How do I get to mod a mini theme/any other game?

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

How do I get to mod a mini theme/any other game?

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:21 am

Post by willows_weep »

Hm I want to start a game really really soon( I think I have things set up nicely so far), how do I get mod status? I know when I first came here and I made the mistake of asking that in the wrong thread someone told me there were some things I had to accomplish first.
Can someone tell me exactly what steps I have to take to be able to mod a themed game? The others as well please.

Thanks.
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:35 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Look in Queue at the sticky threads' first posts.
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:43 am

Post by willows_weep »

Ah thanks alot Dragon Phoenix!!

I thought I had to like...partner up, do entry level what nots and etc to get started.

So I just sign up there when I have every bit of information needed, and then I get mod powers bestowed upon me and the game will start once its full?
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:34 am

Post by MeMe »

Free market games can start sign-ups as soon as the mod is ready, but it is required that you prove yourself able to handle modding such a game by running a mini or a normal large first -- and those have mod waiting lists.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:39 am

Post by willows_weep »

Hm I think I signed up for modding a themed game when I first came to mafia scum.
I said this
Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:29 pm Post subject:
can i be put on the waiting list? since there is a huge line I most likely will eventually qualify and have had tons of experience with this. Plus waiting gives me time to formulate a nice story. So yea, keep me in mind please. Thanks.
Oh and for anyone starting some new games soon, im always up for it. And im dependable
I found that in Theme List (moderators)
Other people had been signing up to go on the waiting list so I did too
( After I mistakenly bothered the queue page...the mistake is still there. And it said I had to go through some stuff first)
But I put it in advance since it seemed like a long line.

Does it still count?

MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:49 am

Post by MeMe »

the 'Read This First' post wrote:
Moderation restrictions:
You must have played a Mafia game on mafiascum.net, greylabyrinth.com, brunchma.com (or a site verified by mith)
to sign-up
to any of the moderator lists. This is simply to ensure that you understand how the game works, particularly on these forums.

You must have moderated a game on one of the above sites before you can
to run a theme game.
(underlining mine)

It says you have to be experienced before even signing up. So, I don't think it counted, willows.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:02 am

Post by willows_weep »

Ah thanks MeME.
I just signed up in the Normal Game List. I hope I did it right...

But do I qualify as experienced?
I played in Justice league, a newbie game, I'm playing in mini 74, playing in #79, and I just died in Rites game. I play mish mash games too... I have been here since Nov. Actually 3 days ago was my 2month celebration thingo. I am on a lot, responsible, I have never left a game and I have no intentions to ever do so. When I didn't think I would be able to even reach this site within 24 hours I notified the mods, I understand the roles, rules etc. Still learning things of course, but well that is to be expected right?
I have found 2 other sites that play mafia (I found them around 5am today and while looking through them...they don't seem as cool and ordered as this one but I did recognize some users there so I may look into those sites as well to get a look at how even more people play the game).

I do have the time and dedication to keep track of all of my tasks. I am fair, I try to be understood( the way I word things sometimes bothers people...)

hmm...yea

Return to “Solved Requests”