Island of Misfit Toys

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Island of Misfit Toys

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:44 am

Post by Blackberry »

Welcome to the
Island of Misfit Toys
. This is a storytelling game for funs :cool:. Anyone may post to contribute to the story, but there are some guidelines on what actions you can take and the general premise of the story.

The Premise

A group of strangers (or are they?) awaken on a mysterious island with no knowledge of where they came from or what they're doing here.

The Rules

1. You may only post once every 24 hours, OR, after 4 other people have posted. Whichever comes first.
2. Each post you create is worth 1 point.
3. Do whatever you want! Well, with the exception of those below! Your goal is to progress the story, create mysteries, find solutions, try to get off the mysterious island. You may change or advance the premise in any way you can imagine.
4. Have fun! Wreck havoc! Be creative! This is now your island.

Creating a Character

1. The first character you create is free.
2. All other characters cost 2 points.
3. Your character does not have to be human.

Killing off a Character

1. Killing off a character (anyone's character) costs 4 points.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Blackberry »

"HELP! SOMEBODY HELP!" a young woman screamed as chaos unfolds around her.

(Moments earlier)

"Like, oh, em, gee, where am I?"
Barbara
stood up and wiped off the sand that was scattered on her torn dress. "This is totes disgusting!" Her eyes darted around the beach, trying to get a grasp on where she was. A pounding headache keeping her from focusing on anything in particular. Noises. Sand. Ugly People. Ugh, where's my cell phone?

"Totes going to snap chat this," Barbara whipped out her cell phone and let out a shriek. Although perfectly in tact, it wouldn't turn on.

"HELP! SOMEBODY HELP!" Barbara screamed, "I NEED TO CHARGE MY CELL PHONE!"
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:18 am

Post by PrivateI »

Woody
awoke with a start. He rolled over, attempting to find the blanket he knew was covering himself and Little Bo Peep. As he opened his eyes, he realized something was wrong. Where was the comforting ceiling of Andy's room, the cheery, yet frightening Aerosmith poster hung somewhat creepily on the wall? He saw stars overhead, a marvelous backdrop to the enormous full moon shining down on him. As he lifted his head, he saw...a palm tree? Where was he? He scrambled to his feet, stray particles of sand scampering down his plaid shirt as he arose.
Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:56 pm

Post by Cybele »

Dear, oh dear,
thought
Smoky
, the amorphous, sentient, black smoke monster,
This doesn't appear to be my island at all
Smoky
swept its headdish thing leftwards and rightwards, billowing nervishly as it took in its surroundings. Where were the friendly plane crashees? The unfriendly natives? The number motifs or bizarrely unindigenous bears? All
Smoky
saw was boring, old sand and trees.
Something simply wasn't right.
Bless my stars, that constellation doesn't belong there. Am I even in the same hemisphere?
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:17 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Barbara
gets annoyed that nobody has fetched her a phone charger. She looks out at the sea. Some little girl gets swept away in the ocean and cries for help. Barbara just states with annoyance as the little girl drowns.

"Uhh, why are you dying? Won't anyone get me a charger?" Barbara walks around and stumbles into Woody.

"Hello handsome!" she greets him in a friendly manner. "Do you happen to know where I can get a phone charger?"

Just then, incredinly loud carnival music begins playing in the distance.
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:45 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

Barbara's face crumples. "Ew, gawd, what is that awful sound?" she says with her usual charming whine.

She walks toward the sound, squinting through the thick of the tropical forest inland. Not looking where she's going, she trips on a rock.

"Ugh! Stupid rock! Gawdddd!"

She looks over on the ground, realizing the sound is blasting through her right ear.

"Oh! A cell phone! Hoorayyyy! Mine!"

"Sorry, lady, that's mine."

She looks up at a hulking figure before her.

"I don't want your phone with your shitty ringtone anyway." Barbara mumbles under her breath.

"I have a very particular taste in music. I blame the convicts." He chuckles, as if recalling a funny memory. "Those rascals... Oh! Pardon me." He helps Barbara up. "You can call me the
Warden
. Can't be too careful around here with names." Barbara glares at the Warden. "It was an alarm, anyway. No bars out here."

Barbara gives a slight smile, still a bit annoyed, but nonetheless charmed by the authority of the Warden's speech. "Barbara." She says.

"Pleasure."
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:07 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Off in the distance, Jej the tigershark smelled fresh blood in the water. He began his approach...
To be clear: quack
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by Blackberry »

(Moments earlier)

Smoky
swift scanned the area attempting to scan beings for intimate flashback or horrible secrets. Whilst thrashing about, Smoky unknowingly threw
Woody
up into the air, and into the ocean.

Woody was frightened and wet. Well of course he was wet, he was in the ocean, but his mouth tasted wet, he brushed his lips and looked at his fingers. Blood. He was bleeding. But he was a cowboy. And cowboys don't fuss. "I'll show the rowdy smoked-outlaw a thing or too when I get back."

Jej
the tigershark approached the cowboy.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:03 am

Post by Brandi »

"Eugh..."

A small, plush, girl-framed, doll stood shakily amongst the abandoned rubble.
Slovenly, she rubbed her round button eyes and managed a faint,
"where... am I?"

As the doll began trekking forwards, her vision jolted from left to right in an attempt to make sense of the scene around her. Everything was bleak and gray and more lifeless than her poorly stitched together body.
"And who..."
her voice quickly trailed off as she caught a sizable look at the state her body was in.
She was filthy.
The doll frantically patted herself down but was ill-met by the resulting dust cloud.
She
coughed
, and
coughed
, and
winced
and
coughed,
and finally... she saw her first glimpse of color.
From her curled ginger hair to her vibrantly mismatched stockings, there was certainly a lot hidden beneath that dust. But the most interesting discovery, she found, was the peculiar purple lettering stitched into the edge of her dress.
"...Molly?"

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”