Scummies Ideas, Suggestions and Comments Thread

This forum is for ideas for the layout of the site and forums, both appearance and content.
BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Pronoun: He

Post Post #925  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:00 am

I think runner up might be a good thing to do sometimes?

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #926  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:29 am

In post 923, mastina wrote:
In post 920, BBmolla wrote:If the point of the scummies is to give light to great play, I think adding a 2nd and 3rd in each category would shed light on more plays and help with circumstances where judges are really torn between two great examples and have to choose one.
Possible compromise:
Years ago, they used to list all of the nominees for an award.
Now, they only list the winner.

In the reward ceremony, we could go BACK to listing all the nominees. That's an absolute zero effort thing (it should literally just be a copy-past thing guys), but it allows for a second spotlight beyond the original nomination, so to speak: "these were the others who were considered", and with that extra mention, those people/situations/games might get a higher level of exposure.

My goal and backstage agenda was to push for a "finalists" list to be published one month before the ceremony to build hype. Basically take all the nominees and pare it down to 4-5 finalists for each award, then only have the judges need to judge those 4-5 finalists. It'd be more Oscar-like and would build hype and recognize other finalists who were close to winning.

Creature
Survivor

Post Post #927  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:48 pm

Why can't we bring Best Town Performance back but distribute it to only the players that deserve it?
I might misgender you, if I do, it's probably because your avatar looks girly.

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #928  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:00 am

because then you have a group of 4-5 people picking through a player list and handing out awards to very specific people which will result in more drama than you even can imagine

the amount of butthurt people complaining they should've been involved in that award/win and the quote walling that would happen for/against that kind of shit would be ridiculous

it's not worth the effort

Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #929  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:51 am

Plus it's kind of impossible to assign credit to specific players in an objective way

It's either all or nothing
to be honest, I lied a little

Previous
[ + ]

Return to Site Ideas