Elect the Executioner

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:59 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

You just vote for whoever didn't kill you. That easy enough?
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:03 am

Post by Axxle »

What if neither killed you?
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:08 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

To answer your questions, Ceph:

What's so wrong with writing fanfiction? As someone who actually writes fanfics in their spare time, your lack of appreciation for the art is kinda saddening. Especially because writing out entertaining stories seemed to kind of be the highlight of the game? I'm just saying, as someone who writes
a lot
of fanfiction, you can't tell me that no one put any effort into writing these executions scenes out. It takes time to write out paragraphs of an interesting story, so yeah, I don't think a single person in this game didn't try. So just, don't.

As for the other point, I'll have you know that I only rolled a die on the last turn because my previous strategy wouldn't have worked. What was that previous strategy, you ask? Well, I figured people would probably choose who to eliminate out of the pool of people who didn't give them points (obviously that wasn't a guarantee, but chances were a lot better) so I always just waited until it was obvious who was going to be voted as Executioner and added my points on. Pretty simple strategy, but it got me to the end, so, I can't say it didn't work.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:13 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 175, D3f3nd3r wrote:You just vote for whoever didn't kill you. That easy enough?

No, that's boring.

In post 177, PiggyGal15 wrote:To answer your questions, Ceph:

What's so wrong with writing fanfiction? As someone who actually writes fanfics in their spare time, your lack of appreciation for the art is kinda saddening. Especially because writing out entertaining stories seemed to kind of be the highlight of the game? I'm just saying, as someone who writes
a lot
of fanfiction, you can't tell me that no one put any effort into writing these executions scenes out. It takes time to write out paragraphs of an interesting story, so yeah, I don't think a single person in this game didn't try. So just, don't.

I wasn't saying that! I enjoyed writing mine too, and it's certainly the entire reason I played in the first place. Writing stories is awesome, but there was supposed to be a game here too, and I was kind of hoping someone would try to play it, but it didn't really feel to me like that happened!

In post 177, PiggyGal15 wrote:As for the other point, I'll have you know that I only rolled a die on the last turn because my previous strategy wouldn't have worked. What was that previous strategy, you ask? Well, I figured people would probably choose who to eliminate out of the pool of people who didn't give them points (obviously that wasn't a guarantee, but chances were a lot better) so I always just waited until it was obvious who was going to be voted as Executioner and added my points on. Pretty simple strategy, but it got me to the end, so, I can't say it didn't work.

Fair. That was probably the best strategy given that no one seemed to be interested in doing anything that wasn't bandwagoning the first person to get 6 points. Personally, I expected that people would see their early supporters as more valuable, but that didn't seem to happen, so I guess you had the read.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:24 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 178, Cephrir wrote:
In post 175, D3f3nd3r wrote:You just vote for whoever didn't kill you. That easy enough?

No, that's boring.

Geez Ceph, what do you think this is? Survivor?
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:31 am

Post by Axxle »

It could be that Ceph read this:

In post 0, Mist7676 wrote:
Q: So, basically it's a game of politics?

A: Well, duh.

Vote: Mist

Piggy's tactics were similar to mine (although I tried to get a bit earlier on wagons and buddy up to McMenno in particular), and it sounds like she'd appreciate the win more, so there's that.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

Piggy, your jury management skills need work ( :P ), but I appreciate that you at least had a decent answer.

VOTE: Mist
Bartleby the Scrivener
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:19 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Just look at your first few FTCs, Ceph, don't blame him. *cough*Monika*cough*
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:21 am

Post by Cephrir »

There's no need to be rude about it :'(
Bartleby the Scrivener
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:23 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

I'm joking though :P

Just look at mine in TBO's game.
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:33 am

Post by PrivateI »

VOTE: Piggy
JDGA
JDGA
Goon
JDGA
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:08 pm

Post by JDGA »

In post 178, Cephrir wrote:
In post 177, PiggyGal15 wrote:As for the other point, I'll have you know that I only rolled a die on the last turn because my previous strategy wouldn't have worked. What was that previous strategy, you ask? Well, I figured people would probably choose who to eliminate out of the pool of people who didn't give them points (obviously that wasn't a guarantee, but chances were a lot better) so I always just waited until it was obvious who was going to be voted as Executioner and added my points on. Pretty simple strategy, but it got me to the end, so, I can't say it didn't work.

Fair. That was probably the best strategy given that no one seemed to be interested in doing anything that wasn't bandwagoning the first person to get 6 points. Personally, I expected that people would see their early supporters as more valuable, but that didn't seem to happen, so I guess you had the read.

Well some people weren't doing this (
*coughcough*
), but then you killed them.
Fickle, cold and harsh or caring and warm
Strongly opinionated or barely invested, but a constant
You know the wind will always come back.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Well see, you're supposed to align
with
me, duh.
Bartleby the Scrivener
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:43 pm

Post by McMenno »

VOTE: Mist
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:39 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Well, this is an easy vote. One person didn't kill me. The other one did.

Vote: Mist
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:11 am

Post by Mist7676 »

It's 5-2 with 9 player jury, which means I win. I'll get a story up in a day or so. I don't even know why you guys picked me but thanks!
You Are Worth It
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:29 am

Post by Axxle »

Not sure if serious...

In post 0, Mist7676 wrote:
Q: What happens when there are only 2 players left? How can an Executioner be chosen?

A: The players previously eliminated from the game become the jury. They vote for the LOSER!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:18 am

Post by Cephrir »

yeah i was voting against you D:
Bartleby the Scrivener
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by PiggyGal15 »

Geez Mist, remember your own rules :P Am I supposed to be writing up a final execution scene?
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:12 am

Post by McMenno »

Yes, you are.
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:14 am

Post by Mist7676 »

Not my fault I just copied and pasted them! I just assumed the vote was like a jury. My bad!
You Are Worth It
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:58 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

It was just a simple game of chess. White vs. black. Pawns against Rooks, Queen against Bishops. King against King. It was supposed to be easy. Simple and fun. How did it spiral so terribly out of control?

Piggy and Mist had decided to play some games for the afternoon, they were the only two around and it seemed like the obvious thing to do. At first, they played Battleship. The game went fine, Piggy won by two hits, and they laughed it off, going to watch a movie.

After the movie, they realized no one had shown up yet. It was sort of weird, how they were the only two there. Surely someone else would appear soon. So they played Mastermind. Then Checkers, then Chinese Checkers, and even bringing out the cards to play Gin Rummy and War and even Blackjack. They were starting to run out of ideas, and still, no one else came.

Mist had no idea, when Piggy finally suggested they play Chess, that it had all been a trap. Right from the beginning.

They played one game, simple and easy and Piggy let Mist win, giving her a false sense of security. "Why don't we play again, but this time, I'll switch my Queen and King's positions?" Piggy suggested.

Mist was rather confused, how could switching the pieces positions effect anything? But seeing no reason why not, she agreed. Little did she know that that was the signal. Everyone else moved into place within the shadows while Mist and Piggy reset the board.

Piggy had prepared two very special pieces to use as her King and Queen, specialty black glass pieces that clinked as she placed them on the board. Mist was too busy devising a strategy to notice that the tops of the pieces were slightly off, like they had been cut off and glued back on.

The game started, and Mist thought Piggy was playing a strange game. She only ever moved her Queen one square at a time, and she was almost constantly moving her King. It was unlike any strategy Mist had ever seen, and it confused her enough to make her focus so intently on the game that she stopped paying attention to anything else going on around her.

Mist gasped in triumph as her Knight was put right into position to take out Piggy's King no matter what. Mist didn't even question Piggy's calm face as she smiled, "Checkmate."

Piggy laughed as she moved her Rook up to put Mist's King into checkmate, but it didn't matter, Mist had won. Figuring Piggy was just drawing this game out to it's last breath, Mist moved her Knight and knocked down the King. "I win."

Mist didn't even need to see Piggy's smile as the top of the King broke off and rolled away. On the bottom of the piece was a simple letter, 'Q'. "I'm afraid taking out my Queen doesn't win you the game."

Mist was absolutely baffled as Piggy took her Rook and knocked Mist's King down. "I believe that I win, actually."

"But..." Mist didn't understand, Piggy had switched her King and Queen, hadn't she?

"Just because you said I
could
switch the pieces, doesn't mean I
did
." She explained as she started pulling at her hairline and face. A wig and mask fell off and Mist stared at her own face sitting across from her. What was going on here?

"I'm afraid," A voice said from behind Mist, "That you aren't needed anymore."

Mist turned around just in time to see Piggy standing behind her with a knife. A sharp pain flared in her neck and she chocked as she tried to breathe. "Goodbye." Piggy whispered as Mist slowly closed her eyes, never to awaken again.
PiggyGal15
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
PiggyGal15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:58 am

Post by PiggyGal15 »

Shameless Homestuck reference for the finale <3 Good game guys~
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:04 am

Post by vonflare »

What
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:08 am

Post by McMenno »

I don't see it :(

you spider troll
Last edited by McMenno on Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”