Post deletions

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post deletions

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:11 am

Post by Jalyn »

I've noticed that at least some of the people that were unable to log into the site during the crash still have their posts.
Am I the only one that lost all of the old posts, was it anyone who needed to recreate an account (as in it wiped out anything done on that account), or is it just sporadic?

And, um, please don't lynch me for deleted posts and/or not talking! I swear I'm not at fault.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:20 am

Post by Cadmium »

I'm not sure, but I think MiriYami has the same problem.

She posted in the Mini Games thread, but when I click on the link to the last post (that's MiriYami's), I get the same message as I get when I click on your last post (Twin Peaks signup).
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:11 am

Post by Jalyn »

You're having a problem with some of my
new
posts? Because the old post in Twin Peaks was in about the middle of the thread.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:33 am

Post by Cadmium »

You're the last person that posted in the Twin Peaks sign-up. Today about 4 am mafiascum time.

When I click on the link on the main page, I get the following comment:

phpbb board wrote:No posts exist for this topic

But when I go to the Queue page and enter the OP, the thread works fine.

[edit]
Make that 9 am ;).
[/edit]
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:47 am

Post by Jalyn »

Ah. I thought that had something to do with the posts previously deleted. My post actually shows on page 1, but the thread thought that it should have been on page 2 because of the posts that had already been deleted. So it has a link up to page 2 because there used to be enough posts to do that, but there aren't because posts have been deleted.

And I did post in the mini-game thread at times, which could be why Miri's post is having problems.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:35 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Now I'm having the same problem with Corsato's last post in Full Com. Mafia :(.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:39 pm

Post by Cadmium »

And with Cuban Smoker's post in Mini Games :?.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Oct 17, 2002 9:44 pm

Post by mole »

I can answer this one!

The deleted posts are still counted when the forum makes the links to the pages - if there are 50 posts, but 5 of them are removed without updating the count, the boards think there are three pages, but when you click on the link it looks for posts 50 onwards - and finds they're not there after all.

There is probably an option to rebuild all the threads and page counts to make sure they get back to the right number of pages.
mole is now sleeping with the fishes.

Return to “Solved Requests”