The Resistance: Frigid Volcano (3-1 ) (Final - Mission 4)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:11 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

Well... yay! But yeah, Thur played an excellent spy game, and although it was obvious Siv was a spy, BE really did screw the group over. Oh well.
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:42 am

Post by Titus »

Siv, I may have approved Siv/cc/ika/random...but Thur and DC did not belong on mssion 4. My goal on mission 4 was to generate a conftown.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:35 am

Post by Siveure DtTrikyp »

Okay, that was kinda arrogant and wrong of me beforehand. I was really obv-spy. And it is a team-game.

Thur, two things. 1) How does not being able to trust your spybuddies make doing mission 4 instead of mission 3 better? You now have to get one of those spybuddies onto the mission with you.
2) If you can't win by yourself, don't bus to the point of oblivion. I'd have just been a probable spy instead of an all but confirmed one had you not pointed out the communication I was trying. Wouldn't have made a difference until mebbe mission 5, but w/e.

Thur didn't play a great spy-game. He did a rather good scum-game, but this isn't mafia. He got everyone to trust him at the cost of the posting spybuddy and lost the game by himself. I kept posting when I did partly to make it possible for me to be viewed as resistance eventually, but also mostly to further distance from thur.

For all that I was an obvious spy, you got thur wrong. Those resistance that got that it was thur-spy i.e diplo, thought I wasn't one. We had the game all nicely polarized into two blocks with a spy in each and the lurkers, which is pretty much a won game for the spies. I sincerely doubt that the majority opinion could have swayed on diplo/thur without also seeing me as resistance. (Sure, maybe you'd never have seen me as resistance, but you also probably wouldn't have seen that diplo was resistance).

Titus, I'm talking about for my mission. Mostly I was trolling with my selection, but there may have been an element of "thur is next, they trust thur, he'll get ika onto it." (Bleurgh clarity in modding pls). You wanted ika with the mission 3 team at that point I think.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:53 am

Post by ika »

I agree, looking back, thur did kinda gamethrow mission 3 essensaly and made mission 4 impossible for us. It was really my point of just "welp we lost"

If mission 3 was ours i could of seen us getting though mission 4 to resistance and banking it on mission 5.

Not to really rehash or even harp but some adivce:

thur, this is a team game you should not of done what you did, if it was mafia i could see it but in this its not possible. If you are a character of bussign allies, i dont think this is the right game for you. the concpts are similar but not every strat can be used in mafia as it is in resistance

I would love to see you play a mafia game with that kind of play though, but not a resistance game if we go again
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:45 am

Mission 4 wasn't impossible, just the exact reasoning for why thur passed mission 3 is why he should NEVER HAVE PASSED MISSION 3 EVER. Earth was useless and I was confspy. Which of us do you BS onto the mission, and how do you get away with it to get someone onto mission 5?

I was reasonably confident he could get you onto the mission, and we'd have mission 5 in the bag. I was just really worried because it was never gonna be me on mission 4.

But earth did do horrendous. He tried to get a 2 spy mission in the first one. His turnaround from "hey take this guy" to "NO YOU'RE A SPY" was really weird. My first thought was "did he read the bit about thur being a spy?" Then he ACTUALLY picked 2 spies. Wtf man.

But ika, the bussing was fine. Him bussing me got him enormous towncred. He just completely misused it. He could probably have gotten onto mission 5 after failing mission 3.

And everyone busses. It's instinctive when your first thought is "Do as I'd do as town."
Feirei
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:25 am

Post by Feirei »

I wondered why he passed it. Wasn't a very smart move..
I apologize if certain words are misspelled. My sister got too liberal with liquid drinks near the laptop.

~Current number of pre-ins for Fire vs Ice Mafia: 0/6~

You never know what you've got until it's gone.
You can call me Fei, Feirei, or Kari.
Thurhame
Thurhame
Goon
Thurhame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by Thurhame »

If I had failed mission three, given the current attitudes that would have left me all but confirmed scum. Since Titus had forced me to declare my support for Earth over Random earlier, I was afraid that would let him figure out the scumteam, with me unable to oppose him for leadership.

On the other hand, by waiting for mission 4, I kept Earth/ika in the fourth town slot. Even if a different mission was proposed (which I wasn't expecting, given that I was supposed to be next after Siv), there was no way Diplomat would pass it. It seemed to be by far the lesser of the two risks.
Thurhame
Thurhame
Goon
Thurhame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:34 pm

Post by Thurhame »

Which goes to show just how afraid of Titus I was. You're probably right; we probably could have had a good chance at mission 5 regardless. My other mistake, bussing Siv much earlier than I should have, also came from being thrown off balance by her.
Last edited by Thurhame on Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by Titus »

Who all is up for 5p? I host?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Thurhame
Thurhame
Goon
Thurhame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by Thurhame »

Definitely. I'd like to make up for this disaster. I'd also like to be resistance for once.

EDIT: Please use Xalxe's "every player must vote" rule. I hated the defaults on mission 1 and 2, let alone the one that brought the game to a premature end.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by ika »

In post 383, Titus wrote:Who all is up for 5p? I host?
i can cohost/backup when your busy, i know you have quite a few things going on at times that can delay you so i rather do that.
Feirei
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:51 pm

Post by Feirei »

not really interested. sorry.
I apologize if certain words are misspelled. My sister got too liberal with liquid drinks near the laptop.

~Current number of pre-ins for Fire vs Ice Mafia: 0/6~

You never know what you've got until it's gone.
You can call me Fei, Feirei, or Kari.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:57 am

Post by Titus »

In post 384, Thurhame wrote:Definitely. I'd like to make up for this disaster. I'd also like to be resistance for once.

EDIT: Please use Xalxe's "every player must vote" rule. I hated the defaults on mission 1 and 2, let alone the one that brought the game to a premature end.
What happens if a player fails to submit? I probably will.

Thanks ika.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:38 am

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

In post 384, Thurhame wrote:Definitely. I'd like to make up for this disaster. I'd also like to be resistance for once.

THIS.

Replace people if they don't submit, frfr.
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
Siveure DtTrikyp
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Siveure DtTrikyp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:02 am

A lot of the modding decisions weren't clear until they were implemented. This is pretty terrible. The possibilities every time the mod does something like this are:

You had a policy for the situation but didn't mention it;
You didn't think of it and made it up on the fly;
You're just jerking us around (ie bastard modding).

The first two are acceptable in moderation (um... but yeah, who thinks of "how do these two weird roles that are not in my game interact" And there are a LOT of rules you can cover), but overdo it and it becomes either bastardy or just bad.
You were trying, so it's acceptable, but it was pretty close to the line for me.

And titus, I can't join. I have stuff that will keep me fully participating until the 20th of this month. I'm lucky the game finished when it did.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”