The Resistance (Game Over)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:08 pm

Post by Jal »

/in
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:05 am

Post by Jal »

In post 25, BNL wrote:I think the best strategy here is to pick the first three leaders (Molla, lilith, me), as that tells us most about the game state, as leaders are gonna pick themselves as either scum or town, so having the first three leaders on the first mission gives us a lot of information.

Tell me what extra information you think this selection gives us over other options. I'm not seeing it.

Bowster, why do you think it's a good idea?
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:06 am

Post by Jal »

idk what to think about Molla's quick selection.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:43 pm

Post by Jal »

Do you think BNL is scummy? If there is nothing else to really go off, it's because this phase feels a bit stalled until we move onto the next.

I've heard of the tactic of picking the first two leaders regardless, but most of the advantage seems to rely on players being physically together so they can judge the reaction of the second leader going into the next round, and I don't know if that's exactly the idea-ish of what is proposed here.

@Lilith
, what are your thoughts on the selection?
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:09 am

Post by Jal »

In post 48, lilith2013 wrote:Also, I would think that as a leader you're confirmed to yourself so you would want to choose anyone except yourself to go on the mission to maximize the information you get. Or is that wrong?

This thought process kinda makes me think Lilith is town. In past games, I notice when scum leaders talk about excluding themselves in group selection it's oftentimes to appease others. Lilith's thinking here of why she believes a leader would want to exclude themselves, which easily includes herself next round, is to expand on investigation from her point of view. It follows through to a natural conclusion for her.

It's along the same line that I think is bugging me about BNL's suggestion. As I said before, of a similar tactic I've heard where you send the first two leaders automatically, it's to judge the reaction of the second leader going into the next round. That rationale makes sense to me. Alternatively, to send the first three leaders so there is more connection between groups to find scum is a vague statement with a vague possible outcome or benefit for himself, except for being in the group.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Jal »

Fluminator, answer mah question. Also, I think there totally is a difference which first three go first in this case, especially if you feel there's scum in the pile.
In post 78, BBmolla wrote:In addition there is no point to bring that up as town, I'd have just failed the mission and blamed the other two while saying I'd never take that risk.

Are you referring to yourself or talking to Save the Dragons in the first half here?

I just assumed you nominated yourself, Lilith, and BNL because you agreed with BNL's idea. What about them makes you go, "they are least willing to take big risks as spies." ?
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:09 pm

Post by Jal »

In post 101, lilith2013 wrote:STD and Jal, can you explain why you voted against Bbmolla's team?

I think BNL is scummy. There's still no better way to proceed than taking the first three + one strategy given the first mission passed.

I'd like to be sent next. Me + Molla + Liilth + BNL.

And Molla, that hasn't been what you've been suggesting at all.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #7) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by Jal »

We agreed to resend three people + another. I volunteered to go as I know I'm a sure thing. There's no reason for me to reject the mission I proposed.

I still suspect BNL and believe he's most likely of the three to be scum who failed the mission. I won't accept a group with him on it.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:55 pm

Post by Jal »

It looks like someone deleted my post and the last few messages are still the same from last time.

Dragons/Talah's alignment depends on whether you think this is a town slip:

In post 63, Save The Dragons wrote:I don't know, this is why I'd rather talk for a bit than have, for example,
BNL see 2 or 3 of his spy buddies in the top 3-4 spots and tell his buds "hey, you should pass the first, fail the second, we'll blame the new person and be in a somewhat decent position for the rest of the game under this false pretext of 'information.'
" I don't think that's the case, but I'd almost rather see if we can suss that out rather than just follow mr. "I'm going to wait for everyone to post J/K LEZ GO NOW"
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:53 pm

Post by Jal »

Sorry I've been away. Didn't realize how quickly time has gone by this week.

I'll look over what has been said and make a vote if I still can.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #10) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:29 am

Post by Jal »

First off, I am not going to propose a team I'm not on.

We already know just from looking at the numbers, there has to be lots of scum who passed the first mission. This makes looking at voting history in that way a waste of time. It's just wifom.

My strongest town reads are on SC and lilith, so my inclination right now is for: Me/SC/Lilith +2.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:14 am

Post by Jal »

I'm not sending a team with all the members of the one I was on that failed. BNL, what you're saying doesn't disprove or deny what I said. I've also explained most of my reasoning going into votes.

Propose: BBmolla, Lilith, StrangerCoug, Jal, pablito

A lot of this assumes one scum on the first mission and it's BNL.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:56 pm

Post by Jal »

Lilith, you've said like, nothing about Bowser until now and when everyone is also anti him.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:02 pm

Post by Jal »

Have you made up your mind Jelly?
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:03 am

Post by Jal »

StrangerCoug, I don't understand why you wouldn't ask about this stuff before the vote went through if you had such intense misgivings.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”