Suggestion: Going Away Thread

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
MiriYami
MiriYami
Townie
MiriYami
Townie
Townie

Suggestion: Going Away Thread

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu May 23, 2002 6:55 pm

Post by MiriYami »

I suggest that we have a going-away thread so that, when people are going away, they can post once and have it be useful for all games that they are in. Or maybe a way to set your self as "gone away" which would be visible on the front page, by the list of active users. Or, ooh! Something that allows you to set yourself as gone away, how long, and which threads should be notified. Basically something so that someone wouldn't have to go post in however many different threads if they're going to be away for a week or something like that.

Just a thought.
[i]Two smallish lynch mobs formed up, but, feeling rather apathetic about the whole thing, just went home.[/i] --SpicyJ, in Mafia4, on the Brunchma board
Q
Q
Ninja
Q
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat May 25, 2002 6:13 pm

Post by Q »

How about an unobtrusive line at the top of the topic listing anyone who has posted in the thread and is currently marked as away?
MiriYami
MiriYami
Townie
MiriYami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue May 28, 2002 3:42 am

Post by MiriYami »

Sounds good to me. Now just tell us all how to mark ourselves as away and back. :)
[i]Two smallish lynch mobs formed up, but, feeling rather apathetic about the whole thing, just went home.[/i] --SpicyJ, in Mafia4, on the Brunchma board
Neo
Neo
Goat
Neo
Goat
Goat

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu May 30, 2002 8:34 am

Post by Neo »

Oooooh! I like this idea!
"Bah. I knew sleeping with DP would turn out to be a bad idea..." --quercitron, Old West Mafia.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jun 03, 2002 12:04 am

Post by Cadmium »

Great idea indeed!

Is it possible to make an option to mark yourself away in your profile and that it can be seen in all the mafia game topics you're in? Maybe with returning date or something?
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 7:14 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Until we have this feature...

I will be posting less the coming two weeks and then not at all for another 4-8 weeks, as we are moving from Singapore to France. I am alive in only one game (and probably not for long) so that should not be a problem.

DP mafia 3 (trouble in Haiti) will be rolled out somewhere around October I would guess.
Q
Q
Ninja
Q
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:44 pm

Post by Q »

This feature, nor any other, wont be coming until I have time to sit down at the box and code them (and learn php). Working on the php code over a ssh link at 26.4 kbps with plenty of lag thrown in is a pain.

Return to “Solved Requests”