation #59) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

Part of me wonders if I should have tried to sell gronk to someone with a better receiver and kept bennett

Would anyone out there have been interested in gronk if I did that
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #547 (isolation #60) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

Is Micc trying?

He still had Ryan mathews as a starter for this week. His team has good players but he is not really using it effectively
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #566 (isolation #61) » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:24 pm

Post by PokerFace »

zoraster wrote:why do you say that? I like its interface far better than yahoo's

I agree with zoraster
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #572 (isolation #62) » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I lost this week. My team is coming off slightly above avg with a bad initial schedule but a good late schedule according to yahoo stats. It may have been better for me to have kept Bennett and sold Gronk but team still good overall

Only league I am undefeated in is the one I am playing for money so I should count my blessings there. Still wish i was doing better here though. Next year I would much prefer a flex of a WR3. Can we do that next time?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #575 (isolation #63) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 573, Juls wrote:L3, it appears I am in need of a tight end. Make me an offer!

Kinda wish you had said that before i traded with aronis

I still have niles paul and Gronk if you want to offer me a reciever
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #579 (isolation #64) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

You willing to Give up Dez for Gronk?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #581 (isolation #65) » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:20 am

Post by PokerFace »

I was kidding juls

as I think i may have made a mistake with trading bennet I don't think I'd be willing to trade main TE i have left. Only thing I may be willing to trade now is a running back
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #601 (isolation #66) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

EPE Record? WDST Record?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #607 (isolation #67) » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 606, Rob14 wrote:Giovani Bernard, Demaryius Thomas, Percy Harvin. Out, out, out. Rip week 4.

The nfl guy that designed week 3 schedule deserves a medal as it had DET vs GB, BAL vs Cle, Den vs Sea, PHI vs WAS
The nfl guy that designed week 4 and gave out more byes to teams than any other week, deserves a kick to the head
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #627 (isolation #68) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

other team names i considered

A Mingo ate my baby
Two Mannings 1 cup
The Alt Accounts
Time Travelers
The Neighbors
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #648 (isolation #69) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In my money league with my co workers i have Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton, and Blake Bortles for QB

Given Atlanta's Oline issues and their matchup I am considering starting Dalton or Bortles

If you were me who would you start?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #650 (isolation #70) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:41 pm

Post by PokerFace »

It should be noted that yes he is the better QB but given his situation I am not sure he is going to produce well this week
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #652 (isolation #71) » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by PokerFace »

very well guess i should stop second guessing myself

Is Calvin going to play this week? If he does not I got to roll out TY hilton and one of Vjackson, Sammy Watkins, and Bowe. Thoughts on who?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #656 (isolation #72) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay I am starting ryan

Also calvin is playing so I'm rolling with him and jackson
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #661 (isolation #73) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Rather irritated by kendall wright and ellington being on my bench.

When I loose and there is nothing I could have done to win, I don't feel bad.

When there's something I could have done, I feel bad
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #680 (isolation #74) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't think calvin will play this week. Given how well ty, sammy, and VJ doing I will likly roll out VJ and TY and assume the worst for calvin
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #686 (isolation #75) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

well that was as good as calvin. glad i started TY

I'm undefeated in work/money league and 1 loss in a random espn league. Why can't I be that good here? :(
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #691 (isolation #76) » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 688, Wraith wrote:It's fucking hilarious that the person in our league who started Hilton is playing against the guy who started Foster, so he still doesn't have the lead.

Same is in my work league. I got TY and he has watt and foster. I'm still projected to win just as I was before thursday
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #694 (isolation #77) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

Aronis wrote:Even with Johnson and Bush in my starting lineup :( , I'm projected to score 80 pts.

And I forgot to sub in flacco given his matchup

so I'd say we even
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #697 (isolation #78) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:17 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 695, Aronis wrote:
In post 694, PokerFace wrote:
Aronis wrote:Even with Johnson and Bush in my starting lineup :( , I'm projected to score 80 pts.

And I forgot to sub in flacco given his matchup

so I'd say we even

At least Foles is gonna play. Currently projected to win by 15 pts. :]

Christ I got the worst luck in this league

Should have started Flacco but then you could have started lamar and some reciever. Any reason you weren't arround to do it? Picking Romo over Andy is something every logical person should do so won't fault you for that
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #709 (isolation #79) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:19 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I quit. Where do i sign up for worst luck of the year award?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #711 (isolation #80) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:39 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Pretty sure I lost to you, the worst humanly way possible juls. You can have the injury/suspension trophy
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #725 (isolation #81) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:16 am

Post by PokerFace »

Rob13 wrote:
In post 666, Kublai Khan wrote:Also, I think I've hated every WR I've ever had in Fantasy football.

OMG, so much this.

Also, I hate Trent Richardson. I've had him in at least one fantasy team each year since his rookie season. I don't know why; he's useless. At least I didn't use a draft pick on him this year. Just got him off waivers.

This^ is why I firmly support Flex over 3 WRs. Finding 3 actually good wide recievers is next to impossible. Would much rather have to find 2RBs 2WRs 1TE and 1 more of any of those as apposed to 2rbs 1TE 3WR

Can all leagues get flex and not 3WR next year? Can we put it to a vote?

Vote: Flex
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #727 (isolation #82) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

also the waiver claims i made the other day still are not processed by yahoo. Anyone else noticing this?

Yahoo seems to be having issues
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #729 (isolation #83) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

yay they're pretty much all close to even. picking a winner out of the mess is difficult in my book
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #732 (isolation #84) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 730, T-Bone wrote:
In post 725, PokerFace wrote:
Rob13 wrote:
In post 666, Kublai Khan wrote:Also, I think I've hated every WR I've ever had in Fantasy football.

OMG, so much this.

Also, I hate Trent Richardson. I've had him in at least one fantasy team each year since his rookie season. I don't know why; he's useless. At least I didn't use a draft pick on him this year. Just got him off waivers.

This^ is why I firmly support Flex over 3 WRs. Finding 3 actually good wide recievers is next to impossible. Would much rather have to find 2RBs 2WRs 1TE and 1 more of any of those as apposed to 2rbs 1TE 3WR

Can all leagues get flex and not 3WR next year? Can we put it to a vote?

Vote: Flex

Yahoo apparently doesn't do flex?

I could use it though, I have TEs that score!

same, I would have kept martelius bennet and not needed to trade for a 3WR. A wide reciever that isn't panning out cause Locker can't stay healthy. I also have a 3rd good running back with gore/forte/ellington

I won't need one of those 3 after week 9 as all their bye weeks will be gone. so someone with wr's that needs rb may want to speak with me in L3 after week 9

Can we choose to not run default next year and run with flex?

Yahoo doesn't just have issues with waivers it has issues with weekly projections. They are very much over the top. I have been projected to be 98-102 every week and only avged 82 all season. If projections were always right I'd be #1 in the league.

ESPN default has flex and the predictions have been more accurate in my expierence. only thing yahoo has better is search options when looking at player stats
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #733 (isolation #85) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

just now gott yahoo email that my waivers were processed so their issue must be solved now
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #743 (isolation #86) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:26 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 739, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 735, Locke Lamora wrote:As long as the format is clear from the start so you can draft appropriately,

this though I'd be fine if we stuck with the 3 wr format too.

as every site i play on but yahoo has flex I got confused and was quoted in the draft room as saying "I thought we had flex"

also finding 1 good te, rb, or wr is easier than exclusivly finding 1 wr

Rob13 wrote:
Vote: 3 WRs

I've played both, and I've found that in a 2 RB, 1 TE, 3 WR format, decent/good WRs are as valuable as decent/good RBs. In a 2RB, 1 TE, 2 WR, 1 FLEX format, RBs become absurdly valuable and WRs are almost an afterthought.

add in PPR (points per reception) and now TEs and WRs are back on the same level as the RBs
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #744 (isolation #87) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 741, Juls wrote:I don't mind the 3 WR except on bye weeks then it sucks.

this is what i hate the most about 3wr

getting rid of bye weeks is impossible

leveling the play field is possible and this way people can all start someone, so its more competitive and fair and fun

1 temporary injury and 1 bye week are less likly to kill you with a flex
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #748 (isolation #88) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:48 am

Post by PokerFace »

MS runs 3 leagues. we could always have two be 3wrs and one be flex
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #751 (isolation #89) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't care about the promotion system or who i play against. as long as i have fun thats all that matters to me. And having no one to start is not fun

the real luck of who you draft and them doing well ends up deciding it as finding waiver wrs when you need someone to fill a spot is hard and usually bites you in the end

don't get me wrong, i am having fun, wouldn't have joined if i didn't think i would have fun with my scummer buds. My comments mostly result from a biased of what I'm used to.

<<I hate change. FF republican

also locke you said over perform projection earlier, didn't you mean under perform?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #774 (isolation #90) » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:11 am

Post by PokerFace »

zoraster wrote:yahoo thinks there's an 8% chance Arian Foster scores fewer than -3 points.

this combined with how only yahoo gives projections in the decimals for defence and kickers (when its impossible for those 2 positions to have any decimals) is partly why I believe yahoo gives worst projections
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #782 (isolation #91) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

Gronk Smash!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #791 (isolation #92) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

Rhinox wrote:
In post 774, PokerFace wrote:
zoraster wrote:yahoo thinks there's an 8% chance Arian Foster scores fewer than -3 points.

this combined with how only yahoo gives projections in the decimals for defence and kickers (when its impossible for those 2 positions to have any decimals) is partly why I believe yahoo gives worst projections

Its a projection, not a prediction. It's probability based. Every week players are projected to score like 0.7 TD's. All that is is the mean of whatever probability distribution yahoo uses.

I realize that. Still ESPN, NFL, and all other sites I go to give .00 projections for kickers and defense because they are smart enough to realize there will never be any .XX for those 2 possions by default league settings

side note:
This is the first week all year I have exceeded projections and actually done stupidly well. I got 136.44 points this week. Had I made all the right starts I would have about 162.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #797 (isolation #93) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 516, PokerFace wrote:What happened to kurt cousins? Why is colt mcCoy in?

An injured RG3 may still be better than colt
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #798 (isolation #94) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:36 pm

Post by PokerFace »

nevermind seems that got answered in the nfl thread

also it seems i can't delete that post. I thought you could delete anything in mishmash. When did that change?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #802 (isolation #95) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

You should really check your pts against Wraith. They are the second lowest. You currently have 2nd easiest schedule in the league. Other people with your schedule would also be undefeated. Flame axe has most points in the league and worst schedule overall. He is only 5th. You with his schedule would be just as bad if not worse

I legit feel bad for beating jahudo. I had 136 and he had 131. 3rd highest point score and he does not win

what's highest point score all year for our league?
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #803 (isolation #96) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 802, PokerFace wrote:You should really check your pts against Wraith. They are the second lowest. You currently have 2nd easiest schedule in the league. Other people with your schedule would also be undefeated. Flame axe has most points in the league and worst schedule overall. He is only 5th. You with his schedule would be just as bad if not worse

I legit feel bad for beating jahudo. I had 136 and he had 131. 3rd highest point score and he does not win

what's highest point score all year for our league?

I checked previous weeks. Looks like I just got it :)
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #804 (isolation #97) » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

Also yahoo still has the week 1 recap saying I am lucky as crap for beating juls
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... =12&mid2=5
yahoo really needs to learn to update everything
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #809 (isolation #98) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

I got 2 ways to make the playoffs. Win division or get wild card. both are still possible

Next year I just need to remember to draft WRs early instead of rbs
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #813 (isolation #99) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 810, Yiley wrote:Or have good foresight on running backs, and pickup great free agents.

my running backs have been good all year so i had to get lucky with wide receivers and i think that is harder than getting lucky with rbs since they get injuried and can be grabbed off waivers alot

current 4th place guy and my division leader got among hardest schedules moving forward so getting into playoffs definitely doable
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #829 (isolation #100) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

Jahudo wrote:
In post 822, DeathNote wrote:I might as well just leave my RB slot empty. No one I put in ever scores anymore.

Yeah Browns RBs aren't reliable after losing their center and the depth chart changing every week. The only reason I started West was I caught a tweet saying he'd start.

The loss of Alex Mack and currently being in the strongest NFL division is why I think browns will miss the playoffs
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #852 (isolation #101) » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

Only top 4 make playoffs, right?

In post 732, PokerFace wrote:same, I would have kept martelius bennet and not needed to trade for a 3WR. A wide reciever that isn't panning out cause Locker can't stay healthy. I also have a 3rd good running back with gore/forte/ellington

I won't need one of those 3 after week 9 as all their bye weeks will be gone. so someone with wr's that needs rb may want to speak with me in L3 after week 9

As it stands i think i will keep gore for the depth as wallace/lafell/cooks will likly be the recievers i start rest of the year

only way i reach top 4 is to win out and get help. my schedule and poor wr draft is what killed me in this league. Will need to draft better and earlier wrs next year

I hope flameaxe makes the playoffs as he clearly has the best team and worst schedule and seeing someone win it all with that combination is good
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #882 (isolation #102) » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

Going by yahoos projections on every week has not been working for my team. Would be 8-2 if their projections were always right and not 4-6. My team has consistently under performed

I really need to change my game and drafting strategy for yahoo next year. Because if you compare this team to my other teams (I got 9-1 in work nfl league 7-3 in a espn public league) the team i got here really sucks. Yahoo said i had best draft. yay right
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #899 (isolation #103) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

Flameaxe had worst schedule. I have it now.

So much for yahoo saying i would have bext schedule and go 10-3 at start of season. 4-7 exceeding projections only once stinks
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #900 (isolation #104) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

hey what decides waiver order? Looking at it this week and comparing it to the start of previous weeks it appears that your rank decides it in L3. If you are 1 you are 12 on waiver and if you are 12 you are 1.

Shouldn't it have been based on draft position week one and then based on how many pickups you have had so far every week after that? Bert has picked up at least 1 new player every week off waiver, 50 total. How is he not got a high waiver number?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #901 (isolation #105) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

Or does yahoo always do it based on rank so weakest team gets first shot at waivers? Cause no site i know of does that
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #906 (isolation #106) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am more acustomed to the rolling list and assumed we had been using that up until it became impossible so I did math over past 2 weeks to figure out what we were doing

In general this league has been different than all leagues i have ever been in so adjusting a new strategy just for this league is not something i want to do but something i will have to do to have a chance next season

I recall both me and bert mentioning suprise in the draft room about their being 3 wrs and no flex. I think there were 1-2 others surprised

I can see how its competativly fair. But I'd rather have the rolling list. This standings based waiver order is something no one you can really strategize for. Rolling list requires some strategy about waiting the right time to pull the trigger. This form of waiver wire favors who sucks at just the right time. You suck yet you have luck. And if you are awesome and don't need anyone and then your best players goes down to injury, you will not get a shot at a decent replacement even if you have not needed to make a move all year

Next year I absolutely want Rolling list. If I can't have flex, at least give me rolling list
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #912 (isolation #107) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 907, Locke Lamora wrote:The rolling list has been standard for MS leagues I've played in before, so I think that's a mistake. Would have thought it goes back to rolling next year. The 3WR, no flex is Yahoo's standard.

I can't remember the last time I joined a yahoo league. Yahoo only site i know of to have 3 wrs and not 2wrs and a flex as standard

this has been discussed before so sorry if i was beating it into the ground. I'll stop, i just cared more about this league than some other leagues i am in and don't like how bad i am doing by comparison
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #916 (isolation #108) » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

Made some pickups since brandon cooks has been put on IR. Saints still have shot at playoffs due to how bad the NFC south is as a hole, so I'm kinda surprised they would put him on IR for rest of the season. Saints must have more depth at WR than I realized cause I would have wanted brandon arround for the playoffs if i was them
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #923 (isolation #109) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:34 am

Post by PokerFace »

second week all year i have met or exceeded expectations

5-7 feels nice
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #961 (isolation #110) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

Why is Denard Robison of Jacksonville a WR and a RB on only Yahoo? I got him in my NFL.com league and my espn league and he is considered only a RB in those leagues. Had I known he was gonna be both here that would have given him alot of value. He had some good games excluding last 2 weeks

WRs are stetched thin in WR 3 leagues. RBs more often get more points than WRs. I can see where flex position could lead to RBs getting stretched thin even though they seem to come out of the woodwork as the season progresses and people get injuried and new people get started. (points at denard, CJ Anderson, Mason, Jerrick Mckinon, Gray/Blount, Rainey/Sims, Dixon, Crowell, Latvarius Murray, and Forsett to some extent as no one drafted them). Drafting WRs early definitely looks ideal for yahoo leagues

Has anyone ever tried a league where flex means WR or TE but not RB?

Also had I beat Juls or gotten one other win I was not screwed out of (Aronis plays IAs and wins by very little), me vs gamsimbre next week would decide who would win our division
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #962 (isolation #111) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:47 am

Post by PokerFace »

Wraith clinched L3 D3 a long time ago

Gamsimbre has clinched L3 D2.

(Aronis would have to come from behind on me. Gamsimbre would have to loose next week and Aronis would need to win and get 176 more points than gamsimbre next week. So its safe to say gamsimbre has that division)

Reinoe plays Flameaxe next week. Both in running for L3 D1 crown and wild card.
Winner will get that division

Jahudo can steal the wild card from that game's looser with a win (should flameaxe loose) or with a win and 20+points more than reinoe (should reinoe loose)
If Jahudo Looses, then both Flameaxe and Reinoe will make it in. Flameaxes point total is too high for Jahudo to logic match in a situation where him and flameaxe both loose

If gamsimbre beats me, I want him to win it all in L3. If I beat him, I want Flameaxe to win it all in L3. If gamsimbre looses and Flameaxe does not make it in then Cleveland Rocks go Jahudo!
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:41 am, edited 7 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #966 (isolation #112) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

I'm kinda surprised NFL.com and ESPN don't use that same source. I wonder what they are using

PokerFace wrote:Has anyone ever tried a league where flex means WR or TE but not RB?

And if so was it good and balanced or not? I can't imagine TE's ever getting streched thin as a result of this so I kinda wonder if this is best balance and or preferable for a league future

I don't care if we do 10 or 12 teams next year. I would like kicker to stay as field goals are important in real games. Waiver can NOT be based on record next year in L3 or any League next year. That needs to die! Rolling needs to happen and I wish it had been caught before the season started
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #975 (isolation #113) » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am fine with that setting. I was unaware yahoo used team roster and others used something different. Team roster should be used

Anyone with comment about flex = WR/TE only?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #990 (isolation #114) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 980, Aronis wrote:So I need Lamar Miller to outscore Wallace by 10 pts. Then win next week and gamsimbre loses to make the playoffs. :|

In post 962, PokerFace wrote:

(Aronis would have to come from behind on me. Gamsimbre would have to loose next week and Aronis would need to win next week and get 176 more points than gamsimbre next week. So its safe to say gamsimbre has that division)

Not counting week 13 scores Gamsimbre had 176 more points than your team all year (edit: counting that it would now be 228). Even if you came back against me and he lost next week, neither of us had a chance of getting that division.
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #991 (isolation #115) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

The importance of a Kickers yearly fantasy points when compared to other kickers is small BUT the importance of a kicker in real football and in individual real games is pretty big considering how many games are decided by field goals or extra points. This is why I'd like to keep the kicker especially since our league uses matchups and schedules. If our league was a points only league (no games most points all year wins) then I'd agree to getting rid of the kicker. And I probably would not have joined that league in the first place as leagues where only total yearly points matter can get boring as there is less trash talk, excitement, chance any one team will actually moment a comeback mid season. You can successfully guess that kinda leagues winner pretty easily
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #992 (isolation #116) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

Wraith clinched L3 D3 a long time ago

(Aronis would have to come from behind on me. Gamsimbre would have to loose next week and Aronis would need to win and get 176 more points than gamsimbre next week. So its safe to say gamsimbre has that division)

Reinoe plays Flameaxe next week. Both in running for L3 D1 crown and wild card.
Winner will get that division

Jahudo can steal the wild card from that game's looser with a win (should flameaxe loose) or with a win and
17+points
more than reinoe (should reinoe loose)
If Jahudo Looses, then both Flameaxe and Reinoe will make it in. Flameaxes point total is too high for Jahudo to logic match in a situation where him and flameaxe both loose

If gamsimbre beats me, I want him to win it all in L3. If I beat him, I want Flameaxe to win it all in L3. If gamsimbre looses and Flameaxe does not make it in then Cleveland Rocks go Jahudo!

That amount of points is completely doable yet yahoo says Reinoe has already clinched. We should have 3 teams fighting for 2 spots

If reinoe looses to flame and jahudo wins with 17 points more than reinoe, how would Jahudo not be in and Reinoe be out? Jahudo is 8-5 and Reinoe is currently 9-4. They would both be 9-5 with these results and be 5-1 division wise. And Jahudo beat Reinoe during the year in their only matchup. So I fail to see how Reinoe is currently clinching. Can some explain why to me?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #993 (isolation #117) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

ok that division thing is wierd shit. Flame is 3-2 divisionwise. if Flame beats reinoe his division record will be worse reinoes 4-2 < 5-1

They'd split their head to head. Apparently Yahoo is already giving reinoe the division based on the divisionwise stuff.

So its just 2 teams fighting for 1 spot. I don't like that would rather 3 for 2
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #996 (isolation #118) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:34 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:
In post 980, Aronis wrote:So I need Lamar Miller to outscore Wallace by 10 pts. Then win next week and gamsimbre loses to make the playoffs. :|

(Aronis would have to come from behind on me. Gamsimbre would have to loose next week and Aronis would need to win next week and get 176 more points than gamsimbre next week. So its safe to say gamsimbre has that division)

Not counting week 13 scores Gamsimbre had 176 more points than your team all year (edit: counting that it would now be 228). Even if you came back against me and he lost next week, neither of us had a chance of getting that division.

As division record is more important than points you coming back and you winning and him loosing next week would have got you in. You would be 4-2 and he'd be 3-3

I really wish 1 previous game was a win for me. My division record would beat both Gamsimbre and Aronis at 5-1 assuming I win this week. Damn yahoo and its stat corections that are still not updated in its week 1 game recap
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #997 (isolation #119) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 976, Rob14 wrote:Considering how shallow the TE position is, it's virtually identical to 3 WR except that it forces you to waste a roster spot on a back-up TE, because you won't be able to find anything decent on waivers if your actual TE is hurt.

That would be a valid problem and argument against it

From my point of view then flex where its WR/RB/TE and no WR3 still feels most preferable. RBs have most value and will be more often used but they won't always be used or stretched thin when you consider how many serviceable WRs there are, how many Rbs come out of the woodwork via injury, new RB starters, or legal disputes or bigtime players (Looks angrily at Adrian Petersen and Rey Rice)

I also feel Flex no WR3 encourages more intelligent drafting and waiver adds. And a lesser likelihood 1 injury ends you season. It will take more than 1

How one would ideally play a yahoo default league is different than ideally playing other leagues
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1000 (isolation #120) » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 998, Locke Lamora wrote:I just think it's more of a challenge when you don't get that flexibility of being able to start any of the three, and that makes it more fun to me. You have to think more carefully about roster construction. WR is also deeper than RB and you get plenty of players emerging at that position too. There are definitely more starting-calibre WRs than RBs.

Me playing with PPR may also be why more RBs become servicable and WR points become more comparable

To each his own i guess I will still enjoy playing this league again next year despite the rough times i fell on the first year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1007 (isolation #121) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

Luck is a player with good stats, does that count?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1018 (isolation #122) » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:52 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Wraith wrote:I should just rename my team the D4NK Le'Veon Bells

He is gonna be a first rounder next fantasy season
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1020 (isolation #123) » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Flameaxe has won, will be 4-2 in division, will be 9-5
Jahudo is currently predicted to win, would be 5-1 in division, would be 9-5

Flameaxe will have more points by over 100

Flameaxe beat Jahudo during the season

They are not in same division

Assuming Jahudo wins, Am I correct that Flameaxe gets wild card or does Yahoo favor division record in this scenario too?
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1031 (isolation #124) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

Ok yahoo you confuse me. The cross symbol † means you lead your division. The star * means you got playoff. Renoe is division leader but NOT seeded in top 3!?

Division 1
*2 avatar Mr. Toad's Wild Ride 9-5-0 4-2-0 1485.78 1287.40 W-4 11 29 - Flameaxe
† *4 avatar The Goon Squad 9-5-0 5-1-0 1332.00 1238.94 L-1 9 14 - Reinoe
7 avatar Sacramento Swarm 6-8-0 2-4-0 1275.94 1235.88 L-5 6 12 - Titus
12 avatar Subject to Change 3-11-0 1-5-0 982.98 1260.70 W-1 1 3 - Micc
Division 2
† *3 avatar gamsimbre 9-5-0 4-2-0 1418.34 1275.88 W-7 10 35 - Gamsinbre
8 avatar Night 0 Vidgilance 6-8-0 4-2-0 1232.56 1332.72 L-1 5 26 - me
9 avatar Imperial Knights 6-8-0 2-4-0 1198.28 1335.42 L-6 4 13 - Aronis
10 avatar Perpetual Underdog 5-9-0 2-4-0 1309.94 1351.54 W-1 3 60 - Bert
Division 3
† *1 avatar D4NK QUICK5C0P3R5 12-2-0 5-1-0 1494.40 1166.76 W-2 12 7 - Wraith
5 avatar Johnny Fútbol 9-5-0 5-1-0 1346.00 1233.62 W-6 8 26 - Jahudo
6 avatar Gridiron Champions 7-7-0 2-4-0 1228.46 1295.66 L-2 7 20 - Juls
11 avatar DeathNote 3-11-0 0-6-0 1172.80 1462.96 L-4 2 12 - Deathnote

I recognize NFC South sucks but in normal football rules, they are still seeded above wild cards. Yahoo your defaults are crazy messed up again
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1032 (isolation #125) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

The fact Jahudo got more points than reinoe makes that chart even more goofy.

gamsimbre should be 2
Renoe should be 3
Flameaxe should be 4

Someone needs to tell me why yahoo goes against real football rules and decides who makes playoffs by real football rules, BUT decides their seed based on points. Thats is dumb
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1034 (isolation #126) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

I prefer real football way because that's how real football works.

What bothers me is they are using 2 ways. 1 to decide who gets in and 1 to decide who is what seed.
Pick 1 and stick with it. Don't use 2!

By using two ways you are taking 1 step forward and 1 step back because statistically the 5th seed is better than the 4th seed. Top 4 go to one playoff and next 4 should go to another playoff. If they ultimately wanted points to decide top 4 then we should not have had divisions in the first place. Either have divisions and use them or have only record+points. You should not have both
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1038 (isolation #127) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I'm all in favor of getting rid of divisions though in the future; I know they allegedly promote rivalry and keep more teams in the race later in the year but I don't think they really do the former, especially with relegation, and they do the latter by giving inferior teams a shot at the playoffs and the fact that we have relegation here means that people have things to play for even if they're not in the playoff hunt, they need to avoid seven game losing skids to end the season and sliding into the lower league.

I prefer divisions due how real football works and how schedules have divisions play each other play twice while you play everyone else once

BUT I am not against getting rid of divisions and using record and score only. Both methods do have their merits.

I mainly just have qualms with doing 1 and then doing another. As long as we stick with 1 way only, I'm fine with whatever

Mafia player wrote:
I support Wagon A but am not against Wagon B should it reach majority
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1040 (isolation #128) » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't follow NBA that much. Their way of doing things is not bad

But as Flamaxe is seeded above Reinoe

And Reinoe won flameaxe's own division

I still don't like these yahoo rules

No wild card should be the 2 seed while their division winner is the 4 seed
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1063 (isolation #129) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:35 am

Post by PokerFace »

Jahudo wrote:Hey PokerFace, we've got a consolation game to play so I'll start Manziel. I'm finally going to live up to my team name.

yay its fitting I have run into you in the consolation. I probably will get Juls next week

If you want to start Johnny then you are welcome to. But if I were you I'd use stafford
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1064 (isolation #130) » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

Ok Yahoo fantasy projections say Manziel should outscore Stafford. I'd like to revisit my earlier argument that Yahoo's projections are the worst fantasy projections and state this as further evidence
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1086 (isolation #131) » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by PokerFace »

And of course my team overperforms for only the second time this season now when i am in consolation bracket
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1092 (isolation #132) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

My QB situation this year was mediocre to sometimes below and my WR situation was sub par as well this year

At start of year I had choice between Foles and Cutler in the draft. I grabbed foles and reinoe grabbed Cutler on the next pick.

Kinda wish I had got cutler so that would have been above mediocre but don't know how else i would have done

Still want winner of Flameaxe and Gamesbre to win it all

As seed 8 I am likly to be jahudo as I am up by 40 with some people on my team yet to play. Ingram won't be able to get 40-60 points

Titus or Juls will face me for 5th
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1100 (isolation #133) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

After lst weeks semis, League 3 finals are...

Wraith vs Flameaxe for 1 and 2
Reinoe vs Gamsimbre for 3 and 4
PokerFace vs Juls for 5 and 6
Jahudo vs Titus for 7 and 8

9 = Aronis
10 = Bert
11 = Death Note
12 = Micc
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1101 (isolation #134) » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yahoo weird seeding had semis:

Wraith vs Reinoe
Flameaxe vs Gamsimbre
and that will be followed by
Wraith vs Flameaxe for 1 and 2
Reinoe vs Gamsimbre for 3 and 4

Proper seeding would have had

Wraith vs Flameaxe
Reinoe vs Gamsimbre
and that will be followed by
Wraith vs Reinoe for 1 and 2
Flameaxe vs Gamsimbre for 3 and 4
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1103 (isolation #135) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

*facepalm*

forgot there were games yesterday thus did not check Gore's status on his injury from last week until today

he played yesterday and did really well. Really wish he was not on my bench

Help me Kerwyn Williams you are my only hope
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1115 (isolation #136) » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:02 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yiley wrote:I'm winning the 5th place game. Yaaaay...

pokerface wrote:HEY, ME TOO! I'm up by 2
and
s
he has Sanders,
Anderson
and Hill left to play so my chances
are slightly above par
. I hope its a defensive battle.

My situation is simular to nero's

really wish i had remembered the saturday games. Or started Ryan Tanehill over Flacco. Tanehill did real good today

NFC south will have a below 500 team in playoffs. And eagles will miss the playoffs.

I had a feeling IND would loose to Dallas. IND clinched their division while Dallas still had alot to play for. I expected starters to sit and backups to play but did not think bricks would be shit like that
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1119 (isolation #137) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

GG everyone. Hope to have fun with you all next year
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1120 (isolation #138) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

League 3 final standings

Flameaxe - goes to L1
Wraith - goes to L2
Reinoe - Goes to L2
Gamsibre Goes to L2
Juls - stays in L3
Me - stays in L3
Titus - stays in L3
Jahudo - stays in L3
Aronis - stays in L3
Bert - stays in L3
Death Note - stays in L3
MICC - stays in L3

Guess we will need a new comish next season
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1131 (isolation #139) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

And odd thought dawned on me today. What draft pick position did each league winner have?

Tally of league 1 had 12

Flameaxe of league 3 had 3

Who won 2 and what pick did they have?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1132 (isolation #140) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

panzer of 2 had 10th pick

I was wondering if there was any pattern and there appears to be none. Which is good and what I was expecting.

Had there been a pattern I would have been surprised

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”