This Game is the Worst-Case Scenario [Q.166]

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:20 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

137 A
138 B
139 B
140 Fall Over.
B

141 A
142 B
143 B
144 A
145 A
146 B
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:26 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Are the unanswered individual questions going to come up for everyone?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:20 am

Post by Mitillos »

#137: A
#138: A
#139: B
#140: B
#141: A
#142: A
#143: A
#144: B
#145: A
#146: A
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:28 am

Post by sthar8 »

137- A
138- A
139- B
140- A
141- A
142- A
143- A
144- A
145- A
146-A

My test taking instincts are nervous at the number of A's, but oh well.

All three answers for 146 are incorrect, btw.
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:45 am

Post by KingdomAces »

Might as well get back in to this now.

AB
C-Why drunk drivers sustain less damage than the people they crash into.
AABAABB
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:58 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

137- B
138- A
139- B
140- B
141- A
142- A
143- A
144- A
145- A
146-A
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:39 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Did this die?
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:56 pm

Post by diginova »

No, I've just been away from the question cards. I'll update tomorrow.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:08 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 206, Cheery Dog wrote:Did this die?
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:51 pm

Post by DarkLightA »

In post 208, sthar8 wrote:
In post 206, Cheery Dog wrote:Did this die?
Feirei
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Feirei
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:19 pm

Post by Feirei »

/out
I apologize if certain words are misspelled. My sister got too liberal with liquid drinks near the laptop.

~Current number of pre-ins for Fire vs Ice Mafia: 0/6~

You never know what you've got until it's gone.
You can call me Fei, Feirei, or Kari.
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:09 am

Post by diginova »

It seems like the parking ticket is all-powerful and will prevent your car from being stolen. That must suck for those people who lose their tickets, their car being trapped in the garage forever.

HOW TO KEEP YOUR CAR FROM BEING STOLEN FROM A PARKING LOT

A
Take your exit ticket with you when you leave the car.
B
Always park on the first floor, near the attendant.
C
Park next to a wall or structure. Pull the car all the way into the spot and turn your wheels tightly against the wall.

So it seems that jumping off a train and a car are very similar... who would have guessed?

HOW TO JUMP FROM A MOVING CAR

A
Tuck-in your arms and legs, jump at an angle, then roll when you hit the ground.
B
Jump in the opposite direction that the car is moving, then roll like a log with your arms and legs straight.
C
Climb to the window and push off the steering wheel with your foot, steering the car away from you.

I don't know how to pull your feet underneath you when you're seated in a car, but the rest of the advice is sound.

HOW TO ASSUME THE IMPACT POSITION WHEN IN A CAR

A
Cover your eyes with one hand and the back of your neck with the other. Extend your legs and take deep breaths.
B
Drop your chin to your chest and put your hands behind your head. Tuck you elbows together and pull your feet underneath you.
C
Try to completely relax any muscles in your body.

You may slide around a bit, but at least you're in a controlled fall when you drop down instead of one caused by sudden deceleration.

HOW TO REACT WHEN A TRAIN SUDDENLY BRAKES

A
Throw yourself on the floor and rest your chin on your chest.
B
If you are standing, sit on another passenger; if you are sitting, pull another passenger onto you.
C
Immediately run to the closest exit and jump off the train.

I'm not sure about the medical benefits of warm milk, but being properly hydrated and having potassium in your system is supposedly a good way to prevent cramps.

HOW TO PREVENT NIGHTTIME LEG CRAMPS

A
Eat a banana before bed and drink plenty of water throughout the day.
B
Drink a cup of warm milk before bed.
C
Take an over-the-counter diuretic to reduce the potassium in the system.

Eww. Eww. NOPE. Then you only have dead fly larvae in your skin instead of live ones... I guess that's a benefit? Also, I originally read that as hot bacon fat, which is a very different way of solving that issue... much more painful.

HOW TO TREAT A FLY LARVAE SKIN INFESTATION

A
Cover the larva's breathing hole with bacon fat or chewing gum.
B
Submerge the infested area in hot water.
C
Leave infected area alone; the larvae will come out on their own.

Yeah, flavor error there... Trichinosis worms take a while to reveal their presence, but then they take up residence in your muscles, causing aches, pain and swelling.

HOW TO RECOGNIZE TRICHINOSIS

A
Within two weeks of ingesting infected meat, symptoms include high fever, muscle aches, swelling around the eyes, and joint pain.
B
Within 48 hours of ingesting infected meat, symptoms include sore throat, headache, delirium and frequent nosebleeds.
C
Within a few hours after ingesting infected meat, symptoms include swelling of the feet, ringing in the ears, and flushed skin.

Lower tire pressure increases friction, but also increases the surface area of the wheels allowing more traction. Luckily none of you thought blasting the heater in the desert was a good idea.

HOW TO DRIVE ON DESERT SAND

A
Deflate the tires a little bit and don't change gears once you start driving.
B
Do not exceed 15 mph and apply the brakes only when absolutely necessary.
C
Turn on the heater and headlights, and turn the wheel as little as possible.

You seem to have somehow time traveled to 1340s Europe, as there haven't been too many plague outbreaks in the last 50 years; it hasn't been considered a pandemic since 1959.

HOW TO RECOGNIZE THE BUBONIC PLAGUE

A
Symptoms include fever, chills, severe fatigue, vomiting and enlarged and tender lymph nodes.
B
Symptoms include persistent coughing and wheezing, inability to sleep, and bloody urine.
C
Symptoms include swelling of the tongue, dry mouth, and an unbearable throbbing in the throat and neck, followed by the inability to hold up one's head.

Pine nuts roasting on an open fire... The issue is pine nuts are a lot of work. You have to shell the nuts, and the size of them greatly depends on species of tree and time of year. The bark is also edible, but you just have to shave off the inner bark, and then either boil or fry it. No need to make a paste.

HOW TO GET FOOD FROM A PINE TREE

A
Roast closed pinecones over a fire to open them, then when they open, take out the pine nuts and eat them.
B
Shave the bark off the tree and mash it into a paste, then bake or fry the paste.
C
The whole pinecone can be eaten raw or cooked.

Spoiler: Full Results
Player137138139140141142143144145146AccOverall
AnswersAABAAAAAAA
JDGA
A
A
B
A
A
B
B
A
B
B
6-412-9 (.571)
swyellowtail
A
A
B
B
B
A
B
B
C
B
4-69-9 (.500)
xalxe
A
A
B
A
A
B
B
B
A
B
6-46-4 (.600)
DiplomatDC
B
A
B
A
B
B
C
A
B
C
4-66-7 (.462)
Cheery Dog
A
B
B
B
A
B
B
A
A
B
5-59-8 (.529)
Mitillos
A
A
B
B
A
A
A
B
A
A
8-215-4 (.789)
sthar8
A
A
B
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
10-016-3 (.842)
KingdomAces
A
B
C
A
A
B
A
A
B
B
5-59-10 (.474)
inspirateloos
B
A
B
B
A
A
A
A
A
A
8-214-5 (.737)
DarkLightA
B
A
B
A
A
B
A
A
C
A
7-38-4 (.667)

New questions in a couple hours.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by JDGA »

In post 211, diginova wrote:
sthar8
A
A
B
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
10-0

WHAT.
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by sthar8 »

:D
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:41 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 211, diginova wrote:So it seems that jumping off a train and a car are very similar... who would have guessed?

I went with the wrong part of the jumping from the train. (I just read roll like a log in both of them)

I was also almost at what to do if the train suddenly breaks as i said fall over, but i didn't answer throw to the ground because i felt if you didn't already have a seat, the train was way too crowded to be able to throw yourself down.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:39 pm

Post by sthar8 »

"cop a feel" is great advice in any disaster fwiw
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:30 pm

Post by inspiratieloos »

What I always learned it that you should sit with your back towards the direction the train is moving, so you're pressed into your seat when it crashes, so I went with the closest to that.
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:52 pm

Post by diginova »

These 10 questions are posed to everyone; answer any or all of them.
Post your answers in the thread; you can PM if you want to keep your answers a secret, but it doesn't matter much with these questions.
The next set of questions will be posted in (expired on 2014-10-21 06:51:34). (For real this time.)

Text in italics is flavor text. I write it before looking at the choices for the question that's coming up, so do not use any text that appears there to help determine the answer. There is only one correct answer to each question, but I know that answer about as much as you do. Good luck everyone!
With apologies to Xalxe.

Xalxe never knew that quitting his job as Mish Mash Janitor, though a good idea in and of itself, would cause through some combination of quantum mechanics and butterflies a series of events that can only be described as...
Worst-Case Scenarios.
Or not. With this game you can never tell.

It all started with the freak blizzard in the middle of October, that forced him to remember...

HOW TO DEFROST A FROZEN CAR LOCK

A
Light a match and use it to heat the key; the heated key should defrost the lock.
B
Place your mouth over the lock, and breathe into it to melt the ice.
C
Throw hot water into the lock, then quickly insert the key.

As he was the moderator of an Internet forum, he was used to receiving death threats from members that were unhappy with him (hopefully not!). That's why he learned by heart...

HOW TO TELL IF YOUR CAR HAS BEEN TAMPERED WITH

A
When you park at night, spread sand around the car so you can check for suspicious footprints.
B
Dust the entire car with baby powder inside and out.
C
Put matching colored clay on the floor mats of the car.

Safe that he was secure and that there was no lemonade, potato, and Save the Dragons nearby, he decided to go on a cruise as part of a well-deserved rest. Things went amazingly smoothly for the first couple days, until the ship hit an iceberg in the middle of the Caribbean and started to sink. Hopefully someone on board knew...

HOW TO PREPARE FOR A LIFEBOAT RESCUE

A
Send the sick or injured aboard the rescue craft first; supporting them as much as possible as they are pulled to safety.
B
The fittest survivor should board the rescue craft first, securing a line under the armpits and between the legs.
C
The heaviest survivor should board the rescue craft first while the crew is fresh.

After five days at sea, everyone else had been voted overboard one by one in a real-life game of Mafia, and only Xalxe (the Godfather of course) remained. Land was nowhere in site though, so he thought up ideas on...

HOW TO SLOW DEHYDRATION

A
As your water supply dwindles, wean yourself from water by decreasing your ration amount.
B
Substitute urine or sweat for water.
C
Do not eat.

Land! Glorious land! There was an island in the distance, but sadly a sand bar prevented him from bringing the boat all the way to shore. He decided to swim, but did he know...

HOW TO SWIM IN THE OCEAN SAFELY

A
Only swim alone during the day in moderate to calm to moderate* sea conditions.
B
Try swimming in waste** deep water to check the currents and water/whether*** conditions before heading out over your head.
C
Stay away from patches of plants, pilings and diving platforms when swimming.
*Yes, that's as it's written on the card. Roll with it. Total typos: 5
**Twice on the same card! Yes, they got mixed up on waste and waist. They really put no effort into this game. Total typos: 6
***Holy crap, THREE TIMES on the same card! Hint: it's weather, not whether. Lrn2spl. Total typos: 7

He made it to shore, but as it started to get dark he started to miss everyone on MafiaScum, even the members of F62. He stayed up all night worrying, but he wouldn't have had to if he had known...

HOW TO FALL ASLEEP IN UNFAMILIAR PLACES

A
Eat foods high in tryptophan, such as turkey, figs and nut butters before bed.
B
Eat foods high in tyramine, including potatoes, sauerkraut, or sausages, before bed.
C
Increase the temperature in the room by 10°F of what it usually is when you sleep.

The next day, he wandered into the mountains to try finding fresh water or food so he could start surviving and hopefully getting back to civilization. Too bad he wandered too close to a den, so he had to quickly decide...

HOW TO ESCAPE FROM A MOUNTAIN LION

A
Crouch down and stay very still.
B
Stand still, holding your coat open.
C
Start hissing and spitting at the lion until he retreats.

Luckily for him, a wild Toto decided to scare away the cowardly (mountain) lion for him, but after, the dog turned its attention to him! If only he had known...

HOW TO RESPOND TO A DOG ATTACK

A
Try to run away, climb a tree, or jump onto a high surface.
B
Scream for help, but do not fight back.
C
Try and put something between you and the dog, such as a stick or a coat.

He took the mountain lion carcass back to camp, and carved up the meat so he wouldn't starve. He also decided to not let any part of the animal go to waste, so he looked in his survival manual and looked up...

HOW TO CURE FURS

A
Stretch the skin as tightly as possible, and leave it in the sun to dry, ensuring it does not get wet.
B
Stretch the skin as tightly as possible, then repeat the process of soaking it in water and drying it until the fur has a sheen when dry.
C
After thoroughly cleaning the skin, roll it, fur side in, into a tight roll. Cover it with clay, and bury it in hot coals for two hours.

As the furs were curing, he saw something that made his blood freeze. A poor, defenseless little bird was lying there with what looked like a sprained wing. Luckily, he knew this one! He was 100% sure...

HOW TO AID AN INJURED BIRD

A
Move the bird to a high place in a tree. Give it water, and call a veterinarian.
B
Carefully place the bird in a box or bag punched with holes, and call a veterinarian.
C
Immobilize the bird by placing it in a confined, ventilated space, so it will not cause itself further injury. Call a veterinarian.

After the local veterinarian on the deserted island nursed the bird back to health, strangely it flew onto Xalxe's shoulder and whispered into his ear, "You've been able to get back all along. Just click your heels together three times, and say "There's no place like MafiaScum!" and you'll find yourself back home." Xalxe thanked the bird, and did what he said...

...And woke up back at home. Turns out it was all just a dream. What a gyp.
Last edited by diginova on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:18 am

Post by JDGA »

Probably the best story Mafiascum has ever seen.

147. A
148. A
149. A
150. A
151. B
152. B
153. A
154. B
155. B
156. B
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:32 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

during the say? (is it a fourth of 151 or did you make that error?)

147. B
148. A
149. A
150. B
151. C
152. B
153. B
154. C
155. B
156. C
Seriously depends on what it's injuries are though.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:52 am

Post by Xalxe »

*sheds a single tear of beauty*
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Mitillos
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:56 am

Post by Mitillos »

147. B
148. A
149. B
150. B
151. B
152. C
153. C
154. C
155. B
156. B

I may have rolled a die for some of these. :P
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:12 am

Post by KingdomAces »

BACAACACBB
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:02 am

Post by Xalxe »

BABBBBAABB
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:59 am

Post by DarkLightA »

AAAAAABCAB

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”