Diplomacy- Spring 1904

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Diplomacy- Spring 1904

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:18 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Time for another crack at the ultimate game of alliances and backstabbing in a way that is not obviously ripped off from CDB's version of the game! I'm looking for seven players to take up the mantle of major European powers and get to negotiatin'.

Rules are here and are fairly simple for new players - the complexity of Diplomacy is almost entirely in your dealings with other players rather than the mechanics themselves. If you've not played before, give them a look over to see if it's for you but newbies are certainly welcome. I'm also happy to take questions about the rules via PM.

I'll be modding, using Backstabbr to process orders.

Deadlines:
With the exception of Spring 1901, which will last for 96 hours, each Spring and Autumn phase will allow 72 hours for players to talk before orders must be submitted to me via PM. Retreats and build phases will be deadlined to 48 hours, or 72 hours if such time would include a weekend.

CDB
Sudo-specific rules:

• Do not attempt to deceive me with orders. If you send me an invalid order in Spring 1901 and I spot it before deadline, I will point this out to you and allow you to resubmit if you have time, but I will not do this in future turns. You may deliberately submit an invalid order but I will not attempt to 'correct' anything; invalid orders will be treated as if no order was submitted. You may ask me via PM what would and would not be considered a valid order if you need to do so.
  • When issuing convoy orders, I will accept either implict orders (A Lon - Pic) or explicit orders (A Lon - Eng - Pic).
  • If seven game years pass without a supply centre changing hands, the game will end in a draw between all remaining powers (it probably won't come to that).
  • If you send multiple sets of orders before deadline, I will take the most recent PM only.
    All previous orders will be disregarded
    so include a full list of orders in each new PM.
  • Please do not take screenshots of PMs sent about this game to pass on to other players; if you want to tell X what Y said to you, you should say it second-hand.

Signing up and power allocation:
I'll take the first seven players. When you /in, please send me a PM listing the seven great powers in preference order, with 1 being your most preferred and 7 your least preferred. You may not give more than one power equal ranking. I'll then resolve allocation based on preferences.

Powers:

Ciara - England
Klick
Edosurist- Austria
CDB - Turkey
MarioManiac
JDGA- Italy
vonflare - France
2birds - Russia
Salamence - Germany

Current Map:
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 19 times in total.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:59 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Well, I haven't started anything yet, so if jDip doesn't work, I'll just switch to Backstabbr or something. We'll see when I get home.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Mario, vonflare, and Salamence have not yet submitted preferences. Also, 1 more to start!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:53 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Just vonflare left to submit a list. I'd like to get it started tonight, so I'll randomize something for vonflare if I've not received one in 8 hours or so from this post.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #14 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:29 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Power assignment is complete:

Ciara - England
Klick - Austria
CDB - Turkey
MarioManiac - Italy
vonflare - France
2birds - Russia
Salamence - Germany

And so is Europe plunged into war, each nation inexplicably commanded by a brand new leader. In completely unrelated news, physicists today announced the detection of a massive quantum buildup; almost as if a parallel universe had been split off...

Orders are due by:
(expired on 2015-08-16 16:30:00)

Note that, because starting diplomacy is so important, you have a week for the first turn to work out your complicated arrangements.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #15 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:32 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Also, fun fact: of the seven players, six ranked Italy or Russia as their first pick. So, 4 people were destined to be disappointed.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #18 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:38 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 16, MarioManiac4 wrote:HI GUYS :D
I picked Italy because italy is cool and stuffs :wink:

I hope I dont go out first, that would be horrible :(
But let's just see how this goes! The wall of rules. Is. Massive. Though. I don't even know how to move around in this

Don't be afraid to ask. The rules are quite simple in operation, though they do require getting used to. I'm also willing to help with orders in Spring 1901, just in case; though this means "Making sure orders are legal", not actual strategy advice.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #35 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:20 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

As a friendly mod reminder, orders are due tomorrow; those of you yet to do so should submit at your earliest convenience.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #37 (isolation #8) » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:16 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Just waiting on Mario now.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #42 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:10 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Normally, I would just NMR, here, but I'm pretty sure this is Mario's first game and this is the first turn of that game. I'm keen to give him some time, but I am less keen to do so going forward.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #45 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:27 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Spoiler: Orders Submitted
England
F EDI - NTH
A LVP - WAL
F LON - ENG

Austria
A Bud - Ser
A Vie - Bud
F Tri holds

Turkey
A Con - Bul
A Smy Hold
F Ank - Bla

Italy
F Nap-Apu
A Ven-Pie
F Rome-Tryherrian Sea

France
Bre - Mao
Par-pic
Mar-bur

Russia
F StP-BOT
F Sev-BLA
A Mos-StP
A War-Ukr

Germany
A Mun - Bur
F Kie - Hol
A Ber - Kie

Spoiler: Order Results

And so the opponents start to feel each other out, moving their troops out to seize Europe for themselves. Fall 1901 orders are due by (expired on 2015-08-20 16:30:00)
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #55 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:54 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

As an official policy on V/LA, I'll accept orders from a designated replacement- this can be another player, or a temporary replacement from outside the game. So long as it's unambiguous that this person has the right to submit orders on your behalf. Whether they have the power to negotiate on your behalf is up to you to work out.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #60 (isolation #12) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:36 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

24 hour warning bump to submit orders.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #66 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:44 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Orders are in:

Turkey
A Bul S A Bud - Rum
F Ank - Bla
A Smy - Arm

Italy
A Pie - Mar
A Rom - Apu
F Apu - ION

France
Mao-Por

Pic-Bre

Austria
A Ser - Gre
A Bud - Ser
F Tri - ADR

Germany
A Mun - Bur
F Hol - Bel
A Kie - Den

England
F NTH - NWY
F ENG C A WAL - BRE
A WAL - BRE

Russia
F Sev-Rum
A Ukr S F Sev-Rum
F BOT-Swe
A StP-Nwy

Spoiler: Order Results

Current Map:

Turkey may build 1 unit
France may build 1 unit
Austria may build 2 units
Germany may build 2 units
Russia may build 2 units

Build Orders are due by (expired on 2015-08-23 16:30:00)
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #71 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:48 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

20 hour warning to submit your builds or go without!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #76 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:49 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Spoiler: Build orders

Current Map:

With the units built, it's time for Spring! You can continue warring on each other, if you like. Should you choose not to conscientiously object to the deaths of so many soldiers, orders are due by (expired on 2015-08-26 10:00:00)

Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #79 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sorry I'm a bit late; I foolishly set the time limit forgetting that I'd be at work when it expired.

Turkey
A Bul Hold
F Con S A Bul Hold
F Bla S A Bul Hold
A Arm - Sev

Italy
A Pie-Tyr
F Ion-Gre
A Apu-Ven

France
Pic-par
Bre H
Por-spa/nc

Austria
A Gre - Bul
A Ser supports A Gre - Bul
A Bud holds
F Tri - Alb
F ADR - ION

Germany
F Bel S A Wal - Pic
A Bur - Gas
A Den - Swe
F Kie - Bal
A Mun - Sil

England
F Eng C A Wal - Pic
A Wal - Pic
F Nth - Nwg

Russia
F Rum S A Gre-Bul
A Sev Hold
A Mos S Sev
A Ukr-War
A StP-Nwy
F Swe S A StP-Nwy

Spoiler: Order Outcome

Current Map

Orders for Fall 1902 are due on (expired on 2015-08-29 16:30:00)
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #86 (isolation #17) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:17 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Right how warning bump to get orders in!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #94 (isolation #18) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Orders are in!
Turkey
F Bla S A Bul Hold
F Con S A Bul Hold
A Bul Hold
A Arm - Sev

Italy
F Ion-Tun
A Ven-Rom
A Tyr-Mun

France
Par - pic
Bre S par - pic
Hold with the other two

Austria
NMR

Germany
A Gas - Par
F Bel - Hol
A Den - Swe
F BAL S A Den - Swe
A Sil - War

England
A Pic - Bre
F Eng S A Pic - Bre
F Nwg - Nwy

Russia
A Sev - Ukr
A Mos - Sev
F Rum - BLA
A Nwy S A Swe
A Swe Hold
A War Hold

Spoiler: Results

France must retreat the Fleet from Brest; valid retreats are Gas, MAO, or disbanding.
Russia must retreat the Fleet from Sweden; valid retreats are BOT, SKA, Fin, or disbanding.

Once retreats are in, we'll move to builds! Also, anyone seen Klick anywhere? May need to replace.

Deadline for builds is (expired on 2015-08-31 17:10:00)
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #95 (isolation #19) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Also, as a mod note; while normally I allow the deadline to run out so people can change their minds, from now on, for builds and retreats, I'll resolve once all relevant players have submitted or deadline, whichever is first. You may still change your orders, if you get them in before all other players have submitted. Move orders during turns will remain unchanged (i.e. you will have the full deadline each turn).
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #98 (isolation #20) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Klick has messaged me, claiming to suffer from network issues and asking for replacement. I am PMing some people who volunteered; the phase will be extended as necessary to accommodate this.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #99 (isolation #21) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Edosurist succeeds Klick to the throne of Austria-Hungary.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #104 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:23 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

France has chosen to retreat to Gascony, while Russia has chosen to disband, so the map looks like this:

Time for builds!
England may build 1
Germany may build 2
Italy may build 2
Russia may build 1

France must disband 1

Builds/disbands are due by (expired on 2015-09-01 11:30:00)
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #106 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:25 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

And deadline is up, and Sudo continues to set deadlines for times when he knows he will be at work!

Spoiler: Orders Received

Current Map:

Note that France auto-disbanded, as vonflare neglected to submit orders. Orders for Spring 1903 are due by (expired on 2015-09-04 16:30:00)
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #108 (isolation #24) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:49 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

It appears that the quest to conquer Europe continues, despite a change in Austrian leadership.

Turkey
F Con S A Bul Hold
A Bul S A Ser - Rum
F Bla S A Ser - Rum
A Arm - Sev

Italy
F Tun-Wes
A Mun- Tyr
A Rom-Ven

France
gas -bre
Pic S gas - bre
mar - pie

Austria
A Ser - Rum
A Gre - Ser
A Bud S A Ser - Rum
F ADR - Tri
F Alb - ADR

Germany
A Par - Gas
F Hol - Bel
F Kie - BAL
F Ber S A Sil - Mun
F BAL - BOT
A Swe - Fin
A Sil - Mun

England
F NWG - BAR
F EDI - NWG
A BRE H
F ENG S A BRE H

Russia
F Sev - BLA
F Rum - Bul
A Ukr - Rum
A Nwy - StP
A Mos S F Sev
A War S A Mun - Sil

Spoiler: Results

Fall orders are due by (expired on 2015-09-08 17:00:00)
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #123 (isolation #25) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:47 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I'm considering extending out the deadline by a day due to the holiday weekend. Will decide when we hit the deadline.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #126 (isolation #26) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:01 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Spoiler: Orders Received
Turkey
A Bul - Rum
F Bla S A Bul - Rum
A Arm - Sev
F Con - Aeg

Italy
NMR

France
pie S tri - ven
gas - bre
pic S gas - bre

Austria
F ADR S F Tri - Ven
F Tri - Ven
A Bud - Vie
A Ser - Tri
A Rum - Gal

Germany
A Fin - Stp
F BOT S A Fin - Stp
F BAL - Lvn
F Ber - BAL
A Mun H
F Bel - Pic
A Par S A Bre - Gas

England
F NWG - NWY
A BRE H
F ENG S A BRE H
F BAR H

Russia
A Mos S A StP
A Ukr S F Sev
A War - Gal
F Sev Hold
A StP Hold

Italy's unit in Venice must retreat; valid retreats are Rome, Tuscany, Apulia, or disbanding.
Austria's unit in Rumania must retreat; valid retreats are Serbia, Budapest, or disbanding.

Retreats due by (expired on 2015-09-10 17:00:00)

Italy NMRed this turn; has anyone seen Mario?
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #129 (isolation #27) » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I did extend the deadline; it was set to expire yesterday.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #133 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:01 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Time to build!

Turkey may build 1
Italy may build 1
Austria may build 1
Germany may build 1
England may build 1

Russia must disband 1

I was hoping Mario would come back, but he hasn't, so Venice disbands. If anybody has a link to him, figure out what's up.

Orders are due by (expired on 2015-09-12 21:00:00)
Deadline may get extended if I need to find a replacement.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #136 (isolation #29) » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:49 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

He picked up the prod I sent, but didn't reply to it. Not sure what to make of that.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #137 (isolation #30) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:42 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Deadline is expired, and still no Mario. I'm now seeking replacements, so the game is temporarily paused.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #138 (isolation #31) » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:14 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

JDGA replaces Mario, effective immediately! Welcome to Italy, JDGA!

Spoiler: Build Orders

Current Map:

Spring 1904 orders are due by (expired on 2015-09-16 17:00:00)
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #143 (isolation #32) » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:27 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Well, now I'm not sure what to do, as this season we recorded a record 5 NMRs. Do you guys even want to play anymore, or should I just call it here?

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”