Missing Posts?

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:17 am

Post by Macros »

the donations is a good idea, and the disclaimer i would say is essential, while i dont ever think DP or meme or anyone would do what i think could happen (they're much too good people)
some random hobo might join, say next week, then after he becomes an addict (say, two days later) then within a month he could be a regular donar to the site, fair enough, well played that person.
but then if some poor little drunk tractor falling off irish boy who has no credit card or means to donate online, though he would if he could, then gets into an arguemnt with said person over some random issue, he might start to bitch saying, what have you ever done etc? i give money ALL the time, etc
now this post is completely irrational, and spawned from my fear of being useless and having no way to contribute, obviously, but i felt like making a ramling post. and to ask;
you can get those cards you top up in a shop and use online can't you? where? that would be Uber usefull for me, ingeneral for the net, save me asking for mums credit card then giving her money and stuff, coupled with the risk of mum getting credit card fraud or whatever.
and payapl, how does that work exactly?
(note how my random story is now irrelavent, but it WAS a fun sotry wasnt it?)
Oh the huge manatee!!
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:29 am

Post by mathcam »

Wow.

Cam
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:56 am

Post by MeMe »

Erm...
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:14 am

Post by Guest »

Uhh... It happened again. This time it ate my long Robo Rally thread. Not too big a deal, since I can just redo the first post and continue on, but this does need to be fixed before it eats again.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:34 am

Post by jeep »

bump to fix.
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Mafia
PolarBoy

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:20 am

Post by PolarBoy »

mathcam wrote:PolarBoy, did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything, everything I wish I could be.Well done on the backups.

Cam
er...crap. Last night I sifted through the files I saved and only found Princess Bride Mafia up to where I intruded to make fun of Someone's lack of knowledge. Sorry.
MUNSCM Delegate for the United Kingdom
Check out the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HomePage]ScumWiki[/url], and while you're at it, check out [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DocumentModeMafia]DocumentModeMafia[/url]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2003 10:03 am

Post by mathcam »

Hmm. You tricked me into idolizing you. I feel so used.

Cam
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:38 pm

Post by Antrax »

mith,

Apologies if I've stepped on your toes. As you might know, the post was made in a hurry before a (relatively) long absence (4 days is a lot for me), and I felt the issue needs to be addressed by someone, and assumed you wouldn't be online to post anything soon. Yeah, yeah, I know, two assumptions, etc. (actually three, throw in "mith is broke" there).

If I recall correctly, you are one of the misguided group of people who believe I am some sort of power-hungry freak, and in light of that opinion, your reaction is understandable. I should probably point out I still seem orange to myself, and the little link is still there, so I believe SOME sort of oversight was made by someone. If that is indeed how you feel, you should probably deadmin me (and demod, seeing as my next game should be around October). As always (and by "always", I mean, of course "on the whopping other 2 sites which I admin"), I mean only to help, but I am familiar with the other viewpoint as to how I end up being an admin on various places, and can do little to disprove it.

For the record, I never understood why the "ownership" if a site is such a big deal anyway, but I guess it goes well with the previous assumption about power-hunger, etc.

Re-reading the post, I realise I sound all pouty and stuff, but it's really not my intention. Trying to explain why I sound pouting when I'm actually not will just make me sound even worse, so I'll just give up on it altogether and go play magic with dethy.
Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:45 pm

Post by Antrax »

I just realised something, so here comes For The Record, Part II:
When I said "paid for by me" I meant "as a user who loves this site and doesn't want anything happening to it". If you understood anything like "I will buy this site from you, change my name to Phillip legally and usurp your family", this was certainly not my intention, though once again I could see how it could be interpereted as such, and can offer very little to persuade as to why my interpertation should seem more likely. [/FTRPII]
[edit: actually, I can. I've donated money to E-League.com and Somethingawful.com in the past, and I'm not even registered on the somethingawful boards. So there, I have proof. Or something]
Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:37 pm

Post by jeep »

Hmm.. Antrax, I just checked and you aren't an admin... If you are showing up orange on this forum, than something is weird.

-JEEP
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:55 am

Post by Antrax »

Yeah, I'm Orange and I have the administration panel thing... let me check if it works.
Yes, it does. Obviously you can see the reason for my confusion as to my role in this board :)
Just looked myself up, and I'm listed as user. Then again, so are you, Jeep. My guess is something went funky when Hy copied the users over.
(mith is listed as an admin, though, so some things still work)
Antrax
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2003 5:11 pm

Post by rite »

Yeah, I delisted myself from the mod list and I'm still green.

*shrug*
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2003 6:39 pm

Post by mith »

If I recall correctly, you are one of the misguided group of people who believe I am some sort of power-hungry freak, and in light of that opinion, your reaction is understandable.
I don't necessarily think you are a power-hungry freak. I think some of your behavior is consistent with that, and I haven't really seen it proven that you aren't, but it's less power-hungry, and more just that you tend to assume a lot. I just don't like being spoken for in any situation, and I like it less when I haven't even given my opinion on the matter.

Mostly, though, I just wanted to take the opportunity to put the ownership bit in writing somewhere so there is no confusion later.
When I said "paid for by me" I meant "as a user who loves this site and doesn't want anything happening to it".
Again, I never said you intended it the way I was talking about (and indeed pointed out that you may not have), only that it appeared that way. Just be more careful how you say things, or something.

That's all, really. Apology accepted.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2003 9:08 am

Post by Antrax »

:D
Antrax
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:57 pm

Post by Antrax »

W00t, I'm a user now. ~goes to check Jeep~
Antrax

Return to “Solved Requests”