Rules Discussion

Older threads and ideas relating to the Amstaad RPG.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:57 am

Post by Pie_is_good »

From skimming, I think somewhere inbetween FUDGE and D20 would be most effective - The versatility of FUDGE seems to apply well to what we (Yaw, really) have already put in place. I like the core mechanic of D20 (Dice + Modifier vs. Target Number), but the use of a D20 seems to make things a bit more chance-based than they should be (e.g., if a character at the upper bound of human strength were to armwrestle a character at the lower bound of human strength, D20 would have the weaker character winning nearly a third of the time).

I'll post more here when I've read the rundowns more thoroughly.
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.
Pie_is_good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Pie_is_good
Massclaim_is_Good
Massclaim_is_Good

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:21 pm

Post by Pie_is_good »

I certainly like FUDGE as the main system to work with, but I'm most concerned that its flexibility could prove to be as much a drawback as an advantage. Given that players will spend their time in Amstaad bouncing between numerous mods, our mods will need to make the transitions as smooth as possible. Which is where the rigidity of, say, D20 comes in handy.

That said, I think FUDGE is the place to start. But, especially given that we're operating a multiple-mod RPG, we're going to need to tread with caution.
I am a stand-up dude of genuine flyness.

Return to “Old Aamstaad”