Chaos RPG - SignUps and GamePlay Now Open

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Chaos RPG - SignUps and GamePlay Now Open

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2015 5:00 pm

Post by Titus »

C
h
a
o
s
R
P
G
-
A
F
u
t
u
r
i
s
t
i
c
R
o
l
e
p
l
a
y
i
n
g
G
a
m
e

Rules

1. Have Fun. If it's not fun for you, don't play. It won't hurt my feelings. Just be direct about it.
2. If you have to go VLA for a few days, let us know. If it's an extended duration (1 week plus), try to have a temporary replacement come in.
3. Try to always let players know where you are, so continuity is easy to accomplish. A Sample Post that does that will be provided by me to kick the game off.
4. Try to go with "Yes and". In other words, if someone typed it, try to roll with it.
5. Go ahead and post, once you get an idea of your character. Try to get a biography PMed to Titus so she can stick it up, format it and all that jazz.
6. Common Sense Applies

Current Players

1. Titus - Moderator + Player (I'll throw in whatever characters are necessary to get the story moving. I have quite a few sketched out mentally as needed.)

Setting - 2020 Washington DC, America

The year is 2020. The population of the world has been holding steady at roughly 5 billion people, despite new advances in technology. In 2015, the world met with a catastrophic event killing nearly 2 billion of the world’s people. This event is referred to as the SDD (sudden death day). SDD likely didn’t cause exactly that many deaths, but many people were also killed in the riots that followed. No neighborhood, city, state, village, nomad tribe, or other group was spared from SDD. These killing seemed very random but there may possibly be a genetic requirement, there may not.

Even five years after the fact, theories behind the cause of the event are numerous. Religious groups claim is signals some religious event. Each group claims the event fits within their narrative. The scientific community is equally divided and lost. People who were men of faith, turned more to science and vice versa.

Law and Chaos are equally in array. Many people turned to life of crime. Crime has only picked up since the mysterious event. Spontaneous inexplicable events happen without reason. Those who want a particular result are hiring less inquiring types to accomplish certain not-legal objectives. Others seek refuge in the law having faith that these people will be brought to justice, by whatever means necessary the courts may use. Some view the courts as corrupt.

Then there are people who just seek new methods of getting things done. The economies of the world crashed after the sudden random deaths. Some turned to community to try and gather influence, developing networks of like-minded people who will do whatever is needed to be done. Money is a temporary circumstance, a necessary evil to ensure common goods can be achieved.

The world has a baseline for order held together by a thread. People are still searching for themselves, but there is not rioting in the streets. Yet, going to the sketchy parts of town is a risky proposition. Many “victimless crimes” have been made legal. Prostitution is legal, provided both parties are willing participants. Drug use is legal, for any drugs, provided there are warning labels unless the drug is linked to permanent brain damage, temporary homicidal or suicidal rages, death or similar effects. Prostitution now has major corporate entities such as Pleasure Corp and Horizontal Ringerz. Drugs can be purchases at major pharmacies or local drug dealers. Citizens can test drugs bought from dealers to ensure safety without ingestion.

Cybernetics has started to take off, but not really taken hold. Some cybernetic eyes have been popularized, particularly for the blind.

Rumors of strange events have begun to circulate. Strange noises are reported. The bartenders collect many various rumors. Objects have been moving, spontaneously combusting, among other things.

Do you want to join this world? If so, you’ll need to draft up a character and PM it to Titus, the mod. If you have no idea for a character, you can just ask me to help. :nod: I can handle all formatting. Given this is day 1, go ahead and post without a bio, but try to get one done, so everyone has an idea on how to respond to your character.

Character Creation

To create a fully fleshed out character, there's some things you'll need to do. Most are explanatory. Some aren't. To see samples, look at the Character Biography Thread. If you decide that you don't want to fill in the details, the mod will have no problem doing so, if you provide a detailed concept. People with flaws are more likely to be rewarded.

Name:
Gender Identity:
Sex:
Significant History:
Personality Traits:
Character Image: (see Character Images Thread for taken celebrities, we all can't be Jensen Ackles and Justin Timberlake Clones)

Physical Stats – Max Stat at Creation is 15, Minimum Stat is 6. Each stat starts at 8. Each point higher or lower costs 1 point. You have 27 points to spend.
Average in the real world for a stat is an 9. 6 means you have major flaws with a particular trait and barely would pass for an adult. No one would depend on you for that stat unless forced to do so. 15 is some of the best in the world. Players in this game are above average people. There is no half average stat.

Strength – How physically strong you are. How much you can carry, push, lift drag, etc. This score also indicates how “buff” or “toned” you look in RP.
Dexterity – How flexible and precise you are with your motions. Aiming, computer typing, speed, and physical grace are things used for this.
Constitution – How fast you recover from physical damage, how much you can take, how sickly you are.
Intelligence – How book smart you are.
Wisdom – How much common sense you have.
Charisma – How well you can get others to do things. This is separate from your bank account. A high Charisma person needs to say and do less to get things done, or spend less money.

Motivations
Faith versus Science
Law versus Chaos
Money versus Community
Each character must make decisions. Which category does your character favor? Sometimes, a character will not care, if they care passionately about another category. For instance, a corrupt businessman cares nothing but for getting more money and power, doesn’t really care if it’s legal or whether God or science justify his actions. A Robin Hood character might focus on overthrowing the corrupt businessmen and their unjust laws, with any tool. That would be pure Chaos. Most characters are a mixture of the categories though.

Game Starting Post

Actions and Speech in Regular Text.
Phone Calls, Emails and other distant communications in [brackets].
Thoughts in Italics.
Header has name, location and time.

More detail is preferred. This is just a sample, so formatting is clear.

Adam Johnson, May 22, 2020, 5:00 - Chaos Bar, Washington D.CAdam overheard the man in the corner on his cellphone.
[Yeah, I'll ask her out. It'll be great. Today's the day. I've wanted her for so long.]
Grabbing a glass off the counter, he began to fill it with beer.
Never ask her on a straight tequila night...

Sure enough, the woman rejected the man. He came up and asked Adam for a draft beer. "Guinness and Miller are on sale tonight? You aren't the first, and you won't be the last."
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”