Fantasy LCS 2014 Spring Split - SCHEDULE DRAFTS!

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:18 am

Post by dramonic »

Egopost
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:19 am

Post by Nexus »

Capitalise the 'N', bitch.

Edit: @Quadz.
Trans rights are human rights.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:32 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 24, quadz08 wrote:
In post 21, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Yeah I got that.

What I'm asking is how the minimum of one player per role and each player is on only one team interact. Or did I mess up and you're not still running that? Like, you can't take the last adc if someone doesn't have an adc in their team yet.
No player will be able to draft in such a way that another player will be unable to have at least one player of any position. I'll add that rule in.
Ehh? I thought we talked about this and said that there's enough in the player pool leftover to warrant it being valid, plus if someone really wants to horde ADCs to try and force other members of their league to trade with them, it's a viable strategy.
green shirt thursdays
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:38 pm

Post by Saki »

/out
retired
LoL - Atlantica / Viera Assassin (NA)
FFXIV - Seiina Araki of
Coeurl
Sargantanas
unsubbed
GTKAS: Saki
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:32 pm

Post by quadz08 »

In post 27, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 24, quadz08 wrote:
In post 21, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Yeah I got that.

What I'm asking is how the minimum of one player per role and each player is on only one team interact. Or did I mess up and you're not still running that? Like, you can't take the last adc if someone doesn't have an adc in their team yet.
No player will be able to draft in such a way that another player will be unable to have at least one player of any position. I'll add that rule in.
Ehh? I thought we talked about this and said that there's enough in the player pool leftover to warrant it being valid, plus if someone really wants to horde ADCs to try and force other members of their league to trade with them, it's a viable strategy.
I think we discussed that your friend did that, but it's functionally impossible in fantasy football to remove
every
player of a certain position. If we don't put a restriction on that, we could force someone into a situation where they literally cannot pick a single player of some position, and I don't think that should be allowed. (Especially when there's a rule that says you have to have one of each position at all times.)
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Selkies
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Selkies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:58 pm

Post by Selkies »

cs score is ridiculously silly as it is right now

more than half of adc/mid's score will come from that alone (win score aside)

nobody will pick supports
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by quadz08 »

you underestimate the sheer number of assists a support gets in your average game, I think
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:20 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 29, quadz08 wrote:I think we discussed that your friend did that, but it's functionally impossible in fantasy football to remove every player of a certain position. If we don't put a restriction on that, we could force someone into a situation where they literally cannot pick a single player of some position, and I don't think that should be allowed. (Especially when there's a rule that says you have to have one of each position at all times.)
I mean, that also means that someone could draft poorly and not take a specific role early enough and take their backups before they take their starters and they don't get punished for it.

There are 16 ADCs available to draft for 8 players; That would mean that one person would have to take FOUR ADCs (the max number they could have on their roster) to bring the pool down to 12, and even then, the other 7 players could each take 1 and there'd still be five leftover.

If two people took FOUR AD Carries, it'd bring the pool down to 8, the other 6 people could each take 1 and there'd still be two leftover.

Yes, if three people in the league each hoarded ADCs, it'd bring the pool down to only 4 leftover, and people could theoretically be fucked. But you have to remember... picks are completely public knowledge, so if you're in a draft and you see three people each take an ADC in the first three rounds, and you DON'T pick one, then you're just kind of asking for it. Like... honestly, if three people move in on this strategy, 6/10 ADCs are gone, and since we're doing snake, there's enough time for people to react to that play by picking up ADCs. It would require a concerted group effort between multiple people to rig the draft that way, and even if they pulled it off, there'd be enough time for any player with half a brain to respond.
Selkies wrote:cs score is ridiculously silly as it is right now

more than half of adc/mid's score will come from that alone (win score aside)

nobody will pick supports
The beauty is that you have to start a support! And honestly, I think supports will wind up being the most valuable position. A support that helps out during a teamfight in which there's an ace on the enemy team will earn 15 points just like that (13 if they die during the encounter).

As for your CS concerns, the reason it's done like this is because we wanted to work from a standard idea and go out from there. That standard idea was that gold wins games, so we put an equivalency into the equation: ~15 CS == 1 kill. However, standing still and CSing is obviously easier than getting a kill, and kills tend to impact the game more, so we had kills count for double of a CS iteration. We scaled the "limit" up for the roles where it's generally easier to farm (ADC because you have a support to help; Mid lane because it's just 1v1) and scaled the limit down for roles where farming is a tad harder (jungle farm is limited; Top lane often winds up in a 2v1 and thus it is harder to farm).
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:15 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I did a test sample just straight up taking EG's three games that they won during the promotion matches and Curse's three games that they won during the promotion matches:
Spoiler: Results

Compare and contrast... in Curse's case, Voyboy & Cop were the highest scorers on their team, and they're arguably the best players on Curse.

Similarly, in EG's case, Snoopeh just went the fuck off with Krepo and they were the highest scorers.

Based on this test case, I feel the numbers are accurate -- when I look at those final scores, I feel someone who started all Curse players should've lost to someone who started all EG players in that situation, and the point discrepancies I feel accurately reflect a player's participation.

Krepo had a big impact on his games as support and racked up MAJOR points for it. Meanwhile, Zekent had little to no impact his first two games that were counted here, and his score suffered for it.

Knowing which players on a team are likely to make an impact is a big part of fantasy sports.

Spoiler: Random Thought Tangent
Someone may look at this and go, "Well then, it's clearly best to draft a team that's going to do well, all C9 picks here I come!" But you also have to keep in mind, in a situation like EG's where they are just steamrolling their games, it causes other roles to underscore on that team because there's a finite amount of kills/CS available on the map, and the better a team does, the quicker they're going to win, giving the other roles less time to catch up. That's why, even though Yellowpete did
fine
those games, he didn't quite put up the same type of numbers that Cop did.
green shirt thursdays
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:47 am

Post by quadz08 »

In post 32, xRECKONERx wrote:I mean, that also means that someone could draft poorly and not take a specific role early enough and take their backups before they take their starters and they don't get punished for it.

There are 16 ADCs available to draft for 8 players; That would mean that one person would have to take FOUR ADCs (the max number they could have on their roster) to bring the pool down to 12, and even then, the other 7 players could each take 1 and there'd still be five leftover.

If two people took FOUR AD Carries, it'd bring the pool down to 8, the other 6 people could each take 1 and there'd still be two leftover.

Yes, if three people in the league each hoarded ADCs, it'd bring the pool down to only 4 leftover, and people could theoretically be fucked. But you have to remember... picks are completely public knowledge, so if you're in a draft and you see three people each take an ADC in the first three rounds, and you DON'T pick one, then you're just kind of asking for it. Like... honestly, if three people move in on this strategy, 6/10 ADCs are gone, and since we're doing snake, there's enough time for people to react to that play by picking up ADCs. It would require a concerted group effort between multiple people to rig the draft that way, and even if they pulled it off, there'd be enough time for any player with half a brain to respond.
I think you are right. I'll drop the rule.

Re: random thought tangent - Also keep in mind that the teams that are expected to steamroll (C9, TSM, etc) are probably going to lose players to multiple teams in the first round or two. I fully expect Snoopeh and Krepo to go to different players in the first two rounds, for example; same with Meteos and Hai.
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:28 pm

Post by Svenskt Stål »

Will trading slots be allowed during the draft?

For example, ABCCBA, I am A but cant find aything to my likeing and want to switch with C.

There should also be a ban on talking about undrafted in the thread during the draft.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:28 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Not during draft, no. You can trade up until the draft after leagues are finalized, but I literally can't think of a reason you'd want to do that.
green shirt thursdays
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:48 pm

Post by quadz08 »

As a note, everyone please keep in mind that you
have
to be available for the draft between weeks 2 and 3 if you want to participate. The two leagues will probably try to set up a live-drafting time if at all possible, but in the more likely situation that it's not, we'll basically start it Monday sometime and go via threadposts as quickly as possible. (I'll talk to Captain Mish-Mash Guy about the protocol for making a second thread so the two leagues can draft separately to avoid confusion).

Whee!
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:25 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

League #1:
1. Reck (Commissioner)
2. Grimmjow
3. kdowns
4. Maestro + Klazam
5. Nexus
6. orcinus
7. Panzer
8. RedPanda

League #2:
1. quadz (Commissioner)
2. LLD
3. GreyICE
4. dramonic
5. Svenskt Stal + Kise
6. chesskid
7. animorpherv
8. Siveure DtTrikyp

This is how the leagues are looking right now.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:35 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Live draft will probably have to be done via Google Docs; or, if everyone in my group has access to Google Hangouts, I can livestream the draft and take picks via IM/Skype/GChat/etc
green shirt thursdays
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:48 pm

Post by quadz08 »

I don't know who you missed, but you missed somebody, since chess and ani are hydraing. Check post 1.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:03 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Saki /out'd. So I figured chess/ani were hydra'ing to let Siveure play, but since Saki outed, he has a spot now?
green shirt thursdays
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:20 pm

Post by Nexus »

Don't forget I'm in the UK, so if you want to do a live draft, it needs to be at a reasonable time for me, and if it's during a week day...
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:25 pm

Post by quadz08 »

Oh, missed Saki /out'ing. Good catch.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:31 pm

Post by Nexus »

Although if it's done via google docs, I can access those at work.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:37 pm

Post by kdowns »

Also I am guessing the leagues were hand picked?
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:45 pm

Post by Svenskt Stål »

yeah i dont think they were randed, which is pretty lol.
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:43 am

Post by quadz08 »

They're mostly random. Reck and I were placed in separate leagues, a couple of known personality conflicts were placed in appropriate leagues, and then everyone else was randomized.
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:58 pm

Post by Svenskt Stål »

They are mostly random?

Just lol, I assume its alot of weak asses in recks league. NO PUN INTENDED.

Grow up for fuck sake.
Svenskt Stål
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Svenskt Stål
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:31 pm

Post by Svenskt Stål »

I mean its not like you checked personality issues with everyone, which in that case would be understandable.

But somehow Reck is special.

Quadz, just lol, pro mod.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”