The Mini Game Problem

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

The Mini Game Problem

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:35 pm

Post by MeMe »

Mini games are becoming a real problem on this board. As we are currently disallowed from being involved in more than one at a time, some changes need to be instituted to insure that players are not imprisoned in a stagnating game.

1) Mods must vow to be attentive, checking in
at least
once daily (if they're entering a busy time in real life, get the heck out of line).
2) Days should be no longer than one rl week (ten days if things are amazingly lively).
3) Nights should be no longer than three rl days.
4) If the next mod in line doesn't start their game thread & email roles within 48 hours of it being filled, the second mod in the queue is bumped up and the mod whose turn it was is taken off the list (to make sure this is fair, whoever's "in charge" -- and I'll volunteer to do it -- should email/PM the on-deck mod as soon as sign-up for their game begins).

If these changes are made, the games will be more quick and satisfying (more "mini," if you will). I expect things to be slower when there are 20+ people making decisions. When there are 12 or less, though, we should demand that the pace is quick. I know it's different than the way things are currently being done, but this will encourage people to only participate if they've actually got the time. And, they probably won't mind waiting to sign up, as there should be games starting more frequently if they're kept on a deadline.

It's small wonder that so many only play one game on this board and then disappear... it seems like every tenth post is some variation on "sorry I haven't been here, but..." I see that there are two newbies who have been waiting more than a week for their first mini game to really begin (at 8 days for night one and counting). My first game, I checked it probably 20 times daily to see what was going on. I wouldn't blame these new guys if they said "Forget it" and never showed up again; they've gotta be sick of living with disappointment. We're killing the fun for them before they ever even get to experience it.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:52 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Amen.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2003 11:10 am

Post by Norinel »

Being a newbie (who's waiting on a different mod, but SK's at least said things would be going out now), I don't have much of a say in this, but I'd like to prefix a "Unless the mod and/or a reasonable number of players post advance notice of absence, with date of return..."
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:37 am

Post by Dourgrim »

I can honestly say that I'm glad I didn't take the suggestions of most of the more experienced players on here and wait until I had finished a minigame or two before signing up to play in the bigger games... at the rate we're going right now, my first mini will take longer than any of the other games I'm in.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]

Return to “Solved Requests”