Duplicating posts

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Duplicating posts

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:23 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

I was alerted to this by one of the players in the game I'm modding, and also noticed the same problem in another game I'm playing.
Some posts have been duplicated pushing quote numbers out by 1 (or 3 in the case of the game I've playing, but I haven't bothered to trawl through posts to find the errors in that one)
From the game I've modding, post #99 seems to have duplicated itself
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... &start=100
Click on the link of 100 and it will take you to post 99 which has the same post number.

I realise I could just delete it, but since the same issue appears to have happened in at least one other game (the quote number is out on this page at the every least http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p4603803 - see the current #511 which quotes it as #506)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:40 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Do you mean duplicated after-the-fact, like post 99 is now both #99 and #100? Because that would be a major problem.

But network stutters happen all the time, and cause simultaneous posts. Just delete/blank the duplicated post and go on.
Retired as of October 2014.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:07 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1, Mr. Flay wrote:like post 99 is now both #99 and #100? Because that would be a major problem.

Yes, post #100 isn't listed as belonging to the poster in ISO mode.

The server stutters causing duplicated posts give off unique post numbers usually, both of the posts link to http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p4603669, while if it was a normal duplicate post caused by the server stuttering, the second one would end with 4603670.

I also recall hitting the top of the page with my votecount currently listed as #101 in the thread (though still as #100 in my ISO)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:21 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Yeah, I think I just saw an example of what you're talking about. both #23 and #24 got repeated as #26 and #27, or something, but when you ISO'ed the person or used ?start=20, the duplicates disappeared.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:38 pm

Post by UberNinja »

Oh damn... that can't be good. Uh... post IDs are doubled but post references are off, or something? :shifty:
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:41 pm

Post by UberNinja »

For a stranger example, see here:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=24872

Posts #22, #23, #24 are duplicated as #25, #26, #27...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Yup, that's exactly the thread I had been looking at. That's WEIRD.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:49 pm

Post by Bitmap »

This has happened in my game as well sorta. The posts got shifted one over like #24 would be #25 and so on. Could it be because of deleting posts from abc's many alts?
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:00 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

I can't imagine so. That said, I don't have access to the site's code, and it would take forever to browser through, I imagine.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:25 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Wait, did abcalts post in those games/threads?? That could absolutely be related to what you're seeing, good catch. (some of the later alts, we moved their posts via SQL rather than the usual interface)
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:44 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

I think I saw one in the game I was paying that has this issue. I don't recall it in my modded game, is possible though.

Though there currently is no problem in the open queue and that was somewhere that you just of attacked will the sql,
On another issue regarding those sqls, if the last post is removed that wary, the newest unread and latest post buttons tell you that you can't view the topic. (at least I think that's what happened to the open queue a few days ago)
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:46 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Yeah, it's a not-ideal solution, but this does seem like the likely cuplrit. I'll see if chamber has any ideas on restoring the index.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:00 am

Post by chamber »

Should be fixed.
Taking a break from the site.
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:08 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 9, Mr. Flay wrote:Wait, did abcalts post in those games/threads?? That could absolutely be related to what you're seeing, good catch. (some of the later alts, we moved their posts via SQL rather than the usual interface)

Yes.

@chamber: Thanks!
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."

Return to “Solved Requests”