'Keep me logged in' doen't keep me logged in.

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

'Keep me logged in' doen't keep me logged in.

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:27 am

Post by vIQleS »

I just lost a huge long game post because i got logged out and then couldn't log back in again... (Here at work, I have to close the window and then load the site from a new browser)

I also get logged out at home - especially first thing in the morning when I turn my computer on. the pages load automatically, but i'm not logged in.

If you figger out how to fix this let me know because this is simmlar to what's happening with another phpbb forum (that i'm the admin of - so no one to complain to...)

I'm guessing its a simple timeout or multiple IP settings...
Show
[size=75]
[b]Edith:[/b] You could respect my faith, that's all I'm asking...

[b]Cassanova:[/b] I'd rather challange it to the bone!

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:35 am

Post by molestargazer »

Does your browser automatically clear your cookies when you close it? My firefox used to do that, and that logged me out of everything.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Elmo »

It doesn't time out for me over weeks and weeks. I think your best bet is to clear cookies for both mafiascum.net and www.mafiascum.net - note that cookies from one don't seem to carry over, and links from one to the other can make things a bit weird, including appearing to be logged out or actually logging you out; one time that can happen is when you make a post. I don't 100% understand what causes the behaviour though.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by Andycyca »

If you're on Firefox 3.x renaming your cookies archive might help.

Go to your profile folder, rename cokies.sqlite to cookies.tmp. Clear your cookies and cache and restart it.
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
imkingdavid
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
imkingdavid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:47 am

Post by imkingdavid »

the way it keeps you logged in is by putting a Cookie in your browser (the non-tasty kind). This usually stores your username and login time and other useful information of the like. If you clear your cookies, you will be logged out the next time you open the site. So go ahead and clear all cookies associated with the website/forum, and then come back and log in, making sure to check the "Keep Me Logged In" box. Then, check and make sure your browser isn't set to Clear Cookies on Exit or something to that affect. If it is, you will be logged out regardless. If not, you're good to go. :) Hope this helps.
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 11:05 am

Post by vIQleS »

I realise that this is a bit of a dead thread, but I've just popped back in after a short hiatus and this is still a problem...
molestargazer wrote:Does your browser automatically clear your cookies when you close it? My firefox used to do that, and that logged me out of everything.
No - and it's happening on 3 different computers.

2 of them are at work and using IE6 and the one at home is using FF 3.something

It's just happened just now - it had been idle for an hour or so and I opened a link in a new window and both of them logged out.

I'll try some of those other suggestions when I get a chance at home.

(obviously can't muck around with stuff like that at work, so if it works it's not going to fix anything here...)
Show
[size=75]

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2010 11:07 am

Post by vIQleS »

I'm pretty sure this is a problem with phpbb, and not anything I've done.

I'm logged into gmail and a google apps acct, google docs and groups, forums.randi.org, another email acct (squirrelmail), facebook, twitter, youtube, and possibly thousands of other forums - some of which I only use once in a blue moon, and I have no problem with any of them...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]

Return to “Solved Requests”