Difficulties viewing a thread

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
eillid
eillid
Watcher
eillid
Watcher
Watcher

Difficulties viewing a thread

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2002 12:55 pm

Post by eillid »

I can't see mini game 5, for some reason. I haven't had any difficulty with any of the other games or threads, even in the same forum, but that one won't load past 24k. Is there anything that can be done for that?
Q
Q
Ninja
Q
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2002 3:17 pm

Post by Q »

Reinstall Windows.
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2002 3:20 pm

Post by quercitron »

Buy a Mac.
eillid
eillid
Watcher
eillid
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2002 3:21 pm

Post by eillid »

I don't have windows and I'm on a mac... but it works now. Next time I'll just shut down the computer for a few hours, it'll work. Thanks, though.
Q
Q
Ninja
Q
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2002 3:26 pm

Post by Q »

Buy me one also, but it had better run MacOS X. I've already got two that won't.
eillid
eillid
Watcher
eillid
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2002 3:33 pm

Post by eillid »

Two that won't run it? How old are they, then?
Q
Q
Ninja
Q
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed May 29, 2002 3:49 pm

Post by Q »

The newest one is a 7200. I believe that they do sell a CPU upgrade that will allow it to run MacOS X, however the cost would make it stupid (for lack of a better word). I'm hoping I'll be able to get enough put away in savings this summer so that I can justify plopping down a large sum of money (to me at least) on an iMac. I don't want a super powered machine, I wan't one that works, works the way I like it to work (UNIX, and no, cygwin on windows doesn't count), and doesn't sound like a jet-engine. Oh, and buying a pre-built PC from the likes of Dell or Gateway is out of the question. Pre-built PCs are built-to-fail crap. Nothing makes me angrier than opening up a prebuilt PC that claims it has AGP video, only to find an on-board graphics system and nothing more than solder pads where the AGP slot should have been. I don't know how PC people get off claiming that iMacs are unupgradeable while at the same time mass market PCs are purposely BROKEN for the purpose of preventing upgrades. At least Apple is upfront about its machines.

*looks around lost as to how he got here from the starting point of a power mac 7200*

Return to “Solved Requests”