I can't logout!

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

I can't logout!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:45 am

Post by cuban smoker »

So here I am, trying to logout of my current username, so I can use an alias; when I find that whenever I hit the button located up over there entitled "Logout [ cuban smoker ]", It just takes me back to the Forum Index, and I am still logged in! Part of the problem may be due to the fact that I have set my browser to log me in automatically when I come to this site.
So, uh, how should I go about fixing this? Or is there something about the page that could be changed?
Muser
Muser
Townie
Muser
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:26 am

Post by Muser »

If it's the browser thing, deleting your cookies (or just the ones from this site) would probably fix it. If you view your cookies in your browser and sort by "last date accessed", the mafiascum.net cookies should be near the top.

Just a guess. I don't know the specifics of this site. But I do web site programming.
[size=75]I guess it's over now 'cause I've never seen so much...never seen so much...never seen so much...BLOOD!

-Barenaked Ladies ("Tonight Is The Night I Fell Asleep At The Wheel")[/size]
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2002 10:37 am

Post by mith »

Yeah, you'll probably have to do that, and then not check the box when you log back in. Sorry. :(
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Sep 30, 2002 11:51 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Well, deleting the cookies did work, thank you. Now, if it isn't too much trouble, someone may want to look at that aspect of the webpage. Perhaps something can be done, so that all 30 players in Padded Wall can avoid going through this.
I only know HTML though, and am not a full web programmer, so you won't get any suggestions on how to do it from me
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:52 am

Post by mith »

I'm actually working on designing entirely new message board software that will eliminate this problem (among others; in this case, it will allow the moderator to assign thread-specific aliases to the players).
eillid
eillid
Watcher
eillid
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:55 am

Post by eillid »

Oh, so we wouldn't have to log out and then in as the other person? That sort of gives away your character (with the people at the bottom of the screen. Someone logs out, an unfamiliar name logs in, posts, logs out, and the old name logs back in). I'm going to have to start logging out when I leave the site to avoid that problem. It'd be nice if that could be avoided (like in the GL).
Angel Fish
Angel Fish
Townie
Angel Fish
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2002 10:04 pm

Post by Angel Fish »

or click the little box which says "do not add my name to the list of online users" when you log in, which would keep you hidden.
Muser
Muser
Townie
Muser
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:52 am

Post by Muser »

eillid wrote:Someone logs out, an unfamiliar name logs in, posts, logs out, and the old name logs back in).

I think you can also just open another instance of your browser and log in under your alias there (using the "do not add my name to the list of online users" option), and leave your other identity logged in in the first instance of the browser.
[size=75]I guess it's over now 'cause I've never seen so much...never seen so much...never seen so much...BLOOD!

-Barenaked Ladies ("Tonight Is The Night I Fell Asleep At The Wheel")[/size]
gashlycrumb
gashlycrumb
Townie
gashlycrumb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Feb 01, 2003 5:03 am

Post by gashlycrumb »

i've got the opposite problem.
every time i come to this site, i'm not logged in. every time, i log back in and check the 'remember my password' box. it never works.
i'd think it had something to do with cookies, except that IE hasn't had this problem with any of the other bboards i use. most of them are ikonboard, though, so it might be something about this particular interface. grr. very frustrating.
Chuck
Chuck
Goon
Chuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Feb 02, 2003 5:13 am

Post by Chuck »

Smashing your computer to bits and buying a new one should get you logged out.

Return to “Solved Requests”